PDA

View Full Version : Defiant Edge

mikelj1a
11-13-2012, 09:53 PM
The Defiant Edge with its peralized coverstock is a nice companion ball to the Defiant. I like this ball for the 39-foot house pattern I play on in league. I find with the pearl cover this ball goes 2-3 feet long through the heads then make a stronger more dramatic angle to the pocket. Having this extra continuous hooking power and motion on the back end allows me to play 4-5 boards deeper and open up the area. The Defiant Edge still had a nice predictable motion down the lane. In league play I am averaging 216 with this ball. The 1500 polished finish gives me the skid flip motion that I like on a house shot..
To achieve this reaction, I had my ball drilled with the pin below the fingers with the mass bias in the strong position. I added a weight hole as well.
As the night goes on and the Defiant begins to become more aggressive, I can move in and go deeper or switch to the Shooting Star.
For a speed dominate low rev player, this is a nice one to have in your arsenal and another great ball from Roto Grip and.

Mike Johnston
Roto Grip Staff

krh38
11-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Havent had it to long but I like the ball so far. It has worked well out on the lanes for college bowling and league. I have been able to use it on fresh but playing an inside line. Looks good on short and medium patterns.

UBowling
11-15-2012, 04:50 PM
I would love to have this ball, the Defiant is my favorite of all time.

s_agan
11-16-2012, 04:08 PM
It is a great ball with a lot of length. It gets down the lane and has aggressive back. Very happy with this ball. It is my go to ball

cmalloy88
11-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Great ball for late in the day on a sport shot. Drilled pin down for smooth arc into the pocket

ElizabethK
11-17-2012, 12:42 AM
I have had this ball for about a month now and it seems like a nice go to ball.
I have thrown it on all kinds of sport conditions and the ball seems to hook on just about anything. I works very well on short and medium patterns and with the right adjustments can even work well on long patterens

TreeMarie55
11-17-2012, 01:03 AM
I have had my defiant edge for about a month and I love it. I like the way it rolls into the pocket and the way it reacts with each sport shot I have thrown it on. The defiant edge is my go to ball, and I am glad I have it.