PDA

View Full Version : Blisters

Greenday
11-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Bowled a ton in the past few days. Managed to develop a decent sized blister on my thumb. I'm debating on what to do. I have a tournament on Sunday. I'm not going to bowl again until Sunday. Should I let it heal? Or should I sterilize a needle and poke a very small hole to drain it? Which will make it easier to bowl with on Sunday?

AZBowla
11-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Man that sucks, I hate those....

I say drain it, it should heal faster that way. I hate doing that myself though, I'm a big baby when it comes to pain. Then tape your thumb up on Sunday to prevent a new one from forming and messing up your game during the tournament.

Argh, blisters... I've got a couple too from last week's 18 game marathon practice session. Fortunately I was able to let them heal up this week - I'll probably go do some more bowling this weekend with the kids, but it won't be a 4 hour session this time lol...

Davec13
11-29-2012, 05:07 PM
I'd say drain it too. You could either tape it or use some new skin to keep it sealed for the tourney.

Zothen
11-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Drain it! Then cover it til saturday and see how it is.

Zothen

Rdmonster
11-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Drain..... Antibiotic ointment at the whole you drain it from. A small piece of gauze held on by tape or a bandaid for cushioning...or
Leave it be..... Still cushion it and wrap it...

The worry for me about draining blisters is the skin becomes loose over the blister and can tear if not cared for.

Either way you should be fine by Sunday!! Good Luck.

Brother_jd
11-29-2012, 08:32 PM
New Skin works wonders.

Greenday
11-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Drained it last night. Put a bandaid on with neosporin and went to sleep. Today? Can't even tell that I ever had a blister. Not even tender to the touch. I feel like I could bowl today.

AZBowla
11-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Drained it last night. Put a bandaid on with neosporin and went to sleep. Today? Can't even tell that I ever had a blister. Not even tender to the touch. I feel like I could bowl today.

Nice! You're lucky, mine last for a week and then I go bowling again and start the process all over again lol!

Greenday
11-30-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm still going to just wait until my tournament Sunday. And when I do bowl, I'm throwing new skin on it to protect it anyway.