PDA

View Full Version : Returning After a 3 Year Break

Blackout
11-15-2012, 02:41 AM
Well I've only been bowling for a few weeks since I started again. The last time I played was late High School.... I used to be pretty decent, haha. I started when I was 7 years old, and I'm 21 now.

I'd like some criticism regarding anything and everything about my release. I didn't film my entire approach, since my focus was the release today. I'm also bowling with a new ball, drilled a couple days ago. It's a Track 912T, 15 pounds. I feel my release isn't what it should be, and my slide is also mistimed.....am I correct in those observations?

I calculated my rev rate, and I think it's around 280rpm, does that seem right? My ball speed is also calculated around 15-16 mph. Please forgive the bad spare shots.... when I miss them, I REALLY miss them. Embarrassing to say the least.

There are two parts to the video, 6 games total. Part 2 in the beginning is where I finally find a 'zone', though it doesn't last too long. My average for these 6 games was 183.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_B3ED0g5GA
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZVMsK20H6g

-Sean

noeymc
11-15-2012, 03:03 AM
first thing everyone's going to say is keep your back leg down =P ill get that out the way now also looks like your short arming it every now and then looking good tho

got_a_300
11-15-2012, 11:31 AM
As noeymc has already said and something that I noticed
right off the bat is to try and keep that trailing leg (right
leg) planted on the floor firmly behind you. It is throwing
you off balance and causing you to rare up at the foul line
and causing you to pull the ball a little inside of your target.

Another thing I noticed is when you are shooting at single pin
spares it looks like you are trying to hook the ball somewhat at
the spares especially the 10 pin. I used to have a bad habit of
doing the same thing until I learned quite a few years ago to stay
completely behind the ball and flatten it out and go straight cross
lane at all my single pin spares.

Not a big deal but I also noticed that you're like me and you do not
have a lot of slide at the foul line more or less a plant the left foot
and throw type of bowler like I am now days after my back injury.
I used to have a great slide to the foul line but had to give it up but
if you can work on getting a better slide that will help you a lot.

75lockwood
11-15-2012, 11:42 AM
The above is all correct, i would also like to add that you could try bending your knee's more to get lower, at present it looks like you are dropping the ball. not a big deal, but somthing you could try :D

also, Welcome to the boards!

Blackout
11-15-2012, 03:52 PM
thanks for all of the great tips! Ill see if I can make it to the lanes today to practice all of that. Thanks!

billf
11-15-2012, 09:09 PM
You're turning too early. so early it's causing you to come off the side of the ball. Stay behind it longer and if you can, further under it.