PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Tournament Finals

UBowling
11-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Not sure if anyone outside of the local area who is familiar with this tournament would even be interested, but we made a video showing every ball thrown during the finals match of this tournament last month. I thought it would be cool to showcase it for the tournament to give it some extra exposure and maybe get more entries from people who would otherwise not know about it. Plus I am sure the guys in the video appreciate the exposure it gives them.

Check out the video and let me know if you think it is something that should be done for every tournament.

http://youtu.be/v0E4TxDWGUg

AZBowla
11-27-2012, 01:56 PM
I would love to see our local tournaments do this, I'd watch 'em all!

Keep 'em coming, that was fun to watch!

UBowling
11-27-2012, 05:15 PM
I would love to see our local tournaments do this, I'd watch 'em all!

Keep 'em coming, that was fun to watch!

Thanks! Will do. I was hoping it would be something new and interesting that people could really get into. Just another step in the direction of trying to grow the community.

noeymc
11-27-2012, 05:23 PM
i liked it can i make a suggestion ?

billf
11-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Ubowling thinks outside the box and that's exactly what the industry needs. Stuff such as this should be done. I'm not sure about cost or budget constraints but what about featuring some of your bowlers in a local commercial? It could be used for tournaments, leagues, parties, cosmic bowling, etc.

75lockwood
11-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Great video, i would love it if all tournaments did this, with video technology today it wouldn't be hard nor expensive.

a few ideas:

would it be possible to put a score update in the corner? it would be a great way for the audience to keep track of whats going on/grow suspense. (i'm sure you could do this with video editing software)

also, setting up more than on camera might be a way to grow the idea.

Great job once again!

Brother_jd
11-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Nice Video.

UBowling
11-28-2012, 01:00 PM
i liked it can i make a suggestion ?

Absolutely!

Ubowling thinks outside the box and that's exactly what the industry needs. Stuff such as this should be done. I'm not sure about cost or budget constraints but what about featuring some of your bowlers in a local commercial? It could be used for tournaments, leagues, parties, cosmic bowling, etc.

That is a really good idea, having an interview with the bowlers with clips of them during the tournament would probably be really popular.

Great video, i would love it if all tournaments did this, with video technology today it wouldn't be hard nor expensive.

a few ideas:

would it be possible to put a score update in the corner? it would be a great way for the audience to keep track of whats going on/grow suspense. (i'm sure you could do this with video editing software)

also, setting up more than on camera might be a way to grow the idea.

Great job once again!

I like that suggestion! Right now everything we film and post is done on an iPhone. From recording the video to putting the clips together. I would like to get some video editing software soon and do these kinds of things, the scoring would be sweet!

noeymc
11-28-2012, 01:34 PM
i would do like a opening with them there avg and them holding there strike ball =D might help sales? lol

also post the scores after the 5th and the final scores

and very nice use of the iphone lol