PDA

View Full Version : How do I ....... (RANT)

bowl1820
11-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Hi I'm Driver X and I'm just learning how to drive a car and just got a High performance super machine. How do I power slide? and when do I switch on the nitrous system? I saw the pros on tv drift racing how do I do that? does it make a difference what tires you use?

Darn this is BOWLING forum Okay then let's change that:

Hi I'm Bowler M I've been bowling 2 weeks and Just got a my first finger tip ball. How do I put a ton of rev's on the ball? My ball is a heavy oil ball will it work on a dry lane? I saw the pros on tv playing 5 arrow, with their pinky tucked and a Sarge Easter grip, should I do this or does it matter? If my towel gets dirty should I wash it?

I saw a pro make a lot of strikes with his fly down, does that help? is it the extra breeze keeping him cool that helps him strike? I'd be embarrassed doing it, but I might try it if it helps? Do any of you bowl with your fly down or is it just the pros?

75lockwood
11-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Wait.... what are we talking about?

AZBowla
11-15-2012, 10:52 AM
I saw a pro make a lot of strikes with his fly down, does that help? is it the extra breeze keeping him cool that helps him strike? I'd be embarrassed doing it, but I might try it if it helps? Do any of you bowl with your fly down or is it just the pros?

So THAT'S how Belmo does it.....

In all seriousness, when you're in a forum that gives away a free bowling ball each week and each post is an entry well....this sort of thing is somewhat expected.

So, getting back on topic, about the pro's - I watched Rash bowl a strike with his shoe untied.... :D

noeymc
11-15-2012, 11:03 AM
wow if i am doing that sorry please just take me out the drawing if i fall in that category i feel bad that i won a ball already :(

maximumslinky
11-15-2012, 11:07 AM
joke all you want. the fly thing totally works

75lockwood
11-15-2012, 11:10 AM
wow if i am doing that sorry please just take me out the drawing if i fall in that category i feel bad that i won a ball already :(

LOL, then send me the ball :D

joke all you want. the fly thing totally works

Ikr! the pins see that and fall over just to get away from you!

MisterSinister
11-15-2012, 12:52 PM
You know what's funny, I was going to post something very very similar to this, but I didn't because I thought that Bowl1820, or anothe mod may take it down. Guess I was wrong.

75lockwood
11-15-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm still confused as to whats going on 0_0

noeymc
11-15-2012, 01:03 PM
75 pm address and u gotta pay shipping :)

MisterSinister
11-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Hi I'm Driver X and I'm just learning how to drive a car and just got a High performance super machine. How do I power slide? and when do I switch on the nitrous system? I saw the pros on tv drift racing how do I do that? does it make a difference what tires you use?

Darn this is BOWLING forum Okay then let's change that:

Hi I'm Bowler M I've been bowling 2 weeks and Just got a my first finger tip ball. How do I put a ton of rev's on the ball? My ball is a heavy oil ball will it work on a dry lane? I saw the pros on tv playing 5 arrow, with their pinky tucked and a Sarge Easter grip, should I do this or does it matter? If my towel gets dirty should I wash it?

You forgot to add, "what's the best wrist brace, and how much do they help."

75lockwood
11-15-2012, 01:14 PM

You forgot to add, "what's the best wrist brace, and how much do they help."

ooo i just got it... LOL

MisterSinister
11-15-2012, 01:17 PM
ooo i just got it... LOL

That's all right, it took me a while to get the fact that KMF was Bills daughter. I had to read the first 3 or 4 posts of that thread a few times before the light bulb went on.

75lockwood
11-15-2012, 01:20 PM

That's all right, it took me a while to get the fact that KMF was Bills daughter. I had to read the first 3 or 4 posts of that thread a few times before the light bulb went on.

Don't you mean your daughter? LOL

MisterSinister
11-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Don't you mean your daughter? LOL

Lol, I didn't want to bring that up because I hope we can all get past that nonsense, but yes my daughter as I am Billf... ...apparently.

panbanger
11-15-2012, 01:55 PM
As the ball strikes the pins I like to yell out "BOOYAH" does this help? If no, is there another word that would help more? I'm toying with the idea of going with "Boom shaka laka" or maybe "Shazaam".

The insides of my bowling shoes have begun to smell like rotten eggs. Anybody else get this problem? I use TacUp on my ball, is there a spray like "Egg-Smell-Be-Gone" or something I can get for my shoes?

Sometimes after I bowl a few games I cant feel my thumb. I lightly tap other people on the forehead with my thumb to see if they also can't feel my thumb or if it's just me. Yep, it's just me. Any suggestions? Also I'm a right handed bowler but it's the thum on my left hand that gives me problems.

Sometimes I wear a football helmet to league to psyche out the other team. That's a free tip right there. You're welcome.

75lockwood
11-15-2012, 02:03 PM
As the ball strikes the pins I like to yell out "BOOYAH" does this help? If no, is there another word that would help more? I'm toying with the idea of going with "Boom shaka laka" or maybe "Shazaam".

Steeeeeeeeeerike! works the best of course!

The insides of my bowling shoes have begun to smell like rotten eggs. Anybody else get this problem? I use TacUp on my ball, is there a spray like "Egg-Smell-Be-Gone" or something I can get for my shoes?

well, getting a storm ball might help, keep the shoes in your bag next to the ball and they will smell great!

Sometimes after I bowl a few games I cant feel my thumb. I lightly tap other people on the forehead with my thumb to see if they also can't feel my thumb or if it's just me. Yep, it's just me. Any suggestions? Also I'm a right handed bowler but it's the thum on my left hand that gives me problems.

LOL

Sometimes I wear a football helmet to league to psyche out the other team. That's a free tip right there. You're welcome.

Thanks! i shall be trying this :cool:

AZBowla
11-15-2012, 02:06 PM
I still say bowling in sunglasses is the key to a great game. One day I'll be able to prove this theory.

75lockwood
11-15-2012, 02:08 PM
I still say bowling in sunglasses is the key to a great game. One day I'll be able to prove this theory.

There is no game, only strikes

AZBowla
11-15-2012, 02:11 PM
There is no game, only strikes

I sense a great deal of sarcasm in you, young padawan.....

noeymc
11-15-2012, 02:25 PM
there are no strikes only you

panbanger
11-15-2012, 02:35 PM

I'm going to try this! Couple questions though:

1. Do I throw them like I throw the bowling ball, or can I throw them overhand like a baseball?
2. Do they get stuck in the ball return?
3. Wouldn't it make more sense if the pins were wearing the sunglasses? It would make them seem smug and I would want to knock them down even more.

AZBowla
11-15-2012, 02:42 PM

1. Do I throw them like I throw the bowling ball, or can I throw them overhand like a baseball?
3. Wouldn't it make more sense if the pins were wearing the sunglasses? It would make them seem smug and I would want to knock them down even more.

No, no, no. You WEAR the sunglasses. That way when you pull out a BB gun and shoot the 7 and 10 pins to convert a 7/10 split, they won't be able to recognize you in the surveillance video.

You're welcome.

75lockwood
11-15-2012, 02:44 PM

Panbanger, you good sir are awesome

scottymoney
11-15-2012, 02:53 PM
How about the question.
How do I tie my shoes? Do I use the bunny ear method?

Right before left or left before right?
;)

75lockwood
11-15-2012, 02:56 PM
How about the question.

;)

ok,

step 1: pick up the shoe by the laces
step 2: swing it around in really fast
step 3: let go launching the shoe straight up
step 4: stick your foot out, if the shoe lands on your foot it will be tied, if not try again

AZBowla
11-15-2012, 03:05 PM
How about the question.

;)

I leave mine untied with the laces removed like Run DMC. Doesn't do a thing for my game but with the sunglasses and the shoes, I look cool. All I need is a hat and some bling, yo.

Demoman
11-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Do any bowling companies make custom balls? I want a Obama spare ball

UBowling
11-15-2012, 03:48 PM
I saw a pro not let go of the ball and fly down the lane once.

scottymoney
11-15-2012, 03:50 PM

Mike Machuga? The Machuga flop? it is his signature move, he did it on a televised event once for his last ball in the match he won.

AZBowla
11-15-2012, 03:54 PM

I should try this! Did he get a strike? Would I get a strike if I did that? What type of trajectory should I go for, is it more of a slide into home plate type of leap, or is a bellyflop into the pool trajectory more effective?? Curious to hear from others who have tried this and how it worked for them.

:D

bowl1820
11-15-2012, 03:54 PM
How about the question.

;)

I was going ask if how you tie your shoes affects your slide? But I already seen the answer "It does"!

From Susie Minshew.:
Bowling Tip #10

You won't believe this tip but it works for a lot of different folks. If you're not sliding as much as you'd like and you are sure it's not the approaches or your shoes that are the problem, tighten the entire lace on your sliding shoe. If you're sliding too much, loosen it!

GeoLes
11-15-2012, 04:15 PM
How about those bowling shirts? How come you gotta look like Charlie Sheen to be taken seriously on the lanes?

AZBowla
11-15-2012, 04:34 PM
I was going ask if how you tie your shoes affects your slide? But I already seen the answer "It does"!

From Susie Minshew.:
Bowling Tip #10

You won't believe this tip but it works for a lot of different folks. If you're not sliding as much as you'd like and you are sure it's not the approaches or your shoes that are the problem, tighten the entire lace on your sliding shoe. If you're sliding too much, loosen it!

She's right. I don't believe it. ;)

In all seriousness, this makes sense. I have my shoes laced and tied loosely so that I can slip them on and off, which, according to the above anyway, explains why I don't really have a slide when I bowl. I'll try this tip tomorrow and see if that helps me get it back.

Getting back on topic, I heard that Chuck Norris bowls strikes just by staring the pins down until they submit. Anyone ever try that?

MisterSinister
11-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Here's my favorite: "I say this guy on TV, he finished 3rd in the tournament, made thousands of dollars in one day, more than I will ever make in my entire life of bowling, but I think he sucks. He should have used a differnt line, or switched balls. His form is terrible, he should try to bowl like this guy, or that guy." I actually saw on Walter Rays web site someone telling him that his form is incorrect, and he is going to hurt himself. What? You mean the most succesfull bowler in the history of the planet is doing it wrong. What would have happened if he did it right? He would have never lost I guess.

75lockwood
11-15-2012, 05:36 PM
I heard that Chuck Norris bowls strikes just by staring the pins down until they submit. Anyone ever try that?

chuck Norris doesn't need to look at the pins, when he walks into a bowling alley all the pins on every lane fall.

Chuck Norris has a 301 bowling average

kmf
11-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Getting back on topic, I heard that Chuck Norris bowls strikes just by staring the pins down until they submit. Anyone ever try that?

I saw my dad do this in a tournament. The 9 pin was standing but wobbling slightly. He stared at the pin for what seemed like 10 seconds. It fell. He turned around, looked at his opponent and said "Even the pins are afraid and you should be too" the guy didn't get a mark the next three frames.
I also saw him make a spare where I swear I was daylight between the ball and pin. It was 32.7 mph so maybe the vibration shook it over. That's still the fastest I've seen someone accurately throw a ball.

On topic: the pro wipe their ball before every throw. It cuts down on oil absorbtion, I know, but does it really matter?

I know I fall to the ball side at the line but I have great balance.

AZBowla
11-15-2012, 10:21 PM
I know I fall to the ball side at the line but I have great balance.

Me too! I don't see how it's really that important anyway, I see pro's fall down all the time and they still get strikes so I don't think this is important.

JaMau24
11-16-2012, 12:38 AM
I've got a couple questions myself...

1. Does the scent of a bowling ball make the pins fall down easier?
2. How do I get my ball drilled for "maximum pin action"? (True story, someone asked my pro shop buddy "Will you drill this for maximum pin action?")
3. Is it true that every ball is "the best ball ever!"?
4. Is it OK if I dump baby powder all over the floor and approach so I can slide more? (Had to throw that in there. Tonight at league, this lady had baby powder all over the place, I was pissed!)
5. Why does them pros suck so bad all the time!? I mean, 210s? 170s-190s?! I can beat that! (Notice the poor grammar :D)

Brother_jd
11-16-2012, 03:38 AM
What the crap did i just read?

75lockwood
11-16-2012, 11:59 AM
I've got a couple questions myself...

1. Does the scent of a bowling ball make the pins fall down easier?
2. How do I get my ball drilled for "maximum pin action"? (True story, someone asked my pro shop buddy "Will you drill this for maximum pin action?")
3. Is it true that every ball is "the best ball ever!"?
4. Is it OK if I dump baby powder all over the floor and approach so I can slide more? (Had to throw that in there. Tonight at league, this lady had baby powder all over the place, I was pissed!)
5. Why does them pros suck so bad all the time!? I mean, 210s? 170s-190s?! I can beat that! (Notice the poor grammar :D)

Nice lol

What the crap did i just read?

well good sir, it is rather complicated, perhaps reading it a few more times would help LOL

noeymc
11-16-2012, 12:49 PM
you didnt read anything what is this reading your talking about

here's one if i want a strike all i need to do is get a ton of revs on the ball and they all will go down no matter right id there not going down maybe i didnt get enough revs?

75lockwood
11-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Here's another one:

To be the best i need more balls then everyone else right? i need a ball every single oil pattern out there! if i don't get 300 every time i need another new ball!

noeymc
11-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Here's another one:

To be the best i need more balls then everyone else right? i need a ball every single oil pattern out there! if i don't get 300 every time i need another new ball!

finaly someone who knoes what there talking about lol