PDA

View Full Version : Missy's memo

onefrombills
11-26-2008, 09:43 PM
With the one week hiatus of the Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour, there was time for some rest, relaxation and recapping of the 50th anniversary season of the PBA Tour thus far.
Through five events of the PBA Tour season, Norm Duke is currently atop the season earnings list with $56,920, while Bill O’Neill leads in the average category with a 226.67 average over 169 games. The Player of the Year race is proving to once again be close, as Duke currently leads with 24 points over Walter Ray Williams Jr. and O’Neill who both have 20 points. Thus far it is young gun standout O’Neill who is taking over the spotlight on Sundays with the most TV appearances (3) for the 2008-2009 season.
In the PBA Women’s Series, it is Michelle Feldman who is currently atop the point leaders after capturing the Chameleon Championship and finishing runner-up in the Pepsi Viper Championship to Stefanie Nation. Both players have already qualified for the PBA Women’s Series Showdown presented by USBC, which was recently announced by the PBA. All six winners of the PBA Women’s Series tournaments will come back for a special televised event. Stay tuned for more details.
The Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour also saw the PBA Senior players compete on TV for the first time since 2001, as dancing funny-man Timothy Kauble defeated Hugh Miller 235-185 to clinch the Senior Lake County Indiana Golden Anniversary Championship in Hammond, Ind.
The Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour has already had events in both the Versatility and Extreme Swings.
The Extreme Swing is comprised of five events which debuted with the Ultimate Scoring Championship this past weekend. The other events include: the GEICO Plastic Ball Championship, GoRVing Match play Championship, Don Johnson Buckeye State Eliminator Championship and the Etonic Marathon Championship.
There will be a separate points list awarded for the Extreme Swing, with the top eight in points receiving an automatic invitation to the Six Flags Summer Series, which will be held during the summer in 2009 at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, N.J. Mike Wolfe currently sits atop the point leaders in the Extreme Swing after winning the Ultimate Scoring Championship this past weekend.
The Versatility Swing is also already underway as Brad Angelo captured the Pepsi Viper Championship and Mike Machuga clinched the Chameleon Championship. The other events included in the versatility swing are the CLR Carmen Salvino Scorpion Championship (which gets underway this week), Cheetah Championship, Lumber Liquidators Shark Championship and Earl Anthony Medford Classic. There will also be a separate points list for the versatility swing. Be sure to check out these special point lists on pba.com as the season progresses.
That recaps the start of the 50th anniversary season of the PBA Tour.
As far as rest and relaxation goes, I did manage to enjoy the sunny Southern California 80 degree weather by hanging out at my favorite surf location, surf city USA - Huntington Beach. I also got to meet up with a few of my international friends who happened to be flying through the L.A. area while on the way back home from the QubicaAMF Bowling World Cup.
My time home was also spent celebrating Thanksgiving early with my family and friends. We enjoyed a complete turkey dinner with all of the trimmings with my personal favorite – pumpkin pie for dessert.
I even managed to visit the famous mouse (a couple times) and won a mixed doubles tournament with my best friend, Scott Norton. It was absolutely amazing to watch him bowl the qualifying round as he shot 300, 246, 300, 300 for games 4-7 of the nine game block and averaged 248 for the entire tournament.
With the week off complete, the PBA Tour is back on the road this holiday week with the CLR Carmen Salvino Scorpion Championship in Vernon Hills, Ill. Be sure to check out the action!
For more on my week at home, complete with pictures and videos, check out www.missybellinder.com/missysblog.