PDA

View Full Version : Roto Grip Defiant Soul Bowling Ball Video - UBowling.com

UBowling
12-24-2012, 04:21 PM
We have uploaded a short video of the new Roto Grip Defiant Soul. We used the Brunswick Phase 1 sport pattern, it is a 2.4:1 ratio and 36 feet long. This ball is amazing so far. The ball is drilled 45x4"x30. I absolutely LOVE the reaction I get with it. The original Defiant is my favorite ball ever, but this one already has me second guessing. I think this is going to be one of the best balls that Roto Grip has made to date. I hear the Distrubed is just as good, but I wouldn't know. Yet...

Check out the video!

http://youtu.be/44HihLVgOoY

I am hoping to get some more video of others throwing it and of different lane patterns to put together a longer video down the road.

This entire video was filmed and edited on my iPhone 4S.

billf
12-24-2012, 04:49 PM
iPhone? Wow that's good quality for a phone! I like how you filmed different areas of play and the reaction derived from it.
The layout is for a speed dominant player (if my memory serves me correctly) so why did you choose that layout?

UBowling
12-24-2012, 05:06 PM
This layout was actually chosen for me by Hank Boomershine of Storm. He thought it would be a good layout for me. So far I like it, but I don't know if that is more because of the ball itself, or the layout and the ball. I will try the layout on another ball sometime soon and see if it is a good one for me or if it will be specific to a certain type of ball.

billf
12-24-2012, 11:52 PM
I was asking because I chose a 50° X 4 X 30° for my Marauder and love the way it reacts even when my speed drops some. My feeling at the time was that a speed dominant layout would allow me to move easier when my play was rev dominant compared to using a matched or rev dominant layout on nights when my speed was up. Not sure how sound my logic was but it seems to be working.
I also used that same layout for a friend who is a pure stroker with medium revs on his Cyclone and he loves it. It was just a guess though, no real logic to back it up.