PDA

View Full Version : The Marauder

billf
11-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Literally drilled and then rolled a few practice frames before league started. I can't wait to get the brace off and really get some reaction with this ball.

http://youtu.be/yALgbcp6XKA

billf
11-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Yes, I know my form was absolutely horrendous.

MICHAEL
11-18-2012, 12:39 AM
You want to see, Appalling, awful, dire,direful, DREADFUL,,,, look at my form! Form is over rated!! lol Its getting the job done that matters. Like last monday on the seniors league,,, 749! I have so many broken bones for Ironwork, plus a host of other issues, but I don't let it slow me down Bill!! All of my current 700 plus games have been with the DV8 marauder! It, actually works better then the terror for me! Let me know what you think of it, when you get acclimated to the its nuanceses!! I love the ball,,,, in fact .... thinking about getting either the new Marauder, or the Frantic storm ball!

MICHAEL
11-18-2012, 12:46 AM
Bill do you slide?? In the video it looks like you don't? I know I don not slide, but maybe I need to learn! In the Me vs Michael movie that Jason made, I was wearing sandles,,, rubber soles! I keep them in my bag, and only use them for bowling! Cant find a pair of open toed sandles,,, shoes cause pain, in my toes!

kmf
11-18-2012, 12:46 AM
What was funny is that during league he went to his Revenge because the Marauder had too much back end movement and when he adjusted it was splitsville. He wanted a strong mid-lane read with a good back end kick. He got what he wanted and without a balance hole!

JaMau24
11-18-2012, 02:24 AM
I think you'll love the ball. I don't own one, but I've thrown one a few times in practice. I like it. Don't worry about your form during the video, I'm sure that was your first few balls of the day and haven't even gotten warmed up yet.

billf
11-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Yes it was the first of the day and after a 90 mile round trip to get the ball.
Mike, slide is something I've been trying to do correctly but keep catching myself taking too big a step and planting.

75lockwood
11-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Awesome!!!

ball looks great, give your wrist time to heal and get that thing off it so we can see some real bowling! Learning to slide can be tough, keep at it :D

o and what was with that random double ball shot at the end?

AZBowla
11-18-2012, 11:30 AM

Looked to me like he was clearing some dead wood from that left gutter. :)

75lockwood
11-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Looked to me like he was clearing some dead wood from that left gutter. :)

Now i see it! that makes more sense lol

AZBowla's Girl
11-18-2012, 12:22 PM
First I would like to say that the Marauder is really cool. By boyfriend absolutely loves his that he got for his birthday. I think that you were doing great with it, especially with your wrist being injured. I bet you will have it doing exactly what you want when your wrist is all better. Second, I have a question about your ball and how it is drilled. What is the extra hole that you have for? What is the functionality of it? I am curious and was wondering. I have seen other balls with this, but am not sure why it is done. Thanks.

MICHAEL
11-18-2012, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=billf;63987]Yes it was the first of the day and after a 90 mile round trip to get the ball.
Mike, slide is something I've been trying to do correctly but keep catching myself taking too big a step and planting.

Hey Bill your form, at its worse, looks better than MINE at its BEST! Lol I tried to slide, (being Iceman you think it would be my cup of tea)!! But I didn’t like the feeling,,,,, it left me COLD! I don’t get it! The slide to me is a out of control balance thing, and when I take my 3 steps, and plant, I feel 100 percent in control. My BIG problem is hitting my target. The other day when I had that league 749, I was ON!! I watched with my eyes almost every time when that ball rolled across the target board. Results,,, best game of my life. Are there any Pro’s that don’t slide? How much of a handicap is not sliding to a game in your opinion? I use to have great balance when I did Ironwork. Walked small steel sometimes over 600 feet up with nothing on either side of me! I wonder why it just doesn’t feel right sliding while bowling! Hey Would be cool to post a game of you and your talented daughter bowling one another!!

JaMau24
11-18-2012, 04:35 PM
No, I don't believe there are any pros that don't slide. If there is, I'd like to see it.

billf
11-18-2012, 05:13 PM
First I would like to say that the Marauder is really cool. By boyfriend absolutely loves his that he got for his birthday. I think that you were doing great with it, especially with your wrist being injured. I bet you will have it doing exactly what you want when your wrist is all better. Second, I have a question about your ball and how it is drilled. What is the extra hole that you have for? What is the functionality of it? I am curious and was wondering. I have seen other balls with this, but am not sure why it is done. Thanks.

I don't have an extra hole in it but what you're referring to is a balance hole. It's used to keep the ball's static weight legal and can increase the ball dynamics. We just forgot to do it on this one and it doesn't need it after trying it out.

Are there any Pro’s that don’t slide? How much of a handicap is not sliding to a game in your opinion? I use to have great balance when I did Ironwork. Walked small steel sometimes over 600 feet up with nothing on either side of me! I wonder why it just doesn’t feel right sliding while bowling! Hey Would be cool to post a game of you and your talented daughter bowling one another!!

Are know there are but can't think who at this time but I will research it. Not sliding a handicap? Only in that the slide allows for margin of error in timing. My daughter won't do a video. I keep asking but she's too self-conscience about her size.

There was dead wood in the left gutter. The worker asked me to clean it out when I was done and that's how I chose to do it. Dang 7 pin stayed up too.

Subbed this morning. No warm up, last second thing when a guy didn't show 272, 187, 223. I made a huge, total gut adjustment. I backed the brace off 1 notch to get less revs, moved my feet left 20 boards and my target left 5 boards. As long as I was within 2 boards either side of my mark, the pins went in the pit. With this layout it reads the mid-lane extremely well, flare is high and the backend is smooth. The harder I roll is the better it looks. When the revs get too close to even with speed or dominant, it takes off too hard. Exactly what I wanted but didn't expect the move to have to be so drastic. I'm cool with that though.

AZBowla
11-18-2012, 05:18 PM
I gotta say, for the money the Marauder is a lot more ball than I expected it to be. I'm VERY happy with mine and thanks again for the recommendation!

billf
11-18-2012, 05:39 PM
I haven't heard of an unhappy Marauder owner yet. I've only heard of one person that wasn't happy with a DV8 product but then again, he doesn't seem to be happy with any ball.

75lockwood
11-18-2012, 05:44 PM
I haven't heard of an unhappy Marauder owner yet. I've only heard of one person that wasn't happy with a DV8 product but then again, he doesn't seem to be happy with any ball.

I can't wait until Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!! MARAUDER TIME!!!!!

striker12
11-18-2012, 05:55 PM
nice looking ball know how many dv8 balls do you got like 20

billf
11-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Ummm, let's see. At my disposal there is the Misfit, Marauder, Reckless, Too Reckless, Hell Raiser, Terror, and two Revenges. So 8 total DV8 balls so far. I want the Zombie ball after I win the Madness this week.

striker12
11-18-2012, 06:37 PM
i was going to get the zombie ball but decided not too and save my money till i get better at shooting spare shots.

75lockwood
11-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Ummm, let's see. At my disposal there is the Misfit, Marauder, Reckless, Too Reckless, Hell Raiser, Terror, and two Revenges. So 8 total DV8 balls so far. I want the Zombie ball after I win the Madness this week.

Lol, full arsenal! i assume the two revenge's are laid out differently... and hang on! your grandson better get the zombie before you!

billf
11-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Of course the Revenges are laid out differently. Not quite full. We are missing the Madness, Nightmare and Zombie. Derrick pointed out last night that all he has is the Too Reckless, Chris the Hell Raiser and the rest are mine. So much for my bowling partner helping build this arsenal lol