PDA

View Full Version : Marauder in the house!!!!!!!!

75lockwood
11-28-2012, 10:43 PM
LOOK WHAT I GOT!

http://s8.postimage.org/kw7xfdemt/WP_000533.jpg

http://s16.postimage.org/dvank4gwl/WP_000534.jpg

So, i learned a lot today, for one it seems my ball was drilled horribly, apparently the layout was literally working against me, the pro shop operator was surprised that i was able to hook the ball at all.

anyway the difference is like night and day, i threw 2 games after drilling the marauder and wow... everything was so effortless (remember this is with a 1lb pound heavier ball)

The scores: 184,191!

it was awesome i bowled that well while trying 4-5 different lines to see what i could get the ball to do! i can't wait till league Friday!!!

o and i bowled my first 4 bagger with the marauder!

TONIGHT WE BOWL!!!!!!:cool:

Second topic, anyone care to explain what they see in my layout? that's the one thing i still don't understand all that much yet (haven't got to it in my reading) lol

scottymoney
11-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Awesome! Are you left or right handed? If you are left handed you have a similar layout to mine with the pin up near the ring finger.
My 2 first games after a warm up game to find my line with my Marauder Madness was 195 and 205. It is crazy how you have so much confidence with a new ball.
I haven't been so lucky since but that is me just using bad form.

75lockwood
11-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Awesome! Are you left or right handed? If you are left handed you have a similar layout to mine with the pin up near the ring finger.
My 2 first games after a warm up game to find my line with my Marauder Madness was 195 and 205. It is crazy how you have so much confidence with a new ball.
I haven't been so lucky since but that is me just using bad form.

Thats what has me a little off, i'm indeed right handed

striker12
11-28-2012, 11:31 PM
nice looking ball there my brother got one hes got his drilled pin down opasite of my layout on my too reckless witch is very close to your its just my pin is alittle more to the right in between fingers and up

scottymoney
11-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Daniel in another thread posted this.

Layouts can be complicated, but there are some easy ways to think about it. Imagine that the lower the pin goes, the sooner the ball hooks. The higher it goes, the later on the lane it hooks. Then, the closer to your PAP it is, the sooner the core revs up. The farther from your pap, the slower the core revs up. This isn't exactly a bulletproof explanation, but it will help you have a general idea of what to think about.

So from this it would mean late hooking, with the core revving slower? At least that is what I take from what he said.

75lockwood
11-29-2012, 12:01 AM
Daniel in another thread posted this.

So from this it would mean late hooking, with the core revving slower? At least that is what I take from what he said.

Late sounds right, but i don't know about slow reving, i have to find my pap at some point to know this... [(he did all this, but i can't remember lol)that and it was on my old ball]

Cochese
11-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Congrats on the new ball. I really gotta try DV8 out. Only problem is which one!

noeymc
11-29-2012, 12:22 AM
sexxxxxy

75lockwood
11-29-2012, 12:41 AM
sexxxxxy

Wait, Me or the ball? LOL

thanks ;) i like your avatar :D

noeymc
11-29-2012, 01:18 AM
all three

AngeloPD
11-29-2012, 01:25 AM
Congrats on the new ball. I really gotta try DV8 out. Only problem is which one!

This one!

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/12180-FS-DV8-Hellraiser-Revenge-15lbs

Cochese
11-29-2012, 09:09 AM
I would buy your ball Angleo, but I never play on anything that I would need a ball that strong. I was thinking of either the Maruader or the Too Reckless. Leaning towards the Too Reckless because bowlingball.com has it on sale for $103 shipped and I like the color scheme :cool:

75lockwood
11-29-2012, 09:58 AM
This one!

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/12180-FS-DV8-Hellraiser-Revenge-15lbs

I'm still thinking about this.... i'm going to see how the marauder does on wooden lanes tonight, if i can keep a reasonable straight line i might just take it off your hands :D

MICHAEL
11-29-2012, 10:16 AM
I know I am in love with both my Maruaders!!! First 700, 725, and 749 with the RED beauty!! I will take a picture of her, and you can see my layout! The New maruader Madness is a lot like the maruader, but works even better onheavier oil!! Both seem to have a way of finding the pocket, and carry like no other balls I have to date, other then the Lucid!

AZBowla
11-29-2012, 11:08 AM
We need to start a Marauder club with all the Marauder owners in here. :cool:

75lockwood
11-29-2012, 11:38 AM
We need to start a Marauder club with all the Marauder owners in here. :cool:

There is a group feature the the forums, lets do it!

got_a_300
11-29-2012, 12:37 PM
First off let me say that Marauder is one fine looking ball I really like the color
scheme on it.

Layouts can be complicated, but there are some easy ways to think about it. Imagine that the lower the pin goes, the sooner the ball hooks. The higher it goes, the later on the lane it hooks. Then, the closer to your PAP it is, the sooner the core revs up. The farther from your pap, the slower the core revs up. This isn't exactly a bulletproof explanation, but it will help you have a general idea of what to think about.

Yes what Daniel said is pretty much spot on as I drilled my Defiant Edge with the pin about
another half inch higher than the pin on your ball up above and between the finger holes. It
gets down lane to somewhere around the 40 foot mark and then the core starts revving up and
then when it gets to around the 50 to 55 foot mark then all he*l breaks loose and then in a big
way it's a super hard left turn Clyde . LOL!!!!

AZBowla
11-29-2012, 12:40 PM
There is a group feature the the forums, lets do it!

Great idea! I created the group, everyone join up! :cool:

75lockwood
11-29-2012, 12:51 PM
First off let me say that Marauder is one fine looking ball I really like the color
scheme on it.

Yes what Daniel said is pretty much spot on as I drilled my Defiant Edge with the pin about
another half inch higher than the pin on your ball up above and between the finger holes. It
gets down lane to somewhere around the 40 foot mark and then the core starts revving up and
then when it gets to around the 50 to 55 foot mark then all he*l breaks loose and then in a big
way it's a super hard left turn Clyde . LOL!!!!

Sounds great! i did ask for a decent back end reaction, i guess the layout makes sense :D

Great idea! I created the group, everyone join up! :cool:

I Joined! :D

Davec13
11-29-2012, 05:17 PM
It's about time you got a DV8. Stinking Canadians always last to the party. :D

75lockwood
11-29-2012, 07:07 PM

:D not everyone can afford new balls every month lol

striker12
12-01-2012, 04:40 AM

hey you should of said canadian with out the s. i got my first DV8 back in feb from here lol

striker12
12-01-2012, 04:42 AM
:D not everyone can afford new balls every month lol

well true there but if you get lucky enough you might beable to do what i do to get money when you get your hair cut tell your mom or dad or who ever dose it for you to pay you.

think you go to a hair cutting place you pay money you have a family do it they pay you lol(thats how i got so many bowling balls)