PDA

View Full Version : Ball rolling over thumb hole.

ztbowler15
12-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Today i was at the bowling alley and i pulled out my IQ tour. Every time i throw that ball, the track goes right over the middle finger hole, and over the thumb hole. None of my other equipment does this. I threw some polish on it to see if that would help, but nope. Would putting a balance hole in it change the track at all? because every time it goes over the thumb hole it doesn't hook. please helllp me hahaha.

noeymc
12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
pretty sure u gotta change your axis rotation

billf
12-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Zach, has this ball always done this? The normal cause is the layout not matching the bowler's release so the tilt will track the ball too close. Any chance the grips are too loose causing a difference in your release?

GoodGorilla
12-03-2012, 07:21 AM
That sounds like a screwed up layout if none of your other balls do it.

Brother_jd
12-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Would moving a balance hole fix this? Asking for myself because my ball is still tracking over my thumb.

noeymc
12-03-2012, 09:09 PM
i dont think so if u got oil it means it rolling over it in the front 44 ft or so so when it does its normal flip theres no oil balance holes affect reaction

billf
12-03-2012, 11:10 PM
I did see one ball do this due to a broken core.

Tampabaybob
12-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Have the pro shop check the ball and if possible watch you throw a couple of shots. Are your other balls reacting the same way or is this the only one acting like this? If this is your only ball, then it's probably your hand position when you're releasing the ball.

Bob

EboniteKid299
12-04-2012, 12:06 AM
I have this problem as well, it could be a feel thing, in certain balls I can't stay under them because the thumb doesn't feel good like the other stuff and those go over the thumb while others that feel better don't

Tampabaybob
12-04-2012, 04:43 PM
I have this problem as well, it could be a feel thing, in certain balls I can't stay under them because the thumb doesn't feel good like the other stuff and those go over the thumb while others that feel better don't

Again, your pro shop guy is your best bet. Have him check the pitch in the ball that's most comfortable, and then check the others. You may find you'll have to red rill the ones that are different.

Bob

ztbowler15
12-08-2012, 05:45 PM
its only this ball that has ever rolled over the thumb hole for me. And all the holes feel the same to me. the only difference is the layout. Will putting a balance hole in change anything? cause i dont really want to plug the ball up.

noeymc
12-08-2012, 06:01 PM
no a balance hole wont

GeoLes
12-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Today i was at the bowling alley and i pulled out my IQ tour. Every time i throw that ball, the track goes right over the middle finger hole, and over the thumb hole.

Ball rolled over the thumb? That's gotta hurt.!!!! :)

GoodGorilla
12-14-2012, 07:12 AM
You should either get the ball plugged up and re-drilled or try and claim it has a broken core for an exchange.