PDA

View Full Version : Need to a find a good pro shop in SouthEast Pennsylvania...

kx90
11-15-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm in Lower Bucks County PA, just north of Philthadelphia. I would like to find a place that is within a few minutes or so drive, I would prefer to stay out of Philly.

I know there are plenty of places around here but, I can't seem to find one that has regular hours after I get home from work. I'm more than likely going to buy my new ball online but I will need to have it drilled somewhere local. I was thinking of going to a few of the places that I used to back in the day but, I've been told I should definitely find somewhere else that may understand that a ball can be drilled in varying ways for different effects instead of just drilling a few holes and that's it.

If anyone knows of a good place around me I'd appreciate it if you can let me know where.

Thanks! :)

The German Shepherd
11-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Are you anywhere near Easton, PA? I go to an excellent guy there...

Jay

kx90
11-15-2012, 11:53 AM
That's probably about an hour and a half ride to get to Easton. That's a bit far.

The German Shepherd
11-15-2012, 12:17 PM
I have a cousin named Augie Quattrini who runs the Pro Shop at the Rose Bowl in Allentown. I know he can hook you up...

Jay

kx90
11-17-2012, 01:14 AM
I appreciate that :) but for now I would like to try and find someone/someplace local first so that if any issues arise I can be there within in minutes.

chrono00
01-04-2013, 12:48 PM
I appreciate that :) but for now I would like to try and find someone/someplace local first so that if any issues arise I can be there within in minutes.

I think there's a spot in blue bell that's got a good reputation. A guy I know goes there to get his stuff done. And we live in the south Philly area. Can't remember the name though

billf
01-04-2013, 10:00 PM
If only you were closer to Bethlehem, then you could have the www.bowlerx.com pro shop hook you up.

kx90
01-06-2013, 12:50 PM
If only you were closer to Bethlehem, then you could have the www.bowlerx.com pro shop hook you up.

Yeah that is a 1.50 to 2 hour drive for me, but I have it bookmarked, thanks. :)

SmilingBowler
02-14-2013, 04:02 AM
Gus and the boys at The Strike Zone Pro Shop in Thunderbird Lanes, Willow Grove (1130 York Rd. Willow Grove, PA 19090) have drilled every single one of my bowling balls the last 14 years. They offer free drilling when you buy the ball from them and feature a wide selection of ball manufacturers (Ebonite, Hammer, Track, Columbia, DV8 and more).

They are there weekdays during league play 6-11PM and on Saturday afternoons.
Feel free to message me here if you have any questions.
I'm at TBird every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday (unless I pre-bowl).