PDA

View Full Version : Lowest score in T of C history....

Hammer
11-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Watched PBA Tournament of Champions contest on Youtube in round 2 with Daugherty and Koivuniemi. Mika missed a perfect 300 by one pin on last ball. Daugherty probably wished he had that happen to him instead of what did happen to him. Mika was bowling straight down the boards where Daugherty was doing a coast to coast. He had some ugly splits with two pins on the left and three on the right. I think he had only 3 marks. He had a 59 in the 6th, 83 in the 8th and 92 in the 9th. To make matters worse he had a split in the 10th with two pins on the left and two on the right. He needed two pins to make a 100. Thank goodness he got two for a Tournament 100. When I saw him do that I thought to myself that I will try to never complain
about a lousy game that I bowl on league night again. Sure, I know these guys bowl on tough oil patterns and most of us league folks bowl on house oil patterns. But those guys bowl tons of games in tournaments and practice where someone like me bowl on a league that bowls every other Saturday and I haven't been practicing. I am seriously thinking of changing that though. When I was practicing twice a week with my bowling partner I would bowl all three games above 200 sometimes. Plus I had a few series over 600 in one season. I was anchor guy every year and ended up winning the game for our team when it came to the last frame. I remember once a guy on the team we were bowling against purposely said so I can hear it Stan has to get at least two strikes to win it for them. I knew what he was trying to do so my focus came in sharp and I thought to myself I'll show his a$$. I bowled three strikes in the tenth. The only other low pro game I saw on TV was Steve Jaros from Bolingbrook when he bowled a 126 I think. You would think with the experience they have with targeting and adjusting to lane conditions that something like that wouldn't happen. When Daugherty shot his 100 it seemed like he would not adjust and he kept his same target on his first shot of every frame. Sorry for dragging this story out so much. THE END.

75lockwood
11-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Watched PBA Tournament of Champions contest on Youtube in round 2 with Daugherty and Koivuniemi. Mika missed a perfect 300 by one pin on last ball. Daugherty probably wished he had that happen to him instead of what did happen to him. Mika was bowling straight down the boards where Daugherty was doing a coast to coast. He had some ugly splits with two pins on the left and three on the right. I think he had only 3 marks. He had a 59 in the 6th, 83 in the 8th and 92 in the 9th. To make matters worse he had a split in the 10th with two pins on the left and two on the right. He needed two pins to make a 100. Thank goodness he got two for a Tournament 100. When I saw him do that I thought to myself that I will try to never complain
about a lousy game that I bowl on league night again. Sure, I know these guys bowl on tough oil patterns and most of us league folks bowl on house oil patterns. But those guys bowl tons of games in tournaments and practice where someone like me bowl on a league that bowls every other Saturday and I haven't been practicing. I am seriously thinking of changing that though. When I was practicing twice a week with my bowling partner I would bowl all three games above 200 sometimes. Plus I had a few series over 600 in one season. I was anchor guy every year and ended up winning the game for our team when it came to the last frame. I remember once a guy on the team we were bowling against purposely said so I can hear it Stan has to get at least two strikes to win it for them. I knew what he was trying to do so my focus came in sharp and I thought to myself I'll show his a$$. I bowled three strikes in the tenth. The only other low pro game I saw on TV was Steve Jaros from Bolingbrook when he bowled a 126 I think. You would think with the experience they have with targeting and adjusting to lane conditions that something like that wouldn't happen. When Daugherty shot his 100 it seemed like he would not adjust and he kept his same target on his first shot of every frame. Sorry for dragging this story out so much. THE END.

Link please?

Hammer
11-12-2012, 09:03 PM
http://youtu.be/YfRcC63IbOM I think I did this right in case you want to se it. It was round two.

75lockwood
11-12-2012, 09:33 PM
o you know what, i did watch this a while back, that messenger was such a troll....

Rdmonster
11-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Gonna watch that

kmf
11-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Just goes to show that sometimes we are our own worse enemy and even pros are human after all.

Ball99999
11-12-2012, 10:54 PM

Yeah I thought this was pretty funny.
No doubt daugherty is a great bowler to get that far but for god's sakes if you are that behind just start throwing a straight game.. quite trying to be all super arm.
But yeah it seems like he has no clue how to adjust from one single type of shot.

MisterSinister
11-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Oh the pain. I loved the fact that a two finger bowler made TV. I was pumped that he qualified second. I was pissed when he threw the lowest score in TV history. Someone should have told him that you are allowed to try a different ball. He was the great hope for two fingers. Our greatest hope, turned out to be our biggest failure.

75lockwood
11-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Oh the pain. I loved the fact that a two finger bowler made TV. I was pumped that he qualified second. I was pissed when he threw the lowest score in TV history. Someone should have told him that you are allowed to try a different ball. He was the great hope for two fingers. Our greatest hope, turned out to be our biggest failure.

Leave the poor guy alone, we all have our bad days, i'm sure you've bowled a sub 100 before :p

MisterSinister
11-13-2012, 01:02 PM
My bad if I made it sound like I was ripping on TD. I am a fan of his, and I hope he can make it back to TV some day and avenge his miserable effort. No doubt we all have bad nights, bad games, just sucks when that bad game is historic, and on tv. He is a very good bowler, and he finished 8th in the same event the next year. I like all the amateur advice everyone gives to him. A guy who averaged 210 over 72 games on a tough oil pattern, and out qualified hall of takers, players of the year, and living legends, and some dude on a message board with a 150 average tells him he should throw the ball straight. Idiots on YouTube commenting saying he should have put his thumb in the ball when he started struggling. Did anyone tell Steve Jaros to take his thumb out, and hook it more when he had a historically low game? Of course not, cause that's not what he does. Same thing with TD, he was doing what he is good at. Did he make the right adjustments, of course not. It's real easy to sit here and say he should have done this, or done that, but he was there and you weren't. You don't know how fatigued he was grom bowling 72 games. You don't know the pressures of bowling on tv for the first time, and representing a style of bowling that has many harsh critics. My jab about ball change was a joke. In fact, I heard that he did change balls. He also said in watmups his ball

MisterSinister
11-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Sorry I got cuttoff during my last post. He said his ball was reacting great in warmups, and he never saw that coming. Someone should try telling Josh Blanchard to take his thumb out of the ball, this way it doesn't get stuck, and he doesnt fall down on the lane on National television. Maybe next time Chris Barnes is choking, he can try two handed to save his game. Just silly.

Gmjmma
11-13-2012, 01:41 PM
I actually built the set for that tournament in vegas and was standing next to them behind the left side cameras. He never changed balls even though the comment ws made to him to do so during a commercial break I think he was just happy to be there and knew he wasnt gonna beat Mika considering Mika was coming off of a 300 game just before that one

AZBowla
11-13-2012, 02:09 PM
That was a great game to watch and Mika's reaction at missing the 300 was just as classic as Daugherty's celebratory reaction to shooting a 100.

If I ever got good enough to make the cut for a PBA match and I choked on TV, I'd yell "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" as I rolled the last ball. After all, if you make the cut to appear on TV you're taking home a decent check, even if you completely choke in the first match. It wouldn't matter how badly I sucked - I'd be thrilled just to be there.

maximumslinky
11-13-2012, 03:20 PM
i just like the fact that he had a pretty good attitude about it. i would like to think i would react the same way but i think everyone who knows me knows that i would be a little more grumpy.

Gmjmma
11-13-2012, 04:39 PM
I think any of us would be happy bowling a 100 making 50k