View Full Version : Motiv Venom Strike

toverbey
11-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Lane Condition:
Modified Kegel Stone Street on Brunswick ProLane

Layout:
4 7/8 x 4 7/8
75 x 4 7/8 x 30

Finesse with power. That is what I use to describe the Motiv Venom Strike. The modified Atomix shell gets through the heads with ease but still attains great mid lane traction on medium to light oil conditions. The proven Gear core (2.48 RG, .034 Diff) enhances this reaction by facilitating a strong but controllable backend reaction. When the ball gets to the spot you can see a pronounced motion towards the pocket which continues as it drives through the deck with ease. I laid my Venom Strike out with a higher pin to help it conserve some energy for a slightly more angular attack on the backend. The combination of this layout, with the natural smoothness of ball itself, has given me a great control ball when the lanes start to break down and I am forced left. At the beginning of the day I am given a very clean ball with a strong, but controllable, motion at the spot. As the games progress I find that I can move left, increasing my launch angle quite a bit, and still retain energy downlane and power through the pins. This gives me a look that is very similar to the Thrash but weaker overall, something that I am very excited to have. If you’re looking for a ball that will give you great predictability for medium to lighter oil conditions, the Motiv Venom Strike is the ball to have.

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
Motiv Staff