PDA

View Full Version : Motiv Venom Strike

alangrobmeier
11-26-2012, 04:22 PM
This new Venom Strike will not be missed on the shelves. The color combo is definitely eye-catching.

Mine is drilled with the pin under the middle finger, CG under the ring finger, in my palm. The pin is about 2” out. My PAP is about 4 ¾ over, 0 up. With this layout the pin is about 5 ½ inches from my pap at a 70 degreeish drilling angle. I have a Primal Scream and a QZ2 drilled the same way.

The ball gets out of the heads very clean, and has a good motion on the backends. It is no where nearly as strong as the Primal Scream, but the Primal Scream is meant for longer oil and heavier volume.

The strength of the ball is on medium to short oil. It turns earlier and harder than my QZ2 on the same conditions.

Alan Grobmeier
Motiv Staff
www.motivbowling.com

UBowling
11-26-2012, 07:26 PM
I have enjoyed my Venom Strike more than any other Motiv ball that I have thrown to date.

However, the one we have on the shelf in the pro shop has sat there for quite a while now. Definitely not flying off the shelves unfortunately.

wleto
12-06-2012, 10:14 AM
INNER CORE: Gear™
COVERSTOCK: Atomix™ Arc Solid Reactive
FINISH: 3000 Grit Sanded
15# SPECS: RG: 2.48, DIFF: .034

Right-handed
Speed: 18-20
Revs: 450+

The new Venom Strike is truly a very nice piece to have. I drilled my first one pin under my ring and the cg in my grip line. It is the first ball I grab to read the pattern and it never steers me wrong. Very seldom do I even have to switch balls after determining the look I get. It is very versatile and I use it on med to short fresh patterns and even on longer broken down patterns. The Gear core allows for easy revs and the tamed track flare means it will not get crazy on you. Very smooth and predictable.... like a street legal sports car. I can get in deep and loft the gutter on the PBA Shark pattern or play up 3 on the Cheetah. It is that versatile!! This is a great piece and for the money there is no reason why anyone shouldn’t own two or three of them.

Colors are great ( Orange/Blue )
Versatility

Dislikes: None yet

William Leto
Motiv Staff member
www.motivbowling.com
www.twitter.com/motivbowling
www.facebook.com/motivbowling