PDA

View Full Version : Hoiday break for league, so time for a total overhaul

GeoLes
12-19-2012, 09:14 AM
No league bowling until 2013. Now is the time to pull out those Slowinski drills and rebuild the fundamentals again. The nice thing about this time is that there is no bowling for scores. I figure if I do one or two games of specific focued drill every day, I will be ready for 2013 - Bowlers' version of New Years' Resolution.

scottymoney
12-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Good Luck, I am in the same boat although I am going to take the next couple of weeks to just have fun and not try to fix or retrain anything.

This will be mainly family and friends bowling time during the holiday.

GeoLes
12-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Family and friends above bowling? I believe your prioritiies are skewed.

ArtVandelay
12-19-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm doing the same thing. Trying to figure out a new ball with dramatically different drilling on it. I'm excited! Good luck to ya.

billf
12-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Wow. I bowl the 29th and the 1st. Only one league is skipping the holidays. Just more time to practice. I timed it. Once I'm all moved I will be 2 minutes from the bowling alley and the wife suggested 3 games of practice a night on my way home from work. 3 will turn into at least 6 but I'm all for it!

e-tank
12-19-2012, 11:24 PM
have league this week but off new years eve. Hopefully i get my Too Reckless before then so i can adjust. All of my league members are getting their own stuff for christmas so our team scores should be going up

Perrin
12-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Tomorrow is my last night of bowling till after the new year (3rd) :( But I will have the new ball to find a new line with so may not be an all bad thing :D

e-tank
12-19-2012, 11:37 PM
luckily its not that long. I was thinking about joining a second league to last me through the spring. You get a pitcher of beer and a pizza each week so its pretty appealing!

scottymoney
12-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Family and friends above bowling? I believe your prioritiies are skewed.

Sorry my sentence should have read "bowling with family and friends". Priorities skewed slightly for the holidays! ;)

Every new years day back as far as I can remember my extended family on my moms side gets together and bowls new years day before we go back to someone's house for food. It is a great family tradition and this year I am adding the first annual tournament. Just a 3 game handicapped bowl off. Singles winner and a blind draw doubles winner.

GeoLes
12-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Well, you guys must really have a ball (pin intended :) )

MisterSinister
12-20-2012, 01:32 PM
No break fo me, we roll right through the hollidays. Plus I have a tourney coming up. I may be bowling more the next 2 weeks.

Rdmonster
12-23-2012, 09:05 PM
We have the day after Christmas off. I hope I get the Hellraiser but I don't know about that......I was also off last week because I had to work...I need to practice.

SSG
12-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Its always nice to have a little time away to break up the monotomy of the long season. Although i do look forward to coming back to bowling in the new year.

Tampabaybob
12-26-2012, 07:45 AM
It is a long season. I look forward towards the end just for the break, but a couple of weeks later, I'm itching to get going again. This year my league didn't take a break and all of a sudden my team is on a roll. In the last there weeks we went from 18th place to 1st ! This league bowls in 4 quarters, so we have two weeks left plus the position round to get through. $1500.00 for the winner of each quarter plus a spot in the final roll off. Gotta keep my guys on the ball (and I as well) for three more weeks. It's called money in the bank.