PDA

View Full Version : Feldman misses two 10s, tops Woessner

kakcpa
11-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Feldman misses two 10s, tops Woessner

BY PERRY A. FARRELL
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Michelle Feldman survived missing two 10 pins and converting a washout in the ninth frame, winning Sunday's Chameleon Championship at Taylor Lanes with a 199-173 triumph over No. 2 seed Jodi Woessner.

"Aleta Sill has been my coach since I've been on tour, and it was nice to have her here to see me," said Feldman, who picked up $10,000 in the one-match televised final.

"She has been my coach for 15 years. She's the only one I trust drilling my equipment. I enjoy coming to Detroit. The fans are great."

Feldman managed the lanes while Woessner had open frames in the second and third; one a 4-10 split and the other was chopping the 2-8.

Feldman missed 10 pins in the second and seventh frames, but in between managed to throw four strikes in a row to take control.

"The last time I missed two 10 pins and won a tournament has been awhile," said Feldman. "The last time I missed two 10 pins was last week.

"I tried to play it safe today. I'm not the greatest playing far right and straight -- it's not my 'A' game. I knew once we were the last match and they were going to break down, I knew I could probably get in(side) a little bit, and if I threw it full enough and didn't really get away with it too far, I would be OK. I went with a stronger ball and played inside."

onefrombills
11-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Sometimes strikes will win ya a game but most of the time its spares