PDA

View Full Version : DFW Area

ArtVandelay
11-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Well, Houston had an area, I thought anyone from the DFW area should too!!! hahaha. Not sure if anyone on this board is from the DFW area, but if you are, I suppose this is as good a thread as any?

NoTapNorm
11-17-2008, 06:27 AM
I have a brother in Garland.....
This area should be ok for the thread

kev3inp
11-23-2008, 08:10 AM
Well, Houston had an area, I thought anyone from the DFW area should too!!! hahaha. Not sure if anyone on this board is from the DFW area, but if you are, I suppose this is as good a thread as any?

Isn't Denton the home base for one of my favorite bands, Brave Combo? Those guys are out there! :D

ArtVandelay
11-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Isn't Denton the home base for one of my favorite bands, Brave Combo? Those guys are out there! :D

Yes, sir! Good job. Not many people know that. Denton used to have a really good music scene. Bowling for Soup is probably the best known that came out of here. It's really a mini-Austin. If you have to live in Texas (sorry), I think Austin is the place to live, but failing that, Denton's pretty chill.

Actually, if you're into the funk/blues/soul kind of music, there's a group that formed in Denton (they call Austin home now, I don't know why....) called Mingo Fishtrap (which is actually an intersection in Denton). Think of Tower of Power (less talented horn line, but they get the job done) doing more modern stuff. VERY good, if they're ever in your area.

onefrombills
12-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Just looking for some love as Im gonna be in Arligton, Tx this sat and sunday 13 + 14 th of dec and looking for someone to show me around?

Ill get into DFW after 2pm (TX local time)

Dammm this sounds like a personal ad....HEYY!!!! Chris maybe thats something we can add????????

ArtVandelay
12-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Just looking for some love as Im gonna be in Arligton, Tx this sat and sunday 13 + 14 th of dec and looking for someone to show me around?

Ill get into DFW after 2pm (TX local time)

Dammm this sounds like a personal ad....HEYY!!!! Chris maybe thats something we can add????????

hahahahaha. Man, if you're ever back in the area, let me know. This whole month is an absolute monster, I really am not going to have the time. Really sorry. Enjoy your stay!!!!

onefrombills
12-08-2008, 06:50 PM
hahahahaha. Man, if you're ever back in the area, let me know. This whole month is an absolute monster, I really am not going to have the time. Really sorry. Enjoy your stay!!!!

Thanks man I sure will let ya all know when im on the road again !!!!

joebowler
03-31-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm getting ready to move to Plano. April 12th. Will Probably be bowling at Plano Super Bowl, looks like a good house!

Cuda
09-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Dallas here.....shout out!