PDA

View Full Version : changed my starting position video here

noeymc
12-03-2012, 03:48 PM
ok the first part is how i use to hold it the 2nd one is how i been throwing with pretty good results

if u can see all i did was put about 50% of the weight into my left hand and when i do my back swing and everything i hold it in that position

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwIeCt-1eDo&feature=youtu.be

scottymoney
12-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Holding more of the weight in your left hand definitely helps when you get toward the end of your series, far less pressure on your bowling hand. I believe the quote from norm duke was something like "let the left hand do more of the work".

noeymc
12-03-2012, 03:55 PM
ok so i made a ok adjustment? lol i wasn't sure but i been doing it in practice for about 2 weeks and it seems to have helped my strike % went up i just didn't want to make a bad habit

AZBowla
12-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Your dog wants you to throw that big blue ball so he can play fetch, lol... :)

I'll have to post some video later of our little Chihuahua-Daschund mix trying to chase down my big red 15 pound bowling ball. Friggin' hilarious, it's literally 4 pounds heavier than she is. She chases after it until it stops then runs away from it because it's big and scary, lol!

scottymoney
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Yeah basically the adjustment you made was alleviate the pressure of holding onto the ball in your bowling hand by using your off hand to support it. Most people like it after they have tried it.

On another similar note, I taught my wife to pick up the ball with 2 hands from the ball return instead of putting her fingers into the ball before picking it up. You would be surprised on how many people do this, but this also puts a lot of pressure on your bowling hand.

noeymc
12-03-2012, 05:17 PM
My dog has my old 12 pound ball from when I was like 10 lol he loves it and if u grab it he will go after you till u get it

ArtVandelay
12-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Your dog seems enthusiastic about your new technique! hahahaha.

I'm down with the left hand. I've been using it to relieve weight from my right hand since I can remember. I actually start by holding the ball rather low, with my arms pretty much straight with almost no bend at all. Someone gave me a tip a while back that I thought made sense (might be horrible advice, but most would say i'm a horrible bowler! hahaha):
I was told it's a good idea to try to feel the weight of the ball as much as possible. After I'm set up, I swing it in front of me about a foot or two just to feel the weight and as it's coming back, I will start my movement. I've liked that for a while now, but I'm sure there's a reason why you shouldn't do it! hahahaha.

Tampabaybob
12-03-2012, 11:09 PM
try this.....tuck your right elbow in to your waist on your starting position, still holding the weight of the ball in your left hand. Keeping your elbow in will help you keep a straight arm swing. Second, swing the ball ( but don't throw it) and watch your hand position all the way through your swing. In other words actually watch for hand as you're swinging the ball. Your starting hand position in the video where your hand is under the ball and thumb at 1:00 is good. Now swing (and watch) the ball and don't start to rotate your wrist until it's coming past your slide leg. That should give you the best roll on the ball.

Bob

noeymc
12-04-2012, 11:36 PM
o bob i was just trying to show what i changed i keep my body tight when i set up or try to lol and u mean the first one or the 2nd i can do a different video if u need me to

also when u see my holding the ball with hand on the outside that's how i been releasing it is that bad i mean my scores have been better since doing it so not sure

LonelyBowler
12-09-2012, 12:49 AM
It looks like you've made it so your hand is on the outside. So I guess you are going to turn it so the fingers are in the inside?

noeymc
12-09-2012, 02:04 AM
nope i go back and throw it normal just putting the weight in my left hand

Tampabaybob
12-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Ok, let's see a video of you on the lanes.

Bob