PDA

View Full Version : trying to find places that offer bowling lessons

striker12
11-19-2012, 08:41 PM
hey guys i do need alot of help with my bowling does anyone know a site that i can take a look at to find bowling lessons from pro bowlers to things like the IAB (not fully sure what the other name of the bowling thing is) i really need to work on my backswing to make it smoother and then get my timing better.

my proshop would do it for not much money but he is always busy at this time because on saturdays hes one of the coachs and hes always in the proshop because of people coming in getting new ball or getting a ball fixed up or anything.

i mean mostly in the US and Canada but i have looked at the IAB a bit ago and they never had one coming up mostly because of the WSOB and i got like $800 in scholarship money i can use on it.

thanks guys.

noeymc
11-19-2012, 09:23 PM
check out http://www.bowlingball.com/find-a-bowling-coach.php

75lockwood
11-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Striker,

I have been looking for a dedicated coach in canada as well, but i have yet to find anything, the guys who run the Saturday morning league are great, but aren't available all the time :/ i would ask your local bowling ally owners and such, but from my experience there aren't a lot of coaches around :(

If i get certified I'd coach you! it would be a great time :D

striker12
11-19-2012, 09:40 PM
yeha get certified then you can coach me and you might learn some things too ......how to miss easy spares lol

striker12
11-19-2012, 09:44 PM
check out http://www.bowlingball.com/find-a-bowling-coach.php

thanks defiantly going to check this out.

75lockwood
11-19-2012, 09:48 PM
yeha get certified then you can coach me and you might learn some things too ......how to miss easy spares lol

LOL spares are easy and just take practice, throwing a straight ball makes 10 pins a lot easier (right hand) i tend to spend more time on spares than strikes in practice now, it helps your strike shot a lot more than you would think, it teaches you how to control the ball.

billf
11-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Check out www.mybowlingcoach.com they offer seminars with lessons and are extremely good. If none are listed you can e-mail them and see what they require to set one up in your area.
It is run by Gold coaches Fred Borden, Jerri Edwards, Ron Hatfield and Silver coach Andy Parker.
They helped me a ton earlier this year and I still see Andy Parker every few months as he is only 40 miles from me.

75lockwood
11-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Check out www.mybowlingcoach.com they offer seminars with lessons and are extremely good. If none are listed you can e-mail them and see what they require to set one up in your area.
It is run by Gold coaches Fred Borden, Jerri Edwards, Ron Hatfield and Silver coach Andy Parker.
They helped me a ton earlier this year and I still see Andy Parker every few months as he is only 40 miles from me.

sweet!

Striker, lets see if we can get them to do a clinic up here! looks awesome! Thanks Bill!

billf
11-19-2012, 10:23 PM
You're welcome. Jerri Edwards and Ron Hatfield are absolutely amazing. Ron is the national coach of a European national team that I can't spell.
I would try but I wouldn't want to upset Ball9999 with an incorrect spelling and upset him.

striker12
11-19-2012, 11:21 PM
thanks bill will check this out and defiantly lockwood we should get one of these know time to see what the prices are.

lockwood my main problem with spares is throwing the ball straight down the left side of the lane i can handle the right side easy(right handed) i get like 70% of my 10pins but i can never get the ball to get anywhere near the 4 pin even when i move more and more left with my feet and target