PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Talon Video and Review

MOTIVmags
11-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Raptor Talon – 3 3/4 X 55 X 65

MOTIV’s current goal is to release bowling balls that will be able to provide bowlers with an arsenal of equipment to combat all conditions.

Description: The Raptor Talon is the third Raptor being added to the high-performance range. The Raptor Talon uses the same Predator core as the previous two Raptors, but with the all new Fusion Solid Reactive coverstock.

Reaction: The addition of the Raptor Talon has filled MOTIV’s slot for a very early revving heavy oil ball. The Raptor Talon is best suited when everything else is too clean in the front or middle part of the lane. It allows you to keep a ton of ball in your hand yet maintain control throughout the entire lane. At the box finish (2000 grit sanded) I found the ball to be most effective for the intentions of the ball. Adding polish made the Raptor Talon similar in length to the original Raptor (4000 Grit Sanded), yet the Raptor Talon maintained a higher hook potential because of the strength in the front and middle part of the lane. I didn’t experiment with adding more surface to the Raptor Talon as the box surface started the ball plenty soon!

Comparisons: The Raptor Talon is obviously MOTIV’s biggest hooking ball. However, even though you may currently think you don’t need more hook, the Raptor Talon brings much more than just hook. It brings a lot of power and a lot of control. In my video you will see that the original Raptor is played a few boards right at the arrows and has a more defined backend motion. The Venom Strike is even further right at the arrows, although not as continuous as the Raptor Talon. I think it should also be noted that those who really like there Thrash…The Raptor Talon will be the Thrash’s BIG BROTHER.
Summary: The Raptor Talon is not going to be a ball for me that will see a lot of league action, but will be the first ball I choose to put in the bag for tournaments. I can see the Raptor Talon seeing a lot of time on tougher patterns and looking forward to throwing it on some heavier conditions when most are struggling to get the lane to open up.

YouTube Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM-NB1MoTjM&feature=youtu.be

MOTIV Staff Member - Mike Magolan

Stormed1
11-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Ball looks nice but I don't see enough oil to throw my Raptor Attack too often, This one wold just end up sitting on the rack

noeymc
11-27-2012, 02:29 AM
can u post his non strikes to no point in just showing strikes

striker12
12-06-2012, 05:23 PM
video was good but you need to put more shots in and with missing strikes too and also leaving up some pins on the left side and right side not the 10 pin and try to convert them just to show how the ball will hook just moving at that 1 pin.