PDA

View Full Version : Form Analysis

AKbash
11-21-2012, 03:33 AM
Hey guys just wondering how my form looks to you guys... I know i have a low backswing which i should probably work on... But hey I know Ive got lots to learn anyways. Been bowling for about a month and a half now so yeah... Anyways here you go!

http://youtu.be/wXHMivFZHT0

Sorry for the short vid... My little bro doesnt like taking vids much lol!

noeymc
11-21-2012, 04:10 AM
question are you muscling the bowling ball on your back swing or is that where it goes i think you kinda hold the ball low but if it works for you then i am not sure if you should change it also bend your knees lol you look like a tree :) and to get this out the way keep your back foot down its really short video lol Bill and Bob i believe are the 2 coaches on here but that's my input

AKbash
11-21-2012, 05:49 AM
Lol! Ill keep all that in mind xD you're right about that tree comment tho haha never really realized that haha! Ill try to keep that balance leg down. As for muscling it, I dont think I am.... The only thing I'm putting any muscle on is cocking and cupping my wrist... Im only using momentum on the swing and holding the ball low probably has something to do with that. Haha I'll try to keep all this in mind next time I bowl :) thanks

J Anderson
11-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Looks pretty good, nothing looks rushed or forced, good balance at the line. As Noah said, your could work on staying / getting lower at the line, but there have been some pros who have made a decent living despite popping up at the line.

AKbash
11-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks guys :) I'll try to keep all those advices in mind!

noeymc
11-21-2012, 01:50 PM
ok then the back swing would be fine was just checking =D

billf
11-21-2012, 11:28 PM
6 weeks? Looks real good for the short time. Looks good for many years lol. The knee bend at the stance will help keep you body ready for a good finish position. Balance leg on the floor helps with balance and keeping the upper body in proper alignment during and through the swing assisting consistency. Keep up the good work.

AKbash
11-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks Everyone! I practiced yesterday and tried to follow everyones advice!

Bending me knees more made me more accurate and consistent it seemed. Also I followed your advice on moving boards. It was freshly oiled so it's almost like our league conditions... Ended up bowling my all time high of 222 yesterday with everyones advice!!! :D