PDA

View Full Version : Down to 2!! Nexxus or Aura?

Vince805
11-21-2012, 09:09 PM
So i have FINALLY narrowed it down to 2 balls. The Nexxus f(p+r) and the Aura. My friend just bought the nexxus and used it the other night and wow its a nice ball. We both have 2 totally different bowling styles so i dont know how it would be for me. He said he was in between the 2 also. So here is my question. i was looking and i have no clue what "length" means. Dont laugh ok lol. For example the Aura is Length 205 (Scale 10-220) and Typical Break-point Shape: Angular 100(Scale Smooth Arc 10-Angular 120). Where the nexxus is Length: 110 (Scale 25-235) Typical Breakpoint Shape: 100 Angular (Scale Smooth Arc 10-Angular 100) What does this mean? why is the aura 205 and nexxus 110? Also as you know Aura is polished and nexxus is sanded. Where i bowl its not to consistent but on most nights its heavy oil. here and there its medium to DRY. And this will be my only ball. I dont use multiple balls. ball speed is about 17mph,slow-med revs, style IDK from what i here its a style of my own lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

billf
11-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Length is the amount designed into the ball that it will go down the lane before hooking. Generally speaking, the longer a ball goes the more energy it will have to hook so with length they have a sharper break on the back end. Of course the layout can alter all these specs to a certain extent.

Vince805
11-24-2012, 04:37 PM
I was trying to find the length for the ball i use now so i can determine if a ball with more length or less is better for me. Im not sure how far down the lane mine goes now before making its more. I have a columbia 300 action packed. maybe someone knows. How can i find out with out this info

HughScot
11-24-2012, 09:01 PM
If you subscribe to or have access to Bowling This Month magazine you will have your answers. They have a web site so you can go there and order back issues for the balls in question. The latest edition has a review of the Aura. Do research before you buy and have your pro shop give you some help.

Zothen
11-25-2012, 01:43 PM
According to Brunswick the Aura is suppose to have the biggest hook then their neXus line. The coverstock is a highly advanced formula and I suspect it will be a new aura line. I would go for the aura,thats just me!

Zothen

striker12
11-25-2012, 02:23 PM
i was told from my proshop because i was thinking of getting the aura and he told me that the aura will create length for you no matter how it drills it will get alot of length on it and it will hook hard but that depends on how you get it drilled.

xthe_charismatic_enigmax
11-25-2012, 04:00 PM
There's a guy at my bowling center who is on the Brunswick staff, and from what I hear he's been using the Aura. I have the original Nexus and I absolutely love it.

MuddychevyHD
11-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Seen the Aura thrown by a couple different guys this weekend at the local tournament and I can say it goes long before it moves but it moved left in hurry when it gets to that point. It is smooth but sharp off the breakpoinit