PDA

View Full Version : what type of adj

noeymc
11-10-2012, 09:05 PM
would i make if my ball doesnt react i try'd playing the 5 (1st arrow) to get my ball to maybe hook into the pocket but it would make it and as i moved more and more to the left it never made it till i started forcing it is there a easier type of adj to make?

75lockwood
11-10-2012, 09:19 PM
you can try selecting a different target, for example, if you can't move any further right and the ball won't hit pocket, try moving your target left ex. first to second arrow and adjust from there.

that being said, this is a good reason to build your arsenal, when your not getting enough (or to much hook) being able to switch to a different ball is useful.

noeymc
11-10-2012, 09:24 PM
a hammer taboo should hook in it but id say 60% shots pretty much went straight and i tryd the 2nd arrow i ended up just riping it the last 4 shots and striked out saved my game but yeah

Perfect Scale™: 212.30 for a deep purple hammer taboo youd think it would hook if i threw it straight

billf
11-10-2012, 09:34 PM
You may find that it's too dry that far outside for an aggressive ball to make it back strong. A lot of them will just burn out or if you're lucky, hit the pocket like a feather.

noeymc
11-10-2012, 09:44 PM
ill have to bring this up to my coach i am waiting for his next day off so i can get another lesson

billf
11-10-2012, 09:45 PM
I tried this line with my Revenge and Nexxus and they sucked. My Terror was alright. The Reckless and Misfit better but my urethane kicks butt from there.

noeymc
11-10-2012, 09:55 PM
what line? lol confused now i think they do dollar games tomorrow morning maybe ill go bowl a few work on forum lol

Zothen
11-10-2012, 09:55 PM
What type of ball are you using? Have you tried adjusting the coverstock for more grip? Are you bowling in oil or is it dry?

Zothen

noeymc
11-10-2012, 09:56 PM
i use a hammer taboo deep purple i am unsure of there oil i dont want to adjust it cuz at the lanes where i do most my bowling my ball works great

billf
11-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Don't adjust it just realize that is way too much ball for that line at most centers.

noeymc
11-10-2012, 10:03 PM
i was missing right i moved as far right as i was comfortable to move is there any videos online that you know of that i could see how to adjust for it

J Anderson
11-10-2012, 10:07 PM
i was missing right i moved as far right as i was comfortable to move is there any videos online that you know of that i could see how to adjust for it

You mean to adjust for the fact that you missed your target to the right, or that you still missed right of the pocket after you moved your feet right?

noeymc
11-10-2012, 10:09 PM
miss left move left miss right move right basic adj 101

billf
11-10-2012, 10:10 PM
I think he means after he moved his feet right. If the ball is burning up too quickly then you need to move feet and target left, towards the oil line. The more aggressive the ball the more it needs oil to complete the skid phase and hit the hook phase then roll phases on time and with force.

noeymc
11-10-2012, 10:14 PM
ooo i am sorry misunderstood sorry about that yeah i tryd about 2 different marks 5/7/10/12 ad stood 5 boards left of each mark

billf
11-10-2012, 10:23 PM
With a ball like the Taboo I would try 15-12 with a break point around 8-10. If you can get some revs and rotation 25-15 works well usually.

noeymc
11-10-2012, 10:25 PM
i will give that a try tomorrow morning

Tampabaybob
11-11-2012, 07:29 AM
i use a hammer taboo deep purple i am unsure of there oil i dont want to adjust it cuz at the lanes where i do most my bowling my ball works great

With that ball being aggressive as it is, why are you playing that far outside? I would think you'd be somewhere between 2nd and third arrow. What does the ball do when you're inside of the 2nd arrow? Does it hook or straighten out? The other thought is how different the oil pattern is between the two houses you mentioned. It almost sounds like this one is flat oil edge to edge. I'm missing something here, and I'm not sure what's happening with this ball on this oil pattern. That taboo should be going left of the head pin on a normal house shot if you're playing an outside line.

Bob

noeymc
11-11-2012, 09:04 AM
lets just say i i only hit the pocket about6 times 2 of thos times were cuz i messed up and got lucky lol there was no ball reaction

Tampabaybob
11-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Ok, but what was the ball reaction? In other words were you shooting 1st arrow, 8 board, 2nd arrow or what? Did the ball seem to slide a long way? Could you see the ball transition from slide to hook and back to a roll, and at what point on the lane did all of that take place ? You see, if a few of us were standing behind you as you were throwing the ball, it would be much easier to analyze what was happening. When it comes down to doing all of this verbally it's a little harder. Actually much harder. We (the boards) want to help, so it's important to give as much specific information as possible. We're here for you and your fellow bowlers and we all want you to succeed. Just give us as many of the specifics as possible.

Bob

noeymc
11-11-2012, 01:42 PM
i never seem to see the flip or the switch from slid to hook cept when i past the 2nd arrow on the right the middle must of had a ton of oil

marks 5/7/10/12 ad stood 5 boards left of each mark

Tampabaybob
11-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Guessing you would have a better shot inside. Bill hit the nail on the head with the line(s) he suggested. The ball is aggressive and you need to start it out in the oil, maybe 15 or so and swing it out to 5-8 board at about the 38 - 40 foot break point area and see what it will do. Then I would adjust from there.

Bob