PDA

View Full Version : I been confused for a while

martinezsam2495
11-09-2012, 01:26 PM
How do I create more side roll?
But my main question is, does having more sideroll mean less hook? Or a violent backend hook?
:confused::confused::confused:

Zothen
11-09-2012, 05:34 PM
You can create side roll by releasing ball in a handshake position. Side roll is suppose to give more hook and your speed and revs will determine if it is smooth or nasty hook.

Zothen

billf
11-09-2012, 10:19 PM
You still bowling thumbless? I'm only asking because the how is slightly different.

Tampabaybob
11-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Martin..... Side roll is created by hand position at the point of release. As Zothen to minimally get some side roll the easiest way is to release the ball as though you war shaking hands. Just because you do this, it should not create a violent back end. It depends on how your ball is drilled, what type of ball you're throwing, and the lane conditions you're bowling on as well as where you're playing. The amount of revs you place on the ball also has a bearing on the backend reaction of the ball. Fill us in on these items and we should be able to give you some help.

If Bill is correct in stating you throw without using your thumb, then changing hand positions becomes a little trickier.

Bob

LonelyBowler
11-15-2012, 05:22 AM
Twist your wrist right as your hand approaches the heel of your foot.

Tampabaybob
11-15-2012, 06:16 AM
Twist your wrist right as your hand approaches the heel of your foot.

Making sure your thumb is on the way out before you do !!

Bob

MisterSinister
11-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Interesting, when I bowl no thumb I have the opposite issue. I have a ton of side roll, and can't figure out how to get less.

Zothen
11-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Their is a theroy out that if you put your pinky out and keep index finger close to middle finger you will get less revs.

Zothen

martinezsam2495
11-17-2012, 10:34 AM
You still bowling thumbless? I'm only asking because the how is slightly different.

Yeah

martinezsam2495
11-17-2012, 10:36 AM
sorry for not replying to you guys, I couldn't find this thread anymore when I tried looking for it

martinezsam2495
11-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Martin..... Side roll is created by hand position at the point of release. As Zothen to minimally get some side roll the easiest way is to release the ball as though you war shaking hands. Just because you do this, it should not create a violent back end. It depends on how your ball is drilled, what type of ball you're throwing, and the lane conditions you're bowling on as well as where you're playing. The amount of revs you place on the ball also has a bearing on the backend reaction of the ball. Fill us in on these items and we should be able to give you some help.

If Bill is correct in stating you throw without using your thumb, then changing hand positions becomes a little trickier.

Bob

what I'm looking for it to let my ball roll on the 10 board, and then snap at the pocket,
yet my problem at the moment, is the ball is shifting a board too early, or a board to late. Resulting in a split or, brooklyn.