PDA

View Full Version : Monday's are alright for bowling in my opinion..

xthe_charismatic_enigmax
11-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Shot a 670 tonight. Started the first game with the front 7, left a 4 pin, and struck out the rest of the way. I don't know what went wrong with my second game, I missed two ten pins, left a big four and a 4-7-9 split in the tenth. The third game I rolled clean, and ended up with a 235. I should've made different adjustments the second game, primarily throwing my ball harder, I was heavy all game until I started throwing 16 mph.

billf
11-26-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm liking Mondays right now too. Shot a 785 tonight in position round and wasn't even the high man on my team.

xthe_charismatic_enigmax
11-27-2012, 09:32 AM
That's awesome bill. I wish I could put together those kind of sets, I've only broke 700 eight times now ever since I picked up a bowling ball again. If only the oill just stayed in the same spot, I'd always be fine. :p

billf
11-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Derrick and I made an adjustment in the same frame. He went 2 & 1, I went 10 & 5. I also changed balls and thumb sleeve (it was sticking). My 270 game was a mess with the only two pocket shots (1st & 3rd frames) leaving pins. Ball was too strong, thumb sticking in my IT but I wasn't changing a thing until I missed again. First frame next game I didn't strike and changed balls and thumbs before the spare attempt.

Tampabaybob
01-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Shot a 670 tonight. Started the first game with the front 7, left a 4 pin, and struck out the rest of the way. I don't know what went wrong with my second game, I missed two ten pins, left a big four and a 4-7-9 split in the tenth. The third game I rolled clean, and ended up with a 235. I should've made different adjustments the second game, primarily throwing my ball harder, I was heavy all game until I started throwing 16 mph.

Good set. Looks as though you learned something from it though. I've had those kind of nights too, and then kicked myself for not moving, or changing balls earlier. It's what keeps us coming back for more.

ZRock
01-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Our high bowler decided not to change balls because he was on 6 in a row. He then left 2 splits... If your gut tells you to switch, you probably should