PDA

View Full Version : me bowling please tell me anything i need to improve.

striker12
11-12-2012, 07:38 PM
hey guys heres a video of me bowling ik some thigns im doing wrong.

main thing i do see im doing wrong is my balance its the main thing i see im doing wrong but also my ankle is messed so that could be the other reason for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7hDX_TVKX8&feature=youtu.be

the bowling balls i was thowing was my.

-DV8 too reckless(first 2 shots)
-DV8 hell raiser revenge(a few shots)
-track kinetic pearl(1 or 2 shots with it)
-c300 freeze(the rest of the shots)

spare was also the c300 freeze attempted the Greek church but did not get enough from the freeze and was close just missing the 6pin.

striker12
11-12-2012, 07:41 PM
i did edit out shots and the shots i edited out where the shots that i stuck on

noeymc
11-12-2012, 07:43 PM
i dont think id be much help you bowl a different style then me sorry buddy keep that leg down =D i got told about that yesterday

striker12
11-12-2012, 07:53 PM
yeah the lanes where so dry on the outside thats why ont eh first shot i shot it out wide and it hooked like nothing to the pocket and tryed it again and it started voer hooking so edited them out and then started playing up middle and was doing decent untill i messed up a few shots.

im trying to keep my leg down but dont work so well my right leg is abit messed up

75lockwood
11-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Well... first id like to remark at the fact that the ally i bowl at has the same ball return :cool:

your swing seems a bit inconsistent, it will swing to the left, then to the right, then straight..... you need to work on doing the exact same thing every time, other than that, your balance is a bit off.

now we wait for bill to come whip you into shape :D LOL

striker12
11-12-2012, 08:00 PM
lol yeah bill probly will.

yeah mostly the swing is different is mostly because i was throwing different balls my HRR thumb hole is gotten worn out and now to big abit so i do have to squeeze witch on saturdya going to get a new one then the kinetic pearl span is too short but fun to throw it but then the freeze thumb is decent and thetoo recless thumb is perfect fit still kinda new

Tampabaybob
11-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Well, before Bill chimes in let me get my two cents worth in for you Striker. For the most part your approach looks pretty good. I'm in agreement about your right leg, you need to try to keep your right toe on the floor. Part of your falling off to the right ( other than not using your leg for balance) is that you get to the line a second before your arm and ball. Keep this fact in mind..."If your feet are too fast, you'll fall to the right and if your feet are too slow you'll fall to the left." So you're just a split second ahead of the ball. Even if you can't get your right leg all the way down, if you can get your ball and slide foot to come together at the line it will help your balance a ton.

Regarding 'Lockwoods' comments, he's correct, however when you are off balance it's awfully hard to throw the ball consistently. You want to get to the point where you are "Perfectly" balanced on just your left foot (and right toe hopefully) when you release the ball and be able to HOLD that position until the ball drops off of the pin deck. When you get to that position you will be able to feel more about what your arm, hand and follow through are doing as well. Basically you will be setting yourself at the line.

Bob

striker12
11-12-2012, 08:53 PM
thanks bob i will keep this stuff in mind and give it a try my next bowling is on saturday in league soo i will try to do this and see how i do but after i throw the ball i will try to hold the spot and if i do i will look down and see where my right leg is at

Zothen
11-12-2012, 08:56 PM
The 1 constant thing I see you do is movement! In my opinion you have too much movement before you bowl and this may be throwing you off. Can you hold ball still for couple seconds before you bowl? I have a teammate who does this and as soon as he stopped moving the ball,the more consistant he was in the pocket. Also you seem like your rushing,try slowing your footwork a tad and keep arm striaght thru swing. Your armswing should be same regardless of what ball your using,unless your going coast-coast with 1 ball and down & in with another? I would also consider a brace for leg or ankle for more stability.

Zothen

BoomGoesTheDynomite
11-12-2012, 09:06 PM
as everyone else said (including you) I think you should work mostly on your balance. Once you figure out how to get your foot down it will help a lot with consistency. The only other thing I see is that when you're trying to throw a strike your arm seems to go all over the place. Ideally you should follow through on your target line. You do this very well on your spares. It might be because from what it looks like on your strike shot you are really trying hard to hook the ball as much as possible. That's just how it looks to me. If you just roll the ball and follow through the revs will still be there, you might even have more. Keep working at it though... bowling is soooo much work haha

75lockwood
11-12-2012, 09:06 PM
'Lockwoods' comments

Hey "bob" Why the Quotes around my name? LOL

kmf
11-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Which shot did you want critiqued? Seriously, you know you're inconsistent now to find out why. What's up with the wrist turning on the back swing? All the movement before you bowl, you end up not really starting from the same spot each time body-wise. Doesn't look like you have much spine tilt either but that's hard to tell from the angle. Your steps are short and fast while the swing looked muscled at the top of the back swing which was too high in some shots. Balance arm and foot, get them where they belong. Your timing is a bit late.

billf
11-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Get the ball moving into the swing a half second earlier and only go as high on the back swing as momentum will allow. Stop muscling it. Wrist and elbow movement drove me nuts. Any way, getting the ball into the swing sooner will assist with the balance and help the timing. Get your balance foot on the floor before I have to nail it to the floor (just messing with you Striker). It also appeared as if your head raised up about an inch during the release.

striker12
11-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Get the ball moving into the swing a half second earlier and only go as high on the back swing as momentum will allow. Stop muscling it. Wrist and elbow movement drove me nuts. Any way, getting the ball into the swing sooner will assist with the balance and help the timing. Get your balance foot on the floor before I have to nail it to the floor (just messing with you Striker). It also appeared as if your head raised up about an inch during the release.

yeah can tell you this i never knew my wrist turned at all on my back swing to me it feels like it never moves and the balance i defently have to work on not really sure why my head raises i did notice that when watching the video but was not sure if that would do anything.

i will try to get into the swing a half second earlier and as high as my back swing goses is as high as it will go on my one shot the back swing was low because of the ball started sliding of my thumb and i squeezed it and stopped my arm from going up because it probably would of came off my hand and the only muscle i use is when i get my hand under the ball at the bottom of the swing well that's all the muscle that i do use.

but will try some new things and look up on some new stuff and see what i can find on helping with this stuff and take your guys info and the info i find and use it at the bowling allie.

striker12
11-12-2012, 11:30 PM
The 1 constant thing I see you do is movement! In my opinion you have too much movement before you bowl and this may be throwing you off. Can you hold ball still for couple seconds before you bowl? I have a teammate who does this and as soon as he stopped moving the ball,the more consistant he was in the pocket. Also you seem like your rushing,try slowing your footwork a tad and keep arm striaght thru swing. Your armswing should be same regardless of what ball your using,unless your going coast-coast with 1 ball and down & in with another? I would also consider a brace for leg or ankle for more stability.

Zothen

yeah im trying to stop that sometimes i do sometimes i don't i mostly do it when i have not taking my piles cause i need at least some part of my body to move so i don't get a head ake next video i do i will make sure i don't get a head ake.

striker12
11-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Which shot did you want critiqued? Seriously, you know you're inconsistent now to find out why. What's up with the wrist turning on the back swing? All the movement before you bowl, you end up not really starting from the same spot each time body-wise. Doesn't look like you have much spine tilt either but that's hard to tell from the angle. Your steps are short and fast while the swing looked muscled at the top of the back swing which was too high in some shots. Balance arm and foot, get them where they belong. Your timing is a bit late.

yes ik a few of these but the muscling i dont do only muscle i use is when i get under the ball at the bottom of the swing my pinky finger is pulled in to my ring finger not tuked but i seem to get more revs and more controll with it this way then with my pinky out idk why but i will try to figure this out.

and about my steps being short im normaly abit farther back but at this bowling allie shorter is better cause the lanes are mested cause if u seen those are medium oiled lanes saposaly and i had a entry lvl ball hit a 5pin with pushing it out to the 5 board i think it was.

striker12
11-12-2012, 11:36 PM
but bill i have to ask you one thing from the older video from my old stlye of bowling video you seen witch way do you think is abit better this new bowling way or the old one.

billf
11-12-2012, 11:48 PM
but bill i have to ask you one thing from the older video from my old stlye of bowling video you seen witch way do you think is abit better this new bowling way or the old one.

Once tweaked i think you will be better off with this style over your old one. This one has a lot less jerky movements so you will end with more control eventually.

striker12
11-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Once tweaked i think you will be better off with this style over your old one. This one has a lot less jerky movements so you will end with more control eventually.

thanks bills im wondering on some of the things i need to work on you got any links that you can share with me for them but if you could share more then 1 soo i can read more and get more info into me and see if i can fix anything because i just spent some time on looking up stuff for balance and i could not find nothing at all all over google so then i wanted to look up a few things on about back swing and i could not find nothing that was good.

Tampabaybob
11-13-2012, 06:18 AM
Hey "bob" Why the Quotes around my name? LOL

Important people get " " quotes. That's a good thing. See, now you're important to at least one person in the world !! LOL

striker12
11-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Important people get " " quotes. That's a good thing. See, now you're important to at least one person in the world !! LOL

yay lockwood is important know he can give us all some free gifts lol

Big Nick
11-13-2012, 12:21 PM
I watched the video and I noticed that you don't have all the wrist and elbow movement when you were throwing at the 7 or 10 pin. I'd like to see you throw your strike ball the same way as you were throwing at the 10 pin.

striker12
11-13-2012, 02:35 PM
I watched the video and I noticed that you don't have all the wrist and elbow movement when you were throwing at the 7 or 10 pin. I'd like to see you throw your strike ball the same way as you were throwing at the 10 pin.

thing about that i flatten out my wrist doing my spare shots and i have tryed doing strike shots like that and cant get enough revs on the ball to make it move because i throw it fast that way.

Tampabaybob
11-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Take a look at this video : Analysis of the modern 10-Pin Bowling Swing and Release . It on the bowling video list 2nd page. This will give you an idea as to how the pros do it.

Bob

striker12
11-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Take a look at this video : Analysis of the modern 10-Pin Bowling Swing and Release . It on the bowling video list 2nd page. This will give you an idea as to how the pros do it.

Bob

thanks bob i will check it out tomorrow hope my internet is fully working im right know out front of tim hortons using there free wifi

striker12
11-14-2012, 01:46 PM
internet finally working know i can check out that thing you told me to look at bob

striker12
11-17-2012, 01:38 PM
alright guys this bowling way is here to stay for know im just going to adjust it abit so i dont do much of the bad things im doing untill i learn a new way to throw the ball better i trying on my backswing to have a nice smooth swing and i did i got under the ball not as much as i normally do but i was told on the top of my backswing my hand ends up dead under the ball.

75lockwood
11-17-2012, 03:05 PM

Aww, i'm touched! :D

striker12
11-18-2012, 08:05 PM
lockwood do you need some tisues