PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas!

The German Shepherd
12-24-2012, 07:22 AM
I would like to say Merry Christmas (!!!) to all here on the Boards!

Jay

J Anderson
12-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Thanks Jay!

I too would like to wish everyone here a merry Christmas!

ArtVandelay
12-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Merry Christmas to you, too! And everyone else as well! And a happy new year!

billf
12-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Merry Christmas to all!

Jay, I'm making a birthday cake for desert again this year. My oldest granddaughter shocked me last year when she answered correctly when one of the younger ones asked why a birthday cake.

75lockwood
12-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Politically Correct: Happy Holidays

Screw it: Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

SouthpawTRK
12-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Merry Christmas Jay and all the other awesome members here that make bowlingboards.com my home away from home!

billf
12-24-2012, 11:40 PM
My home away from home is the bowling alley. This forum is my home at home lol

Greenday
12-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Merry Christmas folks!

Or Happy December, 25th, whichever floats your boat.

Was very surprised today. My Storm Tropical Breeze, which wasn't supposed to get in for at least another week or so, had already came in. My mom hid it in a closet which I had vigorously searched for wrapping paper yesterday and couldn't find anything. Didn't even find the ball. It's 15lbs (3oz), Black/Cherry (With a wonderfully strong black cherry scent). AND, my mom bought me the ball spinner billf suggested. I showed it to her like a week ago and did not expect it at all. To top it all off, I got a gift card to the bowling alley I've been practicing at. It's good for bowling AND the bar so I can enjoy both cheap bowling prices AND cheap beer prices!

billf
12-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Merry Christmas folks!

Or Happy December, 25th, whichever floats your boat.

Was very surprised today. My Storm Tropical Breeze, which wasn't supposed to get in for at least another week or so, had already came in. My mom hid it in a closet which I had vigorously searched for wrapping paper yesterday and couldn't find anything. Didn't even find the ball. It's 15lbs (3oz), Black/Cherry (With a wonderfully strong black cherry scent). AND, my mom bought me the ball spinner billf suggested. I showed it to her like a week ago and did not expect it at all. To top it all off, I got a gift card to the bowling alley I've been practicing at. It's good for bowling AND the bar so I can enjoy both cheap bowling prices AND cheap beer prices!

Great day for you! Sounds like your mom is a keeper lol

Greenday
12-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Great day for you! Sounds like your mom is a keeper lol

Yea, my mom is pretty awesome. Once she understood how serious I was about getting good at bowling, she's been really supportive.

MisterSinister
12-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone got a new sphere of desruction under thier tree this moring.

75lockwood
12-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Happy Holidays all!

So, my parents have no clue about bowling, so they gave me a nice gift certificate to the pro shop :D can't wait to go shopping :cool:

Spare ball + either a Storm Natuarl, Roto Grip Shout, or Grenade.... decisions to be made.

Greenday
12-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Just used my ball spinner for the first time. I actually had been busy and hadn't cleaned my Frantic in a while. Just cleaned it and my white towel they gave me now is utterly gross. I feel like I need to clean it again before league tomorrow. Gotta wash the towel first. God that was so much easier and faster than normal. Now I just need to get more sandpaper (The sandpaper it came with goes from 350 to 1200 which is too low as I need less hook.).

billf
12-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Sandpaper or abralon/saiar pads?

Greenday
12-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Sandpaper or abralon/saiar pads?

Either or. Would abralon pads be the better choice?

billf
12-25-2012, 08:48 PM
I like the abralon pads myself. Regular sandpaper has a different grit rating though. What came with your spinner? I thought they came with pads and not sheets of sandpaper.

Greenday
12-25-2012, 09:13 PM
I like the abralon pads myself. Regular sandpaper has a different grit rating though. What came with your spinner? I thought they came with pads and not sheets of sandpaper.

Both. Sandpaper of different grits (320, 400, 600, 800, 1000, and 1200). Two abralon pads (one burgundy and one gray). According to the directions, it goes:

320 grit, 400 grit, burgundy pad, 600 grit, gray pad, 1000 grit, 1200 grit, compound solution, polish solution, slip agent.

My ball is 1500 grit out of the box. Since my balls hooks a lot and too much when the oil breaks down, I feel like taking it down below 1500 grit would be a big mistake.