PDA

View Full Version : my first video be nice

noeymc
11-11-2012, 06:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD_nP3-cwM8&feature=youtube_gdata

any feedback is greatly welcome this is around the start of the 2nd game thur most of the 3rd

o i had to keep fixing the score free bowling = bad lane lol

75lockwood
11-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Found it! lol

anyway, it looks rather good, you do have some balance issues, and could do with a bit more knee bend, but other than that, good bowling :D

The German Shepherd
11-11-2012, 07:31 PM
It looks like you are doing pretty well, Noah. If I were to give you some advice, I would suggest that you slow the tempo down and let your arm-swing free. Think "smooth and free" and do not rush to the line. You notice that you are stepping off to the right after your shots, and that it often due to getting to the line too far ahead of the ball.

Jay

noeymc
11-11-2012, 07:36 PM
i seen that any advice on how to do that

75lockwood
11-11-2012, 07:47 PM
i seen that any advice on how to do that

Read this:

http://www.athletics2000.com/andrew/Documents/USBC%20Chapter%2007%20Fine%20Tuning%20the%20Physic al%20Game.pdf

just finished reading it, a lot of great info :D

noeymc
11-11-2012, 07:56 PM
will do

75lockwood
11-11-2012, 07:59 PM
will do

haha, its a bit long, but it explains the different aspects better than i can lol

and hey, you might learn a few extra things while your at it (i did) LOL

noeymc
11-11-2012, 08:04 PM
ok i cant read it now muti tasking lol

75lockwood
11-11-2012, 08:08 PM
ok i cant read it now muti tasking lol

Lol, i was in the car for 4 hours today, so i did some reading :D

noeymc
11-11-2012, 08:11 PM
that will do it lol

and on the bending the knee thing i dont feel comfortable going any lower

on the back swing i dont think i stop it or anything i kinda just let it go ill have to think about it next time i bowl to give you a honest point of view

billf
11-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Back swing is fine. Swing looks acceptable. At the line the only real balance issues are as follows; 1. Your balance foot is off the floor. So instead of a tripod holding you up, you have a bipod. Gymnasts are the rare few that could maintain balance for an extended period of time that way. Keep your damn foot on the floor lol 2. At the foul line you need to keep your body in the proper alignment-toe, knee and chin all in line perpendicular to the lane. The straighter this alignment at release the better your balance will be. I don't have an issue with your foot speed but if you learn to slide at least a little, it will allow your body to stay in alignment, maintain balance and give you some margin of error for timing.

noeymc
11-11-2012, 09:40 PM
i think i may need new shoes or clean them there kinda dirty and yeah i dont think i've ever been a slider ill have to try it out :( and kinda confused on the foot chin knee thing. so i am not to shabby? lol

billf
11-11-2012, 10:33 PM

If you draw an imaginary line from Fagan's chin, though his knee to his toe it will be straight and at 90 degrees to the horizontal plane of the lane.

noeymc
11-11-2012, 10:43 PM
oooo ok yeah thats going to take some work :( lol bowling ally here i come =D

billf
11-11-2012, 10:50 PM
I practice it at home. I've only come across one person that picked it up and used it correctly right away. But she had a dance and gymnastics back ground so it made sense to her and she found it easy to do and felt better from the first time on the carpet. Once you know how the finish should feel it gets easier to do on the lane. Your knees and all will automatically line up. Once that happens you will be able to control loft properly from the start stance.

noeymc
11-11-2012, 10:58 PM
so like this bill?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUPraOOvbLo&feature=plcp

billf
11-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Pretty much. I worry more about the finish position and not as much about how I get there, it all falls into place. Also, I skip the box lol

noeymc
11-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Pretty much. I worry more about the finish position and not as much about how I get there, it all falls into place. Also, I skip the box lol

ill use a box =D gotta work on keeping the foot down also =D

Tampabaybob
11-12-2012, 08:47 PM
so like this bill?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUPraOOvbLo&feature=plcp

Bills right on, and the video is "EXACTLY" what I would suggest you try to emulate. If you can get to that position at the line, (with just a little bit of a slide) you will find several things will increase...your accuracy, your leverage, and the feel of all of the components of your swing and release. When you're too fast with your feet and no slide you'll always fall to the right.

90% of your approach is on the money, you just need a little tweaking to get everything in balance. I don't think it will take you very long to accomplish this and I look forward to seeing another video in a week or so showing us the improvements. Time and patience and you'll get there.

Good luck.

Bob

noeymc
11-12-2012, 09:19 PM
thanks bob my bowling buget spent for this week =D lol but i am working on that video thing but yea

Tampabaybob
11-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Don't try to rush getting us a video. Work on fixing things to where it feels normal to bowl and end up that way. We're not going anywhere, we can wait.

Bob

noeymc
11-12-2012, 09:33 PM
i tend learn pretty fast i hope i keep learning fast and i get this down to