PDA

View Full Version : AZBowla's score (and Gavin's, the 5 year old future PBA star)

AZBowla
12-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Took Gavin out for some bowling today, and did fairly well myself, scoring a 211 in game 2...
http://www.bowlingboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=712&d=1354420684

75lockwood
12-02-2012, 09:41 AM
GO Gavin!

for 7 years old he's doing awesome! (not to shabby yourself ;))

Mike White
12-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Did you not show the 4th game because the kid whooped you?

AZBowla
12-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Did you not show the 4th game because the kid whooped you?

LOL, funny thing is if we were using handicaps, he would have beaten me in game 3 and 4! I'll post the second page of scores a little bit later - have to take a picture of it.

Brother_jd
12-03-2012, 02:14 AM
Was he using bumpers? Not meant as disrespectful.

noeymc
12-03-2012, 07:42 AM
good for him get that kid a coach and start working on his pba dreams =D

AZBowla
12-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Was he using bumpers? Not meant as disrespectful.

Yeah he uses bumpers. We told him that once he can bowl without 'em we'll get him his own ball, so he's looking forward to that.

good for him get that kid a coach and start working on his pba dreams =D

That's the plan - the retirement plan that is - lol! He really likes it now but that's because it's easy - with the bumpers up, he can't miss. We'll see what he thinks of it after the bumpers come down. :D

Brother_jd
12-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Yeah he uses bumpers. We told him that once he can bowl without 'em we'll get him his own ball, so he's looking forward to that.

Cool, My 5 and 6 year old are in a league that uses bumpers. Their averages are 62 and 73. I need to get some video of them bowling and throw it up on here.

AZBowla
12-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Cool, My 5 and 6 year old are in a league that uses bumpers. Their averages are 62 and 73. I need to get some video of them bowling and throw it up on here.

I would LOVE to find a youth bumper league out here for both him and my 6 year old daughter (Gavin's my stepson) where they could get their own ball at the end of it. I've been looking and haven't found any yet though. If anyone in the Phoenix area knows of such a league, please let me know! I'd really like to get them both into the sport, especially Gavin, he's showing a real interest in it.

Brother_jd
12-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I would LOVE to find a youth bumper league out here for both him and my 6 year old daughter (Gavin's my stepson) where they could get their own ball at the end of it. I've been looking and haven't found any yet though. If anyone in the Phoenix area knows of such a league, please let me know! I'd really like to get them both into the sport, especially Gavin, he's showing a real interest in it.

Do you have access to Luke AFB? The league my kids are in is an an AFB.

AZBowla
12-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Do you have access to Luke AFB? The league my kids are in is an an AFB.

No I don't, unfortunately, other than days when the base is open to the public which isn't very often these days.

I'll have to check what upcoming leagues are happening at the two centers I frequent. I would love to see one start up near me, that would make it even easier to go.