PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sick of this Tim Tebow garbage.

MisterSinister
11-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Enough already! I am a Jets fan, I didn't want him, I don't want to see him on the field, not even for a few plays, and I am so sick of listening to people talk about him. Jets fans even, saying put him in, how bad could it be? As bad as it is now, Tebow would make it worse. What does Tebow do well? Leads 4th quater comebacks. When they're down by 21 in the 4th, how will Tebow do then? He sucks, he's a QB who can't throw the football. Hello!!! That's like having a kicker who can't kick the football. Hey we got this great new pitcher, only problem is he can't throw the ball to the catcher. So sick of it. Look at his stats from last year, they were terrible. Look at the games they won with him. They needed a onside kick to beat the Dolphins. He compleated 2 passes vs KC. 2!!! He needed 2 Marion Barber mental mistakes, and 2 50 yard plus field goals by his kicker. Against the Jets, he was terrible for 58 minutes. The only reason he was even able to come back was because they had scored a defensive TD earlier in the game. He lost the 3 games of the season, and backed into the playoffs because Oakland sucks, and did the same thing. Yeah he had a great game against the Steelers, he hit guys who were wide open by 20 yards and actualy caught the ball. Then in OT he threw the ball 3 yards, and the reciever did the rest. Anyone remember the next week, when the bad Pats D destroyed him? He sucks! I have no doubt he will play, we are all sick of Sanchez's silly mistakes, and inconsistancy, and they are out of the playoff race.Then we will all see how terrible he is, and the laughing stock that is my team, will get even funnier.

The German Shepherd
11-16-2012, 09:26 AM
You think your team has problem??? I am an Eagles fan....

Jay

MisterSinister
11-16-2012, 11:01 AM
I would rather be an Eagles fan right now. You know your QB stinks, and will be gone soon. You know your coach has worn out his welcome, and is gone soon. You know rebuilding is coming, and so does the team. My team is convinced they are still a good team, and the coach can get the job done (he can't) and we have no idea what we have at QB, cause no one has ever coached him. I am not a fan of this coach, never have been. I'm not a fan of the GM. They should have never gotten rid of Mangini, he did nothing wrong. They forced Farve on him, and the team went down when he got hurt. They drafted better with Mangini (aside from the bust that was Gohlston) they were much more classy, and it wasn't as much of a circus. This coach, and the circus around him makes me sick, and embarrassed to be a Jets fan.

75lockwood
11-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Bah! atleast your team's are playing! being a hockey fan sucks! lol

MisterSinister
11-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Well, don't get me started on that. I am a huge Rangers fan. Get on the ice already, I was to see Rick Nash is a blueshirt!

75lockwood
11-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Well, don't get me started on that. I am a huge Rangers fan. Get on the ice already, I was to see Rick Nash is a blueshirt!

:D Nash is awesome, but being in the greater toronto area, i have to root for the leafs (i root for others when there not playing) lol

kev3inp
11-16-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm a Bear fan and hate Cutler. All the Bears EVER have, really, is a good running back and a good middle linebacker. It seems they don't really care about the rest. And, go Blackhawks! My favorite quote is from Bobby Hull. He said, "My wife made me a millionaire. I used to have 9 million." LOL!

MisterSinister
11-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Cutler is a pain, but it's better than having Teblow around. At this point, I want to see Sanchez traded, so he can go somewhere with a real coach and be a good QB. Oh how I long for the days of Chad Pennington. He didn't have a good arm, but he is the NFL's all time leader in completion percentage.

kmf
11-16-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm a Pats fan. Guess all I have to complain about lately is the no-name running game and a sorry defense. Being a Pats fan isn't my fault. Being from Brockton, MA and my dad having worked across the street from Foxborough stadium, he got to meet a ton of players and was/is good friends with Tedy Bruschi, Ted Johnson and Damien Woody. He got into an argument once organizing a fundraiser with his employer and the Pats with wide receiver Charles Johnson. He told Johnson he was too weak, slow and unathletic to be a pro. Towards the end Johnson challenged dad to a race and the challenge was accepted. Just before it was to take place he and the team parted ways.

I like Mangini and dislike with a passion, one Rex Ryan. He thinks he is bigger than the game. Even at his fattest he wasn't even close. Dad thinks he just tries to keep the attention off the players so they can focus. Rex, it isn't working.

Brother_jd
11-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Tebow sucks.

JaMau24
11-16-2012, 09:41 PM
You think your team has problem??? I am an Eagles fan....

Jay

You think YOUR team has problems??? I'm a Chiefs fan.... (I win! lol)

JaMau24
11-16-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm sorry, but Tebow is better than Sanchez. You mentioned him being a quarterback and not being able to throw the ball (accurately). Reminds me of someone... hmm... Oh yeah, SANCHEZ! He can't throw worth a damn either. You know what sets the two apart? Their running ability and leadership. Tebow is on a whole other planet than Sanchez on those two things. Am I big Tebow fan? No. That being said, I'd definitely take him over Sanchez at this point, especially since the team is horrible with Sanchez. Hello! McFLY!? Switch it up already! Clearly Sanchez can't get it done, and never will. So why not go to a guy who has actually won (some how, some way!) then keep trotting out that bum Sanchez. It's true, it can't get any worse, and if it stays the same, then what does it matter? At least they tried something different.

We have Matt Cassel here in KC, and I would without a doubt, take Tebow over him.

Anyone wanting Tebow over someone else should really say just how bad Sanchez and Cassel are.

MICHAEL
11-16-2012, 09:57 PM
I am going to have to send this thread over to general Sports Talk LOL! Te-Bow ok in college, but not the stuff that is needed in the NFL! Look at the 1/4 backs of Greenbay, and The Colts this year! What do both teams have in common,,, (forgot the Saints) GREAT PASSING 1/4 Backs!! What does Kansas City have, A 1/4 back that would not make my high school team!!! A Team in the NFL, to win has to have a great defense, and a top rated Passer!

MisterSinister
11-17-2012, 09:03 AM
If you watch the way they throw the ball, Sanchez throws it 10 times better. Is Sanchez accurate, umm nope, but he is still more accurate than Tebow. Plus, I've seen Sanchez when he gets hot, and he makes throws Tebow can only dream of. I have seen him squeeze throws in between two defenders and hit his guy between the numbers. He has zip on his throws, and gets the ball out fast. Tebow lobs everything, and takes forever. If Sanchez was a straight up terrible QB, I wouldn't care either way. It's frustrating watching Sanchez. He looks great on a drive, then he looks bad for two drives. He doesn't get any help either. His receivers can't catch, his coaches can't coach, and it's hard to thorw passes from the bottom of a pile after the O line lets the entire defence through. Tebow does one thing well, he runs well for a QB. To put him in, you would have to run an offence that had NEVER worked in the NFL. You would have to scrap the entire playbook, and teach every single player on the Offence new plays, and technics. You have to be able to run the ball to make Tebow work, and they can't run the ball at all right now. No one who knows anything about football would say just put Tebow in and let him throw it 30 times a game. That's straight suicide.

martinezsam2495
11-17-2012, 11:12 AM
You think your team has a problem?
I'm a 49ers fan,
oh wait
#winning haha
That was a bs tie though

J Anderson
11-18-2012, 07:13 PM
He doesn't get any help either. His receivers can't catch, his coaches can't coach, and it's hard to thorw passes from the bottom of a pile after the O line lets the entire defence through.

Disclaimer: with the exception of bowling I'm not a fan of pro sports, and my only info on them is from other peoples conversations and the games that are on at the bowling alley.

Football is a team sport. You could give the Jets the best QB in the AFC and the best defensive player in the AFC and they still wouldn't be a championship team. A single superstar might be good for the box office, the I'll take a team that knows how to play well as a team over the team with a superstar any day.

Brother_jd
11-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Go Cowboys!

MisterSinister
11-19-2012, 08:18 PM
You could give the Jets the best defensive player in the AFC and they still wouldn't be a championship team.

Yep, we got that already. His name is Darell Revis, and they aren't a championship team with him. They never will be a championship team with this coach, this GM, and probably this owner.

ArtVandelay
12-02-2012, 07:37 PM
As a Patriots fan, I enjoy the current state of the Jets. Maybe Rex would like to kiss those rings, after all? Ya know, if he had ever learned to just shut his big yapper they wouldn't have half the problems they have! Also, you have a team of loud mouths. Too many "leaders," who only know how to lead into more controversy by always talking, talking, talking.

Back in 2004, the Red Sox became the anti-yankees. We had Jesus in center field with his beard and hair. The beards and hair that year were simply because the yankees aren't ALLOWED to do that. Well, I think the Jets are trying to be the anti-Pats. The Pats never really talk, don't say much, everything's generic, and I'm not sure anyone really knows what's going on with the team outside of BB. The Jets, on the other hand, spend all their time running their mouths, saying whatever they want, and their coach supports it. It's called bulletin board material.

The two most powerful things in sports:
-It's us against the world
and
-Nobody believes in us

The Jets have a GREAT opportunity to play either one of those cards, but instead they say stupid things all the time, and other teams use it to their advantage.

I love it! Rex deserves to fail, and I'm glad he's failing.

billf
12-02-2012, 11:00 PM
As a Patriots fan, I enjoy the current state of the Jets. Maybe Rex would like to kiss those rings, after all? Ya know, if he had ever learned to just shut his big yapper they wouldn't have half the problems they have! Also, you have a team of loud mouths. Too many "leaders," who only know how to lead into more controversy by always talking, talking, talking.

Back in 2004, the Red Sox became the anti-yankees. We had Jesus in center field with his beard and hair. The beards and hair that year were simply because the yankees aren't ALLOWED to do that. Well, I think the Jets are trying to be the anti-Pats. The Pats never really talk, don't say much, everything's generic, and I'm not sure anyone really knows what's going on with the team outside of BB. The Jets, on the other hand, spend all their time running their mouths, saying whatever they want, and their coach supports it. It's called bulletin board material.

The two most powerful things in sports:
-It's us against the world
and
-Nobody believes in us

The Jets have a GREAT opportunity to play either one of those cards, but instead they say stupid things all the time, and other teams use it to their advantage.

I love it! Rex deserves to fail, and I'm glad he's failing.

Are you sure you're near Dallas, Texas and not Bourne, Brockton, Glolucester, Roxbury, Mattapan or Worcester? I was raised in Brockton. Home of Rocky Marciano and Marvin Hagler. City of Champions!

noeymc
12-02-2012, 11:52 PM
i am a browns fan i beat u all when it comes to problems

Cuda K5
12-03-2012, 10:04 AM
I am a packers fan before anything and i would trade Rodgers for anyone, but my second favorite team is the Cardinals. I REALLY wish we would have went and got Tebow durring the off season. He fits the team perfect. do you know what the team really misses with Kurt Warner being gone? his skill? great passing? Hell no it was God on our side! LOL

on a more serious note, I would rather have Tebow in than Sanchez. Tebow is a good, hard working kid who can lead a bad team to win games with little to know passing skills. Sanchez is a whiney bi**h. I think the Broncos should have kept Tebow to learn behind Peyton, I think he could have an NFL career with some lessons from a future hall of fame QB

Brother_jd
12-03-2012, 05:43 PM
i am a browns fan i beat u all when it comes to problems

I took them to the super bowl the other day!

ArtVandelay
12-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Are you sure you're near Dallas, Texas and not Bourne, Brockton, Glolucester, Roxbury, Mattapan or Worcester? I was raised in Brockton. Home of Rocky Marciano and Marvin Hagler. City of Champions!

hahahaha. Yeah, I'm sure! I'm a NE native though. I was actually born in NJ, any my Dads side of the family is all NY/NJ, but he went to Bentley College in Boston, married my mom who is MA all the way, and we split the difference and lived in CT. My Grandfather made sure I rooted for the right teams! hahahaha. I have far too many memories with those teams to change them for any reason. Only team that was god back then were the Celtics but they fixed that as fast as they could!

I took them to the super bowl the other day!

This post wins.

MisterSinister
12-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Can I re name this thread? I'm so sick of this Tim Tebow, and Mark Sanchez garbage. Throw Greg Mcleroy in there for good mesure. I have never, in all my years of watching football, seen a player get way, way worse after only 4 years in the league. The whole offence stinks, but Sanchez has reached a new level of suck. Tebow is no better. Did you see the one series he had? So what's the answer, Greg Mcleroy? Ehhhh, no. They can't bring in a free agent QB. First, they have a ton of money tied up in Suckchez. Second, who the hell is even available? No one. Thrid, who in thier right mind would want to come to this team? They are very very poorly coached, they have no weapons, and they have shown that they have o idea how to handle a QB. When we talk about Sanchez, we say "is he playing better or worse than he was just 2 years ago." I ask anyone who pays attention. Who on this team is playing better than 2 yeard ago? Find me one player. Hell, find me more than 2 or 3 who are even playing as well as 2 years ago. Keller, Green, Fergerson, Mangold, all playing worse. Harris, Pace, Scott, all worse. What does that say. To me that screams... ...BAD COACHING!!! Sad part, Rex is in no danger of being fired, and 90% of the Jets fans are brainwashed into beleiving he is a good coach, and don't want him fired. Oh well, looks like next year is a lost season, and the season after will be year one with a new coach, so that's a rebuilding season. J-O-K-E joke joke joke.

Cuda K5
12-18-2012, 11:42 AM
the cardinals have a whole arsenal of horrible QBs you can add to your arsenal!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

still rather have Tebow. The Cardinals have a team built to work well with him

MisterSinister
12-18-2012, 08:27 PM
the cardinals have a whole arsenal of horrible QBs you can add to your arsenal!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

still rather have Tebow. The Cardinals have a team built to work well with him

Ok, we'll trade you Tebow for Fitzgerald, with Tebow around he would be useless anyway.

Cuda K5
12-19-2012, 09:57 AM
I'd do it if you guys picked up a real QB. That poor guy is flushing is best years down the toilet. I hope someone good picks him up

ArtVandelay
12-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah. Sanchize simply stinks. Bringing Tebow in just shows how out of touch Rex is. It was a horrible idea and a horrible distraction. It probably made Sanchize worse (if that's even possible). Enjoy your dysfunction! You're a product of your coach and you deserve the failure he brings. I especially loved the commentary from the announcers. I found it fitting. Fast forward to the 40 second mark. This is the only video I could find, but the commentary guy sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EEdxyJxuGWo#t=39s

I dunno about you, but as a lifelong Pats fan, Red Sox fan, Celtics fan and Bruins/Devils fan I have experienced MANY seasons (mostly pre-2001) when the play/coaching/office was SO bad I would root against my team and be glad when they failed. I would hope they could fail so miserably we would just clean house completely and start over. I figured nothing could possibly be worse than what was currently going on. That seems like the Jets this year. And because they're my rivals, I'm glad. Maybe Rex is ready to kiss those rings now.

MisterSinister
12-20-2012, 02:41 PM
If Rex isn't fired, I'm done with the Jets. Well, I say that, but you can't walk away from your team, no matter how miserable and embarasing they are. I said the same thing when they got Tebow, but that first pre season game I was right there yelling at the TV. They are in huge trouble. A terrible head coach, who only cares about one side of the football. A QB who is getting worse due to lack of coaching, and they can't get rid of. Another QB who can't throw the football, but somehow has people brainwashed into thinking he could come in and do a good job. Add in an owner who has no clue how to build a winning franachise, and doesn't even seem to care about building a winning team, we really are screwed.

billf
12-20-2012, 09:33 PM
It starts with ownership. Being a native Bostonian I fully understand the situation. As long as the seats are full then some owners don't care. An owner that cares about winning and then hires the people to accomplish that task, that's what's needed. So glad the Pats and Sox figured that out. Bob Kraft is an awesome owner and a decent guy.

MisterSinister
12-23-2012, 10:08 PM
So Rex, how did that Mcelroy thing work out? What? Sacked 11 times? And He's better than Sanchez? Anyone else see what I saw? No one on this team can get open, and even if they could this offensive line can't give the QB time to throw. Mcelroy had a different strategy than Sanchez, rather than chuck the ball and try to make something happen, he decided to eat the ball, and get sacked a near record amount of times. Ok my fellow idiot Jets fans, keep blaming the QB for these issues, and not the coach and GM. This team is doomed with the three headed clown show of Rex, Tannenbaum, and Woody. I still see people writing that Tebow should have played all season. Are you kidding? If Tebow started today, they would have lost 27-9. Tebow doesn't do anything until the 4th quater, and they would have been down 20 by then, so what good would that do. I can't wait to see Tebow in Jacksonville next year, getting his head handed to him every game, leading a team to a 3-13 record. Also keep hearing "poor Tim Tebow, he did nothing to deserve this, it's not his fault." Yes it is. He is the one who insists he is a QB, even though we all know he can not throw the ball. If he was open to playing another position, none of this would happen. He also showed what a class act he is by refusing to play today. You hear that everyone, crybaby asked his way out of all wildcat plays this week. He went to Rex, and Sporano (another idiot who has to go) and said he did not want to be put in the game to run wildcat plays this week. Even though I know this idiot coach will stay, and the owner will never wake up, and we will be a 5 win team next year, I will be so happy to habe Teblow off this team. Man I wish I could switch teams, and be a Giants fan. They may not make the playoffs either, but at least they aren't the biggest joke in the history of the league. I still can't beleive the owner is so blind, he can not see that 31 othe NFL teams, and all the fans are laughing at this team.

ArtVandelay
12-23-2012, 10:45 PM
This team is doomed with the three headed clown show of Rex, Tannenbaum, and Woody.

Did someone say Tannenbaum?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPxCHi4mLYA

hahahahahaha.

I agree with almost everything you said, except about Sporano. I think he's a fine coordinator. Not that great a head coach, but I think he's a fine coordinator. I know the dolphins always played the Pats closer than the score reflected when he was coach there. Part of it was bad defense, but I do think he's a fine play caller. Your problems are his boss, and his boss' boss. I'll give Tony some credit. I think the Jets WOULD be better off if he were the head coach just because he carries himself better and wouldn't give every other team in the league reason to hate the Jets and all their talking.

But what do you expect, anyway? Rex runs his mouth, and then brings in players who like to run theirs as well! They were supposed to win a Lombardi before the 3rd year was over, remember? Maybe only one Jet should ever be allowed to make guarantees. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQqIQyT-RuM)

MisterSinister
12-23-2012, 11:02 PM
We can agree to disagree on Sporano. The problem i have with the "Sporano is a fine playcaller" point you made is, he never called plays. This is the first time in his career he has called plays. He was an O-line coach before he became head coach. Despite the common myth, he did not invent the Wildcat, and did not call those plays. His O coordinator (forgot his name) came up with the Wildcat, and called all the plays forthe Dolphins while Sporano was there. The biggest problem with him running the Jets offence is Rex. He wants nothing to do wih the offence, he pretty much has come out and said it. He wants his O coaches to make all of the play calls, and substitutions, and handle everything themself. It's almost like he wants to havea Co-Head Coach. Clown.

ArtVandelay
12-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Hmmm... Screw me. hahaha. I always saw him on the sidelines with sunglasses and a play call sheet over his mouth and figured he was calling the plays. Even so... Lots of coaches don't call plays but have a huge input on the play calling itself. Parcels was famous for yelling at Belichick if the defensive plays weren't to his liking. I think I once saw a clip of him yelling, "HEY, BILL! Next time try running the play that DOESN'T allow them an easy touchdown!"

But I'll admit I could be wrong about Sporano. I just assumed. None the less, I feel like he did a decent enough job in Miami, considering what he had to work with. Now, how much of that was his fault? I dunno... I liked the fact he seemed committed to building up the lines like Parcels used to do. I still believe football is won and lost in the trenches.

If you have a great offensive line, your running back gets better holes, your QB gets more time, and your WRs get more time to get open. The offense is more than likely going to be decent.

If you have a great defensive line, it works the same way. hahaha. My favorite Pats defense was the Ted Washington defense. We had Ted Washington who was old, but STILL big and good enough to demand a double team. Richard Seymour, who demanded a double team, and Ty Warren. That's 5 linemen accounted for. Our linebackers had great success doing pretty much whatever they wanted to do. It was perfect for that 2 gap system, and the defense was incredible because of it.

Maybe I'm just still a Parcels guy...

billf
12-24-2012, 05:01 PM
I despise Parcells myself but can't argue with his methods as the record speaks for itself.
All the Ryan's are clowns. It's not Rex's fault, it's genetics. Still, he needs to go. Not to another team just go away.

ArtVandelay
12-24-2012, 09:03 PM
I despise Parcells myself but can't argue with his methods as the record speaks for itself.
All the Ryan's are clowns. It's not Rex's fault, it's genetics. Still, he needs to go. Not to another team just go away.

The way he left the Pats was hard to take, but looking back at it I think it was just as much Kraft's fault as it was Parcels. The good news is Kraft learned from his mistake. Even though we had some dark, dark years with Pete Carroll, you can't argue with the results after that.

Now... If we didn't have Belichick, I'm not so sure how easy it would be to forgive Parcels, but without Parcels, there's no Belichick.

Brother_jd
12-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Now... If we didn't have Belichick, I'm not so sure how easy it would be to forgive Parcels, but without Parcels, there's no Belichick.

Without Tom Brady, you could have vince Lombardi and it wouldn't matter.

billf
12-25-2012, 08:53 PM
But Bellichek was the one that drafted a seldom used at Michigan Tom Brady in the fourth round. Not many fourth round quarterbacks ever make the starting lineup nevermind a sure lock to the hall of fame. It took him awhile but Bill Bellichek finalized his rating system for players to draft and sign quality TEAMMATES. The man won't put up with stupid crap either. Just ask Randy Moss.

Brother_jd
12-25-2012, 09:54 PM
But Bellichek was the one that drafted a seldom used at Michigan Tom Brady in the fourth round. Not many fourth round quarterbacks ever make the starting lineup nevermind a sure lock to the hall of fame. It took him awhile but Bill Bellichek finalized his rating system for players to draft and sign quality TEAMMATES. The man won't put up with stupid crap either. Just ask Randy Moss.

6th round pick. All NE fans should thank Mo lewis of the Jets for injuring Bledsoe, or Tom Terrific could have been riding the clipboard for a few more years.

ArtVandelay
12-25-2012, 11:27 PM
And wasnt Mo Lewis the pick NE traded for the rights to BB? Maybe God hates the jets? Hahaha

I read the book, "The Education of a Coach," a while back, and it said that by 2001, BB was favoring Brady over Bledsoe, but Kraft had signed Bledsoe to that monster contract, and Bledsoe was always Krafts guy. There was a bit of a power struggle. It was very Kraft/Parcels looking, but it all stayed private and never made it to the media until years later when Bledsoe was in Buffalo.

Its ****ty, because as a fan you want to know whats going on, but for an organization you have to respect it. Does anyone know for sure what happened with randy moss yet? The Pats keep internal matters internal. Maybe the jets could try that out sometime. It seems to work!

MisterSinister
12-31-2012, 04:08 PM
I don't think it's god that hates us, just our owner. So they fire Tannenbaum, but keep Rex. Great, I look foward to a 5-11 year next year.