PDA

View Full Version : Axis rotation

billf
11-18-2012, 10:49 PM
How hard is it for a bowler to learn to create axis rotation? Derrick has been league bowling for 6 full seasons plus this season. All his hook was with forward roll utilizing lift. One coaching session of about ten minutes and he now had axis rotation and was even varying it.

http://youtu.be/2twJxUoWQP4

75lockwood
11-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Bill the super coach strikes again :D (pun intended)

Honestly though, axis rotation is a rather simple concept, and a great tool when adjusting to various conditions

scottymoney
11-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Bill I would love to read or even hear you talk about this and how you went about teaching him to throw axis rotation. Axis rotation is something I need to read up on and figure out. I don't know enough yet to know how mine is.

I think we need the Billf weekly podcast. Or maybe we could set up a weekly live voice chat with different topics each week. That would be cool to do as I think talking live with people andbeing able to ask specific questions is great compared to trying to type out your questions and points.

75lockwood
11-19-2012, 12:24 PM
I think we need the Billf weekly podcast. Or maybe we could set up a weekly live voice chat with different topics each week. That would be cool to do as I think talking live with people andbeing able to ask specific questions is great compared to trying to type out your questions and points.

We can add it as a commercial break to barbershop bowling (an xtraboard production) :cool: