PDA

View Full Version : Early read and BIG HOOK!

sportshot
12-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Ball Specs:
Motiv Raptor Talon
Solid Reactive
2000 Grit Sanded
Ball Specs:Asymmetric Core
Layout 65x4.5x75 (no balance hole)

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 5 Over 3/4 up
Rev Rate 275. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18
Review:
The New Motiv Raptor Talon is hook in a box. My Raptor P7’s hook a bunch, but the Talon is 3-5 boards more. The main difference I see is that the Talon reads the lane much sooner than the P7 but keeps the same backend move. Some balls that read too quickly burn out and don’t have enough “fuel” in them to hit. The Raptor Talon does not seem to have this problem. That being said you will need head oil for this ball to perform its best. We have also found this ball works well with pin up or pin down drillings. I used the Talon on some flat Kegel patterns and it seemed to love the longer patterns as long as I went up the boards. This is a nice addition to the Motiv line and with the biggest hook rate given by Bowling this Month magazine you can’t go wrong if you are looking for hook.
The hit and pin carry of this ball is very strong. The Talon even carries light hits nicely. This is probably due to the backend this ball has. The backend is strong for a dull ball that reads the pattern early. The Raptor Talon is the top of the hook chart for Motiv and may be the strongest ball in production at this time. This ball is predictable as most dull balls are, and is made for heavy oil. Sport shots will be made easier by using the Raptor Talon. The ball has a great logo and color. This color was used on the first Primal and looks even meaner on the Talon.
Summary:
Early read with strong backend motion.
Excellent hit and carry, even on light hits.
A great ball for heavy oil.
Another nice addition to the Motiv lineup.
This is a great piece to have if you bowl on wet lanes or tournaments with longer patterns.
Glenn
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Turbo Staff
Video Link – http://youtu.be/E1FLMZOSDfo

Sportshot64@comcast.net
www.motivbowling.com

PBA Member
Motiv Staff Member
Turbo Staff Member