PDA

View Full Version : What is THE LONGEST SLUMP any of you have ever been in!!

MICHAEL
11-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Manic, my wife, is always telling me to Straighten up, I am slumping! But hey, I am 64, worked my butt off for 30 years as an Iron Worker, here in Kansas City! But in bowling I would say the longest slump I have been in might be the last 20 years! Anyone out there had longer, or shorter slumps?? Janson is one hell-0f-a-bowler!! I keep telling him, give it time,,, put the NIGHTMARE away for a while, at least during league play, and use the ball that got you your last three, 300 games!!!

noeymc
11-12-2012, 12:47 AM
not sure my slumps tend to last a week or 2 but after that u refocus and get back on track

BoomGoesTheDynomite
11-12-2012, 01:40 AM
Mine normally last a week at most two as well. You just have to learn to refocus and get back to the basics that got you to where you were before the slump.

Zothen
11-12-2012, 02:55 AM
I would guess 9mo due to relearning how to bowl again. Now I can hit the broadside of a barn!

Zothen

MisterSinister
11-12-2012, 07:44 AM
I've had slumps last a few months. When that happens, that's when I buy a new ball. I just feel like its a nice clean fresh start. The last 2 times I did that, its worked. In fact, I think it's time for a new ball again. Not just because I'm a little off, but because I want to start bowling with my thumb in more often, and I don't have a good ball for that right now.

MICHAEL
11-12-2012, 10:27 AM
I've had slumps last a few months. When that happens, that's when I buy a new ball. I just feel like its a nice clean fresh start. The last 2 times I did that, its worked. In fact, I think it's time for a new ball again. Not just because I'm a little off, but because I want to start bowling with my thumb in more often, and I don't have a good ball for that right now.

One point I made to Jason/THE DUDE, was it just MIGHT BE THE NEW NIGHTMARE!

Could a demonic, factor be coming to play here! Could a nightmare become a reality! Are these balls made with fragments of slump material! Could it be that THE NIGHTMARE, (when you connect with your 3 fingers, becomes a bowling slump, sucking the greatness right out of a GREAT PLAYER! Can a man of the cloth do an exorcism, with Holy Water, in order to purify these balls!?!?

I have ask Jason to quit throwing the damned ball, except when bowling our team on Sunday Evenings! But he can’t,,,,, HE CAN’T!! Its like the ball possesses HIM! Can a man be possessed by his balls??? Is my good friend and bowling partner, (except on Sundays), in need of a special kind of help!

Should I sneak a bottle of Holy Water into the AMF, and pour it into the trinity of holes! Would this maybe dissolve the SLUMP!? I need your thoughts!!

JaMau24
11-12-2012, 03:51 PM
One point I made to Jason/THE DUDE, was it just MIGHT BE THE NEW NIGHTMARE!

Could a demonic, factor be coming to play here! Could a nightmare become a reality! Are these balls made with fragments of slump material! Could it be that THE NIGHTMARE, (when you connect with your 3 fingers, becomes a bowling slump, sucking the greatness right out of a GREAT PLAYER! Can a man of the cloth do an exorcism, with Holy Water, in order to purify these balls!?!?

I have ask Jason to quit throwing the damned ball, except when bowling our team on Sunday Evenings! But he can’t,,,,, HE CAN’T!! Its like the ball possesses HIM! Can a man be possessed by his balls??? Is my good friend and bowling partner, (except on Sundays), in need of a special kind of help!

Should I sneak a bottle of Holy Water into the AMF, and pour it into the trinity of holes! Would this maybe dissolve the SLUMP!? I need your thoughts!!

It could just be me. I may just be throwing it badly. I like the reaction. I'm just not consistent with it right now, but I haven't been consistent with any ball for the last 3 weeks. I'll figure that ball out. At the very least, it will be a good sport pattern ball.