PDA

View Full Version : Greenday's Scores

Greenday
12-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Wednesday night, 11/28/12, I bowled 192, 214, and 190 for a 596 series. Was so mad I didn't get the 600. Spared the 9th frame of the last game, then I had a 6/ 6. So pathetic in that 10th frame.

Today, I had another No Tap Tournament with 80% handicap. Bowled a 199 and a 198 my first two games. First game I couldn't handle the oil. It wasn't heavy oil. It was flooded oil. Then I got plagued with a couple splits in my second game. Then the third game, after enough oil had been taken off the lanes to make it more medium oil, I bowled a 300. Eight real strikes and four nine-strikes. I missed the top four by about 40 pins. On the bright side, they had a side prize for the top two handicap series for people with under a 175 average (I have a 172). I beat the second place person by over 100 pins. Won $50 ($30 entry fee for three games and lunch).

noeymc
12-02-2012, 03:48 PM
congrats =D

billf
12-02-2012, 06:07 PM
I find it funny how no-tap games are so close to people's normal averages.

Greenday
12-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Well, a 199/198/300 isn't TOO close to my average. But I noticed that no-tap mostly helped the people with higher averages since they always hit the pocket a lot more anyway.

Of the four people I bowled with, only one was any good. Two were just plain awful. One was okay, but had serious balance issues that threw him off. The other was a two finger bowler who was awesome. His 300 game involved 11 actual strikes.

But what I learned was I seriously need a heavy oil ball.

Greenday
12-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Ugh, such an off night. Can't remember my exact first scores, think they were something like 138 and 143. But after downing a few quick beers, I jumped up to a 211. It may have also been me moving to the 10 board from the 5 board. While they normally have a 37' pattern, tonight it felt the oil was deeper as balls weren't breaking so early. Tore it up my third game. One open frame that game and it was a damn dirty split on what looked like a solid pocket shot.

Greenday
12-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Bowled like utter crap today. I wanted to go practice, but then my mom told my step-dad he should go so he went with me. Made me feel like I had to bowl actual games instead of just throwing my strike ball every shot. Then they put me between two families with a bunch of kids. I hate kids. And these kids were basically just throwing the balls down against the lane, slamming the balls down, yelling, etc. The lanes were pretty damn dry. I wanted to go and bowl 4-5 games since it's $1.50 before 1pm on Sundays but I was so utterly pissed off by the end of my second game I just called it quits for the day.

I was going to go again Tuesday, but now I feel like I have to go Monday too to make up for today.

Greenday
12-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Went to my normal practice alleys and they appeared to be having girl's high school teams bowling today. Ended up going to another alleys in another town I prefer not to hang out in but the alleys are nice. Synthetic lanes, nicely oiled. Continued working on my free arm swing and pushing the ball out on my first step instead of second. Felt good today. Only did strike shots the first four games. I've never had so many people just stare at me as I bowl. I was stringing quite a few together. Bowled for score my fifth game but of course, I started getting plagued with big splits which killed my score. Still got a 188 though somehow.

Greenday
12-12-2012, 09:49 PM
League night. First game I was plagued with splits. Got a 146. Embarrassed. Second game, we were behind and with a strike in the ninth, I looked at the other team's anchor and told him I was going to make him work for the win. Three strikes in the tenth to put us up by 13. He got a 9 and JUST missed his spare, letting us win by 4. Finished with a 188 that game. Third game, I chopped a 3-5-6 spare in the first frame, got five strikes in a row, then had three big splits in a row which killed me. Finished with a 178 that game. We should have gotten two games and wood, but in that last game, the one guy who has a 179 average bowled a 220 and one of the women who has a 135 average bowled a 202. Absolutely killed us.

Greenday
12-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Posting from the alley! The rest of my team didn't come this week. I have one sub with a "127" six game average. She didn't bring her ball and is trying to hook a house plastic ball in medium-heavy oil. I personally bowled a 152. Tried playing the outside and I couldn't control my hook. Too strong. Splits. Also just leaving solid pins.

Greenday
12-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Finished with a 152, 169, 188.

List of things that went wrong:

1. I polished my ball yesterday. I thought this would help a lot, seeing as I don't get much length on my shots. In practice, it helped and I was getting good strikes. But combine this with...

2. Heavy oiled lanes. Didn't expect it. Had trouble getting a consistent hook on those lanes. Once they started to break down, I was doing better.

3. No consistency. When I hit the ten board, magic happened. Otherwise, half the time I'd pull up on my strike shots and miss left.

4. Too much focus on staying behind the ball. I was mainly focused on that the whole night and that might have thrown me off on #3. When I stayed behind the ball, I tended to miss my mark. When I was on top of the ball, I'd hit my mark.

As for the positives, I did get some absolutely beautiful shots in. There were a few where I stayed behind the ball, nailed my mark, and watched it absolutely crush the hell out of the pins. I also had fun with the other team. My spare shooting was back to normal form, crushing all my non-splits and I made my two 3-10 splits with ease impressing a bunch of people. Someone actually said to me that I make it look so easy (cross-laning/picking up that spare) and I could only respond, "It is for me now." I might be the best ten pin shooter in the league.

My substitute kinda had me annoyed. She came without her bowling ball but thought it would be a good idea to sub anyway. She tried to hook her ball on the ten board despite the fact that she was using a house ball on heavy oil. When her husband started helping her, she was doing okay, but still kept missing right since she kept expecting her ball to hook.

Greenday
12-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Took my new Invasion and Tropical Breeze out for a spin. Shot my strikes with the Invasion and spares with the Breeze. 188, 190, 180. Felt REALLY good. The guy that drills my balls really knows what he's doing and it's perfectly drilled for me. This one guy that I regularly see at the alleys watched me and commented that I have a super smooth release. Felt good to hear.

Lanes weren't too oily, but I was throwing from the 37 board, hitting the 15, ball was reaching about the 7 board before it made the turn and slammed into the pocket. That Invasion is nasty.

Greenday
12-31-2012, 03:30 PM
So pissed off. I went to my weekday practice lanes and when I got there, the parking lot was packed. It's never packed so I walked inside to see if the bar was packed for New Years and the bowling alley was having an all day cosmic bowling thing going on. Forget that, I'm not paying $5 a game or whatever ridiculous price alleys charge for that crap. Went to my other lanes nearby and there wasn't many people there thank God. I know they don't oil their lanes until 4pm on weekdays but figured there usually is still some left on there. Asked for a lane that definitely has oil and got put on a lane that hadn't been used today.

Dry as hell. Big problem when I want to practice using my heavy oil ball. Shoot, I ended just using my Tropical Breeze and I had trouble controlling the hook. It was like the lane was completely stripped of all oil and they forgot to put down new oil.

Greenday
01-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Threw some junk games today. I just can't take practice seriously when the lanes are awful. My fourth game I switched to only using my Tropical Breeze and I managed a 211 somehow. My Tropical Breeze, which is drilled for length, was too strong to crosslane and get 10-pins. I also threw it over the 15 board and was standing on the 31 board. Ridiculous. That's where I throw my Frantic from when there is medium oil.

Greenday
01-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Amazing night tonight. During practice, I tried throwing my Invasion over the 15 board but quickly found out that the lanes were absolutely flooded. I finally found the pocket at the end of practice when I started on the 20 board and threw over the 15. That was way too shallow for me, so when the game started, I switched to throwing over the ten board from the 20. Crushed it tonight. A little spare trouble, but overall I was throwing the ball really well. Release was great, very relaxed arm swing, stayed low through my shots. 172, 201, and 180 for a 553 series. Felt like I should have done so much better the way I was rolling the ball, but a few splits here and there killed me.

Greenday
01-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Bowled a few games today and the lanes were dry as hell. Threw over the 20 board, stood on the 42 board. It was like they stripped all oil off the lanes but forgot to lane down even an ounce of oil.

Greenday
01-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Abysmal night. Started out with my Invasion, got my strike ball right by my first frame of the first game. Then all hell broke loose. This one extremely serious guy was bitching about how it was sticky on the approach (Though no one else thought so.). So they came to wipe it down. Then their lane broke and kept dropping pins. Then the guy still claimed that it was sticky and made a different person come and clean it. Took over 15 minutes for this all to happen. By that point, I was no longer loose. Couldn't do anything. Chopped some spares, some pocket 9s. Bowled like a 130. Switched to my Tropical Breeze and that was working much better for me. Still had trouble getting loose through most of the game. It was super close and I needed two strikes and a 8 to win it for my team. Got two strikes and a 9 to close it out (162). Third game I had three opens but finished with a 191. Still felt like an awful game. All night, I felt like no matter which way I hit the pocket, it was a 9. Made the opponent's anchor work for it as I got another two strikes and a 9, meaning he had to get at least two strikes (Which he did).

Greenday
01-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Have't bowled since last Thursday. Felt weird coming in, but I bowled a 191, 204, and a 180 for a 575 series. Missed a 10 pin, a 7 pin, and a split in the third game that killed me. In that last game I had 8 great pocket shots the first eight frames. Was so mad I didn't get a 600 but it was still three good games.

Greenday
01-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Another tough night of bowling. I couldn't stop striking on the left lane but the right lane absolutely hated me. Balls the looked perfect leaving splits. I probably had seven splits in total on that right lane which kept me from getting a 600. Bowled a 174, 201, 181. Not bad considering my average. I was rolling the ball really well but the lanes were stubborn. Very oily tonight. Had trouble with a couple left side spares until I just threw straight at those pins. Came within half an inch of making a 7-10 split in my third game. Converted a 3-6-7 split by cross-laning it and surprised quite a few people with how easy I made it look. Just threw my ball at the 6 pin, hit the side of the 3 pin and launched it straight into the 7 pin. Simple.

Greenday
02-06-2013, 10:19 PM
FINALLY! Had a good night for once. Bowled a couple warm up games before they oiled the lanes up. Then in league, I bowled a 176 with my Invasion. 4 pins over my average but I didn't like how it was rolling so I switched to my Tropical Breeze. Bowled a 235 and a 224 giving me a 635 series! When I hit the seven board, my ball hooked nicely into the pocket crushing it. I missed left a few times, as bad as five boards but the ball when it hit the oil just rolled straight with no hook and just slammed into the pocket, giving me a strike every time. I think next week I'm going to try bowling all three games with the Tropical Breeze since it consistently gives me the best results.

Greenday
02-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Got my Sync drilled today. Threw a couple games with it at the lanes I got it drilled at. Didn't keep track of scores, but I liked it. Lanes weren't really appropriate for such a strong ball. Found a good line with it standing on the 29 board and throwing it over the 13 board. Went and played three games at my practice alley but I only used the Sync twice. Lanes were way too dry. I found the pocket when I stood on the 40 board and threw over the 18-19 board. Had a tough time finding the pocket with my Frantic. 40 board throwing over the 16 board. Third game, I just switched to my plastic ball. Stood on the 24 board and threw over the second arrow(10 board). Was hooking it no problem into the pocket which was scary. Bowled a 178 that game though and made a couple baby splits to impress the group bowling next to me.

Greenday
02-16-2013, 03:30 PM
My dad invited me to the alley where I did my summer league. I averaged 170 there. Today I bowled a 258, 151, and a 186 for a 595. I got a little carried away in the second game making adjustments, switching ball too soon. First game was crazy though. Couldn't stop striking and people all over were watching.

Greenday
02-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Tonight I bowled a 171, 181, and a 214. Not bad for some pretty bad tendinitis in my ankles. They kept popping and it hurt pretty badly. Screwed me up on a few cross-lane shots.

Greenday
03-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Pretty decent night last night. 176, 199, 195 for a 570 series. Oil was a little heavier than normal and I really could have benefited from having a heavy oil ball with me but they are in Reno waiting for me. Just had to pick up the spares and move on.

Greenday
03-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Oh yea. Tonight was a good night. Coming off bowling that incredibly tough patterns all weekend, tonight was pathetically easy going back to a THS. 205, 229, 201 for a 635.

Greenday
04-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Awful ten-pin shooting tonight. 1/5 on my ten pins AND I had a 6-10 where I wrapped the 6 around the 10. Made every single cross-lane shot during practice this morning. For some reason, I kept rolling the ball over the 5th arrow instead of the 4th.

177, 201, 203 for a 581 series. Right where I want to be around. Just should have been making those 10 pins and I would have been around 620.

Greenday
04-17-2013, 09:43 PM
166, 225, and 210 for a 601. That makes it my third 600 this season. Struggled in the first game. Missed a split, chopped a spare in the first. Was trying to play the outside but it was too dry and my ball would bite too early. Moved inside swinging it outside and that worked great.

Greenday
05-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Haven't posted scores in a while. Wednesday night, I used my IQ Tour Pearl for all three games of my cash league. 212, 185, 222 for a 619. Felt like a great night.

Judy clemons
05-31-2013, 06:34 PM
great series Greenday ! good bowling. I guess your tour pearl is a keeper and not up for sale! that's okay just remember to
spare me some strikes, please? HAPPY BOWLING PIN PAL!

Greenday
05-31-2013, 09:53 PM
great series Greenday ! good bowling. I guess your tour pearl is a keeper and not up for sale! that's okay just remember to
spare me some strikes, please? HAPPY BOWLING PIN PAL!

It's amazing how much my game has changed. I have a more powerful shot, even though it's still not as fast as I want it. Spare shooting on the right side is still hurting me. Not consistent enough.

Greenday
06-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Tuesday 6/5/13 - 216, 180, 178, 202 for a 776 four game set (196 average). Second game, struggled to get strikes. Third game, I was doing well, then in the eighth frame I had a pocket 7-10 split and in the ninth frame I had a high 6-7-10. Last game, moved my target at the arrow two boards in and my ball was getting the length I needed.

Wednesday 6/6/13 - 181, 181, 204 for a 566 series (188.7 average). Slightly disappointed with the first two games. Made the same move I did last night and it worked. Lanes were drier than usual. Heard something about the oiling machine not getting enough oil in it. Just glad I'm being a lot more consistent, throwing the ball a lot better, and not bowling any more crap games during league. I hate it on those nights where I bowl two great games and one crap game. The one crap game ruins the night and makes the two good games worthless.

Greenday
06-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Tuesday 6/11/13 - 160, 278, 201, 200 for a 839 four game set (209.75 average). Very frustrating night. First to throw a practice ball, lane blacked out. We wait...and wait...and wait...Finally they tell us to switch to lanes 9 and 10. We walk all the way down the alley (We were on 31-32) and they have my ball waiting for me there. The freaking lane chipped my IQ Tour Pearl between the finger holes. Unbelievable. I brought it to the front desk and told the guy what happened. He said to leave it with them and they'd fix it. We didn't get any practice time because of the wait and the move. I had trouble figuring out the lanes. Normally I play a straight down and in approach but the lanes were lighter oil. Moved a board in at the arrows, bounced it outside and I finally started finding the pocket.

Second game, I get strikes in the first four frames and that's when I knew I had something special going on. Fifth strike, I felt like this would definitely be my first 300. My teammates stopped talking to me, but then the chatty guy on the other team started talking to me about 300s and stuff (What a douche). Strike, strike, strike. Eight down. Ninth frame, I miss inside and my Frantic just didn't hold enough. Hit super high pocket and left the 4-7. I wanted to cry. Picked it up, struck out in the tenth for that 278. I felt devastated.

Greenday
06-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Wednesday 6/12/13 - 193, 248, 173 for a 612. Another night on the right path. The sad part is I felt I was rolling the ball better in the third game than the first. Again felt like I could have done so much better but as my coach said, I need to take this into perspective. I'm averaging upper 190s and I decided to take bowling seriously about eight months ago. That's very impressive as it is and I need to be proud of how far I've come in such a short time.

Greenday
07-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Haven't posted on this thread lately.

Tough night Tuesday. No matter what line I played, I wasn't getting strikes.

Tonight? 225, 225, 225. Brings my average in my doubles league to 201.5. I did it! Got my average over 200!