PDA

View Full Version : Motiv Venom Strike

Dugbark
11-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Bowler Stats-Ball Speed 15.5 MPH Rev Rate-App 280 Axis of Rotation-30 to 60 degrees Axis Tilt 9 degrees Right Handed PAP-5 over, 1/4" up

The Motiv Venom Strike is designed for light to medium oil patterns according to Motv. The ball is as advertised and more for me. It pushes through the heads on fresh shots as well as when the heads get thin. The ball revs up late in the mid lanes and make a strong arcy continous move at the end of the pattern. In addition, the core/cover combo allows me to move deeper even though I have had the most success playing up the boards with the Venom. The Core of the Ball, the Gear Core, revs early without a lot of flair. I am able up to play up the boards, or swing it out to the dry until their is no longer enough head oil to get it down the lane. I am also able to tug the ball into the soup on house shots and it still manages to carry. The ball trips more 10 pins (and therefore leaves less) then any other ball in the Motiv line. I have used this ball on Heavier oiled lanes with more surface on the ball and was able to get the ball to the pocket. I think it will be a great match up for me early in long format tournaments on wood (with higher friction), league nights and on medium length patterns. The Venom Strike lets me know when to put it away as it will start leaving weak 10's and 7's on hits that look good, as well as getting into an area of over/under.

If you use this ball as designed, that is on medium oil patterns of volume or length, it will be a very effective ball. To throw it on a burnt conditions will require a healthy polish and a longer drill pattern. With the Venom Strike Motiv has a piece of equipment to give the original GT1 ball reaction with a stronger coverstock.

I'm very colorblind but the Neomark Graphic makes the ball very pleasing to the eye and give it good shelf appeal, though I have

heard a number of comments about the pink in the ball :-).

Dug Barker
Motiv Staffer
BTM Youth Writer
Ken Bowl Lanes Youth Director
Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal Coach
BWAA Member
SWBA Member
USBC Silver
2003 GLBA Youth Coach of the Year