PDA

View Full Version : Some fun-kay pin action...

xthe_charismatic_enigmax
11-19-2012, 01:33 AM
So, the other night in my league, I threw a sort-of heavy shot, and was going to leave the 4-7, but instead, the pin action I had, something pushed the 7 pin to an exact spot where the 8 normally is, so I ended shooting at the 4-8.

What's some of the craziest stuff you guys' have seen..can we prevent this, or is really just random, I'm really leaning towards random physics on this one.

Zothen
11-19-2012, 01:36 AM
I threw what looked like a strike ball only to watch the 6 pin literally spin across lane and stand in the 7 pin spot still spinning when rack picked it up.

Zothen

xthe_charismatic_enigmax
11-19-2012, 01:44 AM
I don't know, maybe it's me seeing a lot of things in three leagues, but I've watched across some lanes and have seen some pretty messed up stuff happen with the pins. I've seen a six slide to the four position, a five pin going to the eight spot. I can say this, when that happened to me the other night, the only real thing I could do is laugh and be thankful it didn't slide into the 9 or 10 spot.

Brother_jd
11-19-2012, 04:54 AM
Saw a guy who had thrown the first 10, 5 pin spun and ended up where the 4 pin was. 1st ball next game he struck.

GoodGorilla
11-19-2012, 08:38 AM
dude! Yesterday I threw a rack shredder and 3 pins smacked into the 8 pin at the same time to keep it balanced. I mean they really smacked that pin hard.

The German Shepherd
11-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Last year I threw a shot that I THOUGHT was a good flush shot in the 1-3 pocket, only to watch the 3 pin spin around and come to rest where the 6 pin should have been....

Jay

75lockwood
11-19-2012, 10:30 AM
The weirdest i ever saw had to be when a 20mph straight ball thrower launched the ball down the lane, the ball hit the nose perfectly, the normal splitting action that ends in a 7-10 happened, but the ball was moving so fast, the 4 and 6 pins hit the sides and launched back in to the 7 and 10, causing them to slide right into each other before eventually falling. Awesome

striker12
11-19-2012, 11:27 AM
this happened to me last saturday i was shooting at the 3-6-10 and i threw my spare ball down went down left the right side of the 3 pin took out the 6-10 and the 3 pin just was spinning all over the lane. and in the 2nd game i left up the 3-6-10 again so i did not want the same thing to happen again so i grabbeb my strike ball and threw a hook at it i hit the 3 pin on the left side making it take out the 6-10 and it stood up and stoped where the 10pin is

got_a_300
11-19-2012, 12:06 PM
I've had some pretty wild pin action in the past where on a
flush pocket hit the 6 pin would come off of the wall and it
would smack the 10 pin so hard it would slide it over into
either the 4 pin, 7pin, or 8 pin spot and sometimes it would
end up somewhere in between those spots for a pin out of
range call.