PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick C-System Ultimax

GeoLes
11-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Part Number60-105383-93XCore TypeDual Flip I - BlockCoverstockCFT Ulti-Max PearlColorBlack/Red/Silver PearlFinishing Steps500; 1,500 Siaair Micro Pad; Rough Buff FinishWeights12-16 PoundsAsymmetrical

Diff.0.017 RG Max2.585 RG Min2.535

RG Differential0.050 RG AverageCenter Heavy (1)

4.4 Cover Heavy (10) Hook PotentialLow (10)

155 High (200) LengthEarly (25)

110 Long (235) Breakpoint ShapeSmooth Arc (10)

95 Angular (100) C·(System) ulti-max

CFT ULTI-MAX PEARL COVERSTOCK

CFT ulti-max pearl is our newest breakthrough in Chemical Friction Technology. The CFT ulti-max pearl coverstock uses the highest concentration of the friction additive in order to maximize the chemical system. The key to CFT is creating more traction with chemical friction instead of mechanical friction. By using less mechanical friction to produce hook, the CFT ultimax pearl coverstock provides enhanced projection down the lane while saving axis rotation for more energy on the backend and through the pins.

CORE
The new Dual Flip I – Block core incorporates a top and bottom flip block over a centered mass. The centered mass creates stability while the dual flip blocks keep the core revving to the backend all the way through the pins for improved pin action.

BALL MOTION
With its Rough Buff Finish, the C · (System) ulti-max skids effortlessly through the front, saving axis rotation in the mid-lane to grab the backend for strong continuous response to friction that cuts easily through the pins on medium to medium-oily lane conditions.

REACTION SETUP
The C·(System) ulti-max can be drilled using the standard drilling techniques developed for asymmetric bowling balls.

LIGHTWEIGHT ENGINEERING
At Brunswick, the unique core shape of each individual ball is used for weights from 14 to 16 pounds. This approach to lightweight ball engineering provides bowlers with consistent ball reaction characteristics across this weight range. At 12 and 13 pounds, Brunswick uses a generic core shape with a RG-differential that is close enough to the 14 to 16 pound shape so the same drilling instructions can be used.

I got this ball 2011 from my then bowlng coach. I was not ready to roll this ball, as I was still working on mastering the basics of reliable approach and release. Now, I find that I get too strong a break with this ball in my home lanes with whatever their standard house pattern is. I can stand far left and roll through the second arrow and strike "brooklyn side", but it is difficult to get to the 17 board. Third arrow is a bit better, but a struggle for me to perform consistenly. If I move and walk left, I can strike through board 17, but a small error usually results in a 5-7 or 5-10 pin leave. I guess my coach didn't consider what he was doing when he sold me this ball (he also runs the pro shop). I feel that He could have said "you are not ready for this ball yet" or something.

Back to the ball review: Red, Silver, and Gray makes it a very pretty ball. When I roll through the second arrow with a passive release, I get a good result. This ball seems very effective given the right lane conditions. I will keep it in my bag for such an occasion, as I am starting to look for opportunites to try sport patterns.

I'm no pro, but this is my review.