PDA

View Full Version : Why are all double rollers made with short handles?

HughScot
11-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Well the question is obvious. I'd love to find a good double roller that had a handle long enough like my luggage does. All the handles are so short I feel like a hunchback dragging it around.

75lockwood
11-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Well the question is obvious. I'd love to find a good double roller that had a handle long enough like my luggage does. All the handles are so short I feel like a hunchback dragging it around.

I'm Confused... my double roller has an extendable handle... its perfectly long...

HughScot
11-18-2012, 12:13 AM
They all extend but not long enough. Compared to a carryon luggage roller it's about 10" short. And if you're tall you have to bend over to roll it.

kmf
11-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Sounds like a good excuse to get more balls and a bigger bag to put them in. It does make you wonder wth the manufacturer's are thinking because they all seem to do this.

HughScot
11-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Sounds like a good excuse to get more balls and a bigger bag to put them in. It does make you wonder wth the manufacturer's are thinking because they all seem to do this.

Exactly and I've looked at everything. It's real simple to do but they all seem to use the same platform. And a heavier bag is not what I need, ha. A triple roller is fine. Oh well.

scottymoney
11-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Maybe you need to find yourself a ball boy who is shorter than yourself. Problem solved and it saves your arms for bowling! Can't wait for my son to grow up so I can have my personal ball boy for league nights.
I got a few years.

bowl1820
11-18-2012, 03:15 PM

Why are all double rollers made with short handles? If they made them longer they would stick out from the bag when collapsed, this would make it awkward for storage.

Also if they used more telescoping , it would be more likely to bend and bind.

HughScot
11-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Why are all double rollers made with short handles? If they made them longer they would stick out from the bag when collapsed, this would make it awkward for storage.

Also if they used more telescoping , it would be more likely to bend and bind.

Nope, my carryon luggage weights as much or more and telescoping is not a problem. If you used decent materials it could easily be done. They'd have to charge more but I'd gladly pay.

bowl1820
11-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Nope, my carryon luggage weights as much or more and telescoping is not a problem. If you used decent materials it could easily be done. They'd have to charge more but I'd gladly pay.

I didn't say it couldn't be done, Just meant that there was a more likely chance there could be a problem with the tubing being deformed.

Do to the extra sections that would be needed.

75lockwood
11-18-2012, 07:53 PM
I see what your saying now, the why is simple, the handle is the same length as the bag so that when put down it fits. compared to your luggage, when the handles are both down, which is taller a double roller on the luggage?

Solution is simple, extend your arsenal to 3 and get a triple roller! or... get a 2 ball tote :D

HughScot
11-18-2012, 10:01 PM
The only real difference is the bowling bag handle doesn't telescope.

75lockwood
11-18-2012, 10:09 PM
The only real difference is the bowling bag handle doesn't telescope.

Lol i had a mental lapse when i read this earlier lol i understand now, it should be possible, but would weaken design a bit. contact a bag maker, i'm sure they could shed some light on this or even help you out with a custom bag :D

eugene02
11-26-2012, 08:33 PM
so the idea is to use ur luggage to put ur bowling balls and you can get it to the height you want :)

ArtVandelay
12-01-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm late to this party, but years ago I bought an Ebonite Grand Transport 2 ball roller (This is the 3 ball version, I couldn't find a picture of the 2 ball version, but It looks like this (http://guidestobuy.com/images/bowlingbag/upload/bowlingball.com/ProductImages/3629-lp-1.jpg)) to replace an old Columbia roller I had which had broken. I bought it off a website and had never seen it. I DO remember that once I got it the handle was at least 4-6 inches longer than the Columbia. That being said, the Columbia version was an old hand-me-down and I'm sure things change over time...

That Ebonite bag has been good to me! No complaints. I'm 5'11" and I can pull it along comfortably. If I were 6'2" or so, I could see it being more of a problem, though.