PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Redilling Question

75lockwood
11-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Hey all, i was wondering about something, whenever i see a ball that's been redrilled, they always drill a different layout, why is this? is it not ok to redrill over the plugs? i would think this would be the best option because leaves the core and cover stock more intact.

bowl1820
11-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Hey all, i was wondering about something, whenever i see a ball that's been redrilled, they always drill a different layout, why is this? is it not ok to redrill over the plugs? i would think this would be the best option because leaves the core and cover stock more intact.

The reasons are many, They are trying a different layout for a different reaction. It was someones Else's ball and the new owner might not want to use or cannot use the same layout do to their bowling spec's.

You can drill into plugs if you want, that's not a problem.

75lockwood
11-12-2012, 05:20 PM
The reasons are many, They are trying a different layout for a different reaction. It was someones Else's ball and the new owner might not want to use or cannot use the same layout do to their bowling spec's.

You can drill into plugs if you want, that's not a problem.

O ok, so theres no problem drilling into the plugs then, i might get my ball resurfaced and re drilled when i get the marauder then. Thanks!

MisterSinister
11-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Drilling into the plugs isn't a problem. I have a ball that was rerilled for me with one of the holes being drilled almost exaclty in the same places as the hole before.

75lockwood
11-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Drilling into the plugs isn't a problem. I have a ball that was rerilled for me with one of the holes being drilled almost exaclty in the same places as the hole before.

sounds good, given that my hand is bigger, i'm hoping to completely cover the wholes that are already there, thus making it seem like it was only drilled once (given my span is off, it will probably leave a bit of thumb, but o well)

bowl1820
11-12-2012, 07:27 PM
sounds good, given that my hand is bigger, i'm hoping to completely cover the wholes that are already there, thus making it seem like it was only drilled once (given my span is off, it will probably leave a bit of thumb, but o well)

If your fingers are all right (pitches etc), all you have to do is plug the thumbhole and move it to fix the span.

If you have to change pitches in the fingers, you just plug them and drill right back in the same spot and you'll never see it.

75lockwood
11-12-2012, 07:34 PM
If your fingers are all right (pitches etc), all you have to do is plug the thumbhole and move it to fix the span.

If you have to change pitches in the fingers, you just plug them and drill right back in the same spot and you'll never see it.

This might be an option, the fingers are a bit tight, but perhaps just changing the grips can fix this, the thumb would definitely need to move, its to small, and of course the span is off. I will consult the pro shop to see what can be done.

thanks guys!