PDA

View Full Version : Motiv Raptor Talon Ball review and videos

MattyG3535
12-19-2012, 08:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdWipbdPe1E
My info is in the Video
The Raptor Talon is a more aggressive version of the Raptor. It uses the same core but the cover is like having sheetrock screws drilled into the track. The ball will not cover the whole lane, unless it is covered in oil, but it reads SO HARD. There are basically only a few times you can use a ball this strong. My fear is that bowlers will buy this ball and say it isn't great when they throw it on lower volumes and don't see it cover 40 boards. I found it to be very aggressive in the fronts. On sport conditions where my benchmark (Track 716T) was washing out, the Talon was going through the face. The further left I moved the further left I had to move my breakpoint as to retain enough energy. On the wrong conditions you WILL NOT like the reaction of this ball. On the house shot I was surprised how this ball worked. Almost the opposite of what I thought. I started a little deeper and used my regular release. Game 1 was nothing special. As the lanes transitioned and some carry down from the other bowlers got in front of me, the Talon went on the hunt. I had as much as 5 boards at the breakpoint once the lanes changed. Others were getting skid and washouts and I had the whole lane. I only added a little tilt to my release to clear the very front of the lane and the Talon did the rest.
If you TRULY bowl on heavy oil this ball cannot be beat! You just have to be honest with yourself or you will not like this ball. Truly a great piece of equipment in the right hands on the right conditions.
There are 2 videos if you check the Youtube Channel.