PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see a homepage here?

The KingPin
11-23-2008, 08:07 PM
So some sites go right to the forums, so I am curious if you all would like to see a homepage where you will see new posts, maybe some videos and such? Or if you like it how it is?

ArtVandelay
11-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I think a homepage would be a good thing. It can't hurt, right? Maybe something that will kind of give new people an idea of what the site is intended to be.

Killa Milla
11-24-2008, 09:46 AM
i don't think a home page wouldn't matter. we are still going to post replies either way, besides who knows some people may need a change.

Baroncad
11-24-2008, 11:09 AM
I think a homepage would be a good thing. It can't hurt, right? Maybe something that will kind of give new people an idea of what the site is intended to be.

I agree also. A overview of what the site has to offer, then again most people can purview the site without being a member.

It really comes down to whether the Admin. wants the added task to maintain a Home Page.

ArtVandelay
11-24-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't mean to promote another website, but here's an example of what I think would work as a home page. (http://www.beginnerbikers.org/index.php) I only belong to one other forum, and that's it. Their homepage does a good job giving brief information about the website for new people who stumble onto it. They're a great group of people, LOTS of them state certified rider coaches, and they like to do events where people get together and ride. Information about those kinds of events, and things of the such, are sometimes displayed on the page. It's also kind of neat to have that slogan they have, "Over 1,213 Years and 3,222,500 Miles of experience, and counting!" right under the banner. I'm not sure what we do that can equate to that (those numbers, I believe, are only for the moderators and registered Rider Coaches on the forum. For the most part, I don't think it counts the members. It's an advice site, for beginners looking to learn, and learn properly), but I always thought that was kind of neat.

Once again, didn't mean to promote another website, just wanted to show you an example of something I thought was pretty cool. Plus, I always laugh when I see that picture. The guy in the yellow jacket is a really cool guy, very nice. People are always giving him crap about his high viability gear, saying things like, "It's a hazard to the astronauts, who you're blinding!!!!" hahaha. Fun times.

kev3inp
11-24-2008, 11:20 AM
I agree also. A overview of what the site has to offer, then again most people can purview the site without being a member.

It really comes down to whether the Admin. wants the added task to maintain a Home Page.

I wouldn't mind one either, but as Baroncad says, it can be just more work. I wouldn't put a lot of video on it so it would load quicker, though I'd like to see something that would just take me to the newest posts. Either way, I'm here. It's fun.

Killa Milla
11-24-2008, 11:37 AM
i don't think a home page wouldn't matter. we are still going to post replies either way, besides who knows some people may need a change.