PDA

View Full Version : New release (again), hows my form?

AngeloPD
12-04-2012, 12:55 AM
here's a video of me throwing the marauder madness that i won and a plastic ball that my uncle gave me. I recently changed my release like the Joe Slowinski video i've been posting.

Does my form look okay? and what is my rev rate again and style? current ball speed is 15-16mpg. Tips and Critique are appreciated!

Also, the lanes are so dry i couldnt find a line for the dv8 madness

WATCH IT ON 1080p!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1ZGcVcclGbI

Tampabaybob
12-04-2012, 07:05 AM
Overall form looking good. The only thing I would say you should work on is getting your swing closer to your slide foot. Not a great big deal but it could help you a little. Your hand on release is a little further away from your slide foot than I would like to see. Other than that everything looks pretty good.

Bob

Druloco
12-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Pretty much what bob said...it all looks really good you just look a bit stiff at the line when you're releasing the ball. smooth that out and you'll have a pretty release.

AZBowla
12-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Looks a lot better than mine does at the moment! I need to see if I can talk AZBowla's Girl into letting me go practice some more.... :D :D :D

Tampabaybob
12-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Looks a lot better than mine does at the moment! I need to see if I can talk AZBowla's Girl into letting me go practice some more.... :D :D :D

Don't give her flowers.......give her a new bowling ball !!

Bob

AZBowla
12-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Don't give her flowers.......give her a new bowling ball !!

Bob

LOL yeah sure, got a couple hundred bucks I can borrow? :D

Tampabaybob
12-04-2012, 04:46 PM
LOL yeah sure, got a couple hundred bucks I can borrow? :D

LOL......You don't have to go that much !

Bob

AZBowla
12-04-2012, 06:17 PM
LOL......You don't have to go that much !

Bob

I do if I get her the one she really wants - the Hammer Taboo. :) Plus drilling, grips, etc.

AZBowla's Girl
12-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Don't forget the bag, the shoes, the wrist guard, the towl, etc....LOL ;)

LonelyBowler
12-09-2012, 12:59 AM
It looks like you are muscling the ball up in the back swing, I would just let the ball drop and let it swing.

AngeloPD
12-09-2012, 03:17 AM
It looks like you are muscling the ball up in the back swing, I would just let the ball drop and let it swing.
yes i would have to muscle the ball up to get that high based on where my ball is at the starting position

billf
12-09-2012, 09:11 AM
That looks so much better than before and if you remember, I liked your bowling before too. From what I can tell from this angle, your timing is correct where Mark Baker takes it at. However, as Bob said, if you could get the ball off your hand a split second sooner it would be smoother and you would lose that thump when it hits the lane. Looking good over all so keep up the hard work.

AngeloPD
12-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Thanks bill, yes im going to practice that net time. probably the only think i need to work on?