PDA

View Full Version : December Uzelac Classic Finals Video

UBowling
12-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Here is a video of the final match of the December Uzelac Classic bowling tournament. Please watch and let me know what you think. Let me know what you like, what you don't like in the video. Good feedback helps us make better videos.

http://youtu.be/lt7q8HGrRMc

Thanks!

Perrin
12-07-2012, 03:16 PM
I noticed on a few of the spare shots later in the game that the sound changed. I preferred the sound at those times over the muted sounds in the rest of the video. Liked The change in viewing angle as well, it made it easier to see the ball reaction.

Overall good video.

Maybe add a short intro as to what balls the bowlers are using?

AZBowla
12-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Poor Marcia! I can relate to games like that where you can't seem to buy a strike no matter what you do, meanwhile your opponent is throwing strikes and picking up spares like they're nothing. At least she finally got a strike in the tenth :)

Also, has anyone else noticed that women seem to have a more fluid and graceful form than their male counterparts? I don't know what it is, but I've noticed this is common among most female bowlers (including my lovely GF) that they just have an almost intangible "something" about the way they throw the ball that looks so much better than us guys who, by comparison, seem to just chuck the ball down the lane as hard as we can.

As always I enjoy these videos, I wish our local ABT did something like this. Keep 'em coming!

billf
12-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Also, has anyone else noticed that women seem to have a more fluid and graceful form than their male counterparts? I don't know what it is, but I've noticed this is common among most female bowlers (including my lovely GF) that they just have an almost intangible "something" about the way they throw the ball that looks so much better than us guys who, by comparison, seem to just chuck the ball down the lane as hard as we can.

Most females are use to not being able to over power everything so they use form. Males on the other hand, are taught from birth to muscle everything, cave man mentality. Anything that involves finesse over brawn the females usually do better than the men.

billf
12-07-2012, 07:34 PM
I liked it. How about a little intro of the bowlers and maybe a quick interview where they describe their style and equipment they plan to use?

ArtVandelay
12-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Great video! I'm no video expert so I don't know how to tell you to improve the video editing. I think it was fine. Perhaps multiple camera angles would be better IF that's possible. I will say the music was a bit dramatic. And that's FINE, but if you're going for dramatic, I say own it!!! hahahahaha. Go for corny. Go for something so dramatic it's funny. OR, you could just go with this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCA-edcGsO4) (couldn't resist. Always go with the jazz ensemble over a studio recording).

Wasn't there a stand up comedy about that once? Something about women are like a Ferrari (built for looks and speed) and men are like trucks (nothing special to look at, but durable and we can get the job done).

UBowling
12-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Most of the good women bowlers I know are very smooth. Maybe it is the lack of power that forces a more smooth style. On the other side all of the best male bowlers I know are big power players who impart a lot of force on the ball. They are pretty smooth as well, but definitely powerful.

75lockwood
12-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Great Video, i like the score updates :D