PDA

View Full Version : Bowled a 9 pin no tap tourney tonight

Brother_jd
12-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Shot 255-213-248= 716. Won second place. Got 98 bucks. Threw 2 bad shots all night. 9th frame in the second game and 7th frame in the last game after i threw the first six.

e-tank
12-15-2012, 12:44 PM
good job!

my sunday night league is 9 pin no nap. Everyone seems to like it and last week 3/4 guys on the other team bowling a 300 or were just a strike away

Greenday
12-15-2012, 12:46 PM
I've been doing no tap tournaments every month lately. They are a lot of fun. VERY tough competition though. They give smaller cash prizes to the people who finish first and second with averages under 175.

75lockwood
12-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Awesome job!

i would love to try a no tap tournament, if i didn't have to deal with 10 pins it would be awesome

serial bowl
12-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Awesome job!

i would love to try a no tap tournament, if i didn't have to deal with 10 pins it would be awesome

I have to agree with you there, I too would love to try a no-tap tournament.
Being a lefty, I am always throwing at that nasty, concrete filled, bolted to the floor 7 pin, LOL.

billf
12-15-2012, 04:34 PM
It took me a few years to bowl well in no-tap games. If you think you only need 9, you will only get 7 or 8.

ArtVandelay
12-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Congrats! Sounds like a halfway decent night! hahaha.

So, I'm not a tournament bowler. What does that mean, "9 pin, no tap?"

billf
12-15-2012, 04:59 PM
9 count on first ball counts as a strike

Greenday
12-15-2012, 07:55 PM
It took me a few years to bowl well in no-tap games. If you think you only need 9, you will only get 7 or 8.

True story. In the games where I bowl 300s, most of my strikes are legit anyway. The rest were wobbly nines.

Brother_jd
01-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Bowled another one tonight. Didnt do very well, shot 577. They threw down Kegel Middle Road and i wasnt very good on this pattern. Wasn't able to get the ball reaction i wanted.

MisterSinister
01-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Bowled another one tonight. Didnt do very well, shot 577. They threw down Kegel Middle Road and i wasnt very good on this pattern. Wasn't able to get the ball reaction i wanted.

Did you know they were going to use Middle Road? That's what stops me from bowling in some tourneys, sometimes they don't say what pattern they will use until the night of the tourney. Have you ever bowled on Middle Road before?

billf
01-05-2013, 09:26 PM
^^^^that's why I bring so many balls to tournaments. Let me know with enough time to run to the bag or car and I'm all set ;)

Brother_jd
01-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Did you know they were going to use Middle Road? That's what stops me from bowling in some tourneys, sometimes they don't say what pattern they will use until the night of the tourney. Have you ever bowled on Middle Road before?

No, I havent bowled on it before that i know of. They always throw down a sport shot for these tourneys. Bill i only have 1 ball currently, still waiting for my Lucid to get here.

MisterSinister
01-06-2013, 12:08 AM
My problem isn't so much not having a ball, it's having the experiance on a pattern. Most sport patterns I wouldn't know the basic plan of attack. The only one I've read up on is Shark, because there is a summer series around here that uses Shark. If the pattern isn't announced, I wouldn't be able to read up on it, and I would be lost when I got there.

billf
01-06-2013, 11:59 AM
I have a copy of the patterns in a binder. Look at them on the kegel website. The graphs show where the oil line is. Once you have an understanding of your individual style, you can be real close to determining your starting position from there.
With a limited ball arsenal, play as straight as possible.

MisterSinister
01-06-2013, 12:10 PM
I have a copy of the patterns in a binder. Look at them on the kegel website. The graphs show where the oil line is. Once you have an understanding of your individual style, you can be real close to determining your starting position from there.
With a limited ball arsenal, play as straight as possible.

That's a good idea, if I ever get my game sorted out, and I'm ready for tournaments, and sport patterns maybe I'll do that.

xthe_charismatic_enigmax
01-06-2013, 11:28 PM

I just bowled on the Middle Road pattern over New Years and shot 602 and 577, in a no-tap tourney. After I said I donated $15, I moved three boards right from where I normally start and threw a natural 243. I start one dot to the right of the middle dots.

Brother_jd
01-07-2013, 06:43 PM
I just bowled on the Middle Road pattern over New Years and shot 602 and 577, in a no-tap tourney. After I said I donated $15, I moved three boards right from where I normally start and threw a natural 243. I start one dot to the right of the middle dots.

That is my normal line also, start with feet on 15 throw over 5-7 and it works on the house shot we bowl on. i started there for the night and had to move my feet right 4 boards and my target to the 3-4 board. I couldnt get a consistent reaction with the the !Q. One shot it would smash the pocket the next shot over the exact same line would either hook too much and leave a split or end up light and get an 8 count. A couple of times i carried on bad shots but not enough.

GeoLes
01-08-2013, 04:50 PM
I just leaned about no-tap. If they would just relax the rules to cover gutter balls, I could roll a perfect game.

xthe_charismatic_enigmax
01-09-2013, 10:15 AM
That is my normal line also, start with feet on 15 throw over 5-7 and it works on the house shot we bowl on. i started there for the night and had to move my feet right 4 boards and my target to the 3-4 board. I couldnt get a consistent reaction with the the !Q. One shot it would smash the pocket the next shot over the exact same line would either hook too much and leave a split or end up light and get an 8 count. A couple of times i carried on bad shots but not enough.

Yeah. I had a range of about a board in either direction..but if I missed, it was a bucket or a split.

Big Nick
01-09-2013, 10:33 AM
My wife and I bowled in a 9 pin no-tap sweeper on New Years Eve and had a blast. I bowled the highest series out of all the men there with a 717. I was on track to bowl a 300 in the second game, but I threw it through the head pin and left the big four on the first ball of the 10th frame. Still shot a 260 that game, though. Going in, I thought it would be easy to get a nine count on every shot, but it was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. Like bill said, once you start shooting for nine, you'll only get seven or eight.