PDA

View Full Version : Bowlers' Feedback

UBowling
12-24-2012, 05:32 PM
I would like to get some feedback from all of you bowlers out there. I have a theory that the majority of bowlers who search for information online are bowlers who average between 150-180. I would like to know what the majority of bowlers find important so I can try to make sure that UBowling.com (http://www.ubowling.com) is as appealing as it can be.

So if you could answer the questions below I would appreciate it.

What is your bowling average?
What do you like to know most about new bowling balls?
What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched?
What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you?
What do you struggle with most in your game?
How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game?

Zothen
12-24-2012, 06:40 PM
I think most bowlers are looking for tips on proper hand release,armswing,footing & timing,how to bowl on different lane conditions,etc.

183(THS),150(Sport league)
What lane condition is it for & how much/less hook will it have compared to my arsenal
You get to see how the ball rolls on certain lane conditions
Articles on how to increase your scores
Footing & Timing
$60-$80 or $200-$300 for a seminar

Zothen

Brother_jd
12-24-2012, 08:01 PM

What is your bowling average? Currently 200
What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? How it best fits my style on certain lane conditions
What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? How the ball reacts
What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? I am a bowling ball freak, i just like reading about them
What do you struggle with most in your game? Hitting my mark every time. I also struggle with my realease all the time
How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? 50 bucks[/QUOTE]

75lockwood
12-24-2012, 10:18 PM
What is your bowling average? 166, 153, 161 (3 leagues)

What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? hmmm, being able to compare them to the ball i throw now with my speed, rev rate, and axis rotation on the conditions i play on would be nice :D

What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? I like the videos that show every shot instead of just shots that end in a strike, its a nice way to see how the ball recovers on a bad shot etc. for all i know, those videos of all strikes are 10 of 200 shots...

What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? Still trying to convince someone to get me a subscription to btm..... but i do enjoy the Joe Slowinski's articles

What do you struggle with most in your game? Consistancy + spares! While i like to think i've gotten better, i still miss my mark as much as 3-4 boards..... Spares on the other hand i blame a lot on using my Marauder LOL Christmas should change that :D

How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? Hmmm i would like to pay to become a coach, other than that, if i could find a coach i would be willing to pay $20-50 for a lesson here and there.

SouthpawTRK
12-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the original post Levi! Here's my answers to the questions you posted:

My average is 150.

I like to know the basics; what kind of oil does it work best for, hook potential, core shape, etc...

I like when they show how the ball reacts on THS and sport patterns. I would like to see reviews that cover an entire game by bowlers that have lower averages (sub 200).

I really like articles that focus on technique, form and drills to do when not on the lanes.

What do you struggle with most in your game?
I struggle most with technique, form and consistency.

I am not sure what the going rate is for a lesson; but I would be open to spending $25/lesson (for a 30 minute lesson).

billf
12-24-2012, 11:33 PM
What is your bowling average? 215

What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? What is was designed to do (besides strike)

What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? When they show different styles on the same pattern. Gives quicker knowledge on what to expect before suggesting to somebody.

What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? Technique and human interest. I like learning more about those who have helped shape and/or participate in the sport.

What do you struggle with most in your game? Adjustments

How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? Depends on the coach. I would come up with a way to pay for a lesson with Hank Boomershine or Del Ballard. I would need at least two hours though as the first hour I would be too nervous to bowl correctly. I paid $100 for my seminar/clinic with Ron Hatfield and Andy Parker.

Greenday
12-25-2012, 07:39 PM
What is your bowling average? 174 league average
What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? What lane conditions it really should be used for.
What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? Getting the opinion of how the ball is different from other balls.
What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? I don't read many articles.
What do you struggle with most in your game? Staying behind the ball. (Changing lane conditions was next, but with my new Tropical Breeze, that won't be an issue any longer.)
How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? I currently pay $40 a lesson which generally goes about an hour and a half.

ssclary
12-25-2012, 09:29 PM
170 League Avg

I always go with the color scheme first, don't know enough yet about covers, cores and all the specs

I like watching the different lines the bowlers uses for the same ball. Something I can't do yet

Anything about form, technique and tips.

What do you struggle with most in your game? Being able to put all the little things together to make a good approach, arm swing and finish at the line. Is there any thing else?

I can do 30 - 50 a session.

Perrin
12-26-2012, 12:04 AM
What is your bowling average? 185
What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? RG/Diff and coverstock
What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? when they describe the pattern and the details of the person in the video. PAP/revs/speed etc.
What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? Ones that get into the 'science' of the sport effects of revs and speed on lanes and lines etc.
What do you struggle with most in your game? consistency determining when to make adjustments
How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? depends on the type of lesson

Cochese
12-26-2012, 09:38 AM
What is your bowling average? 165.19
What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? The amount of selection available is almost overwhelming, but it is my favorite thing. Having so many choices means there is something for everyone out there. Just need to find the one for you.
What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? Having different bowlers with different styles throw the same ball. It's impressive to see a cranker really rev one up and go coast to coast, but that doesn't help me. Would like to see someone who's more my style throw the ball the way I do. So having a cranker, a stroker and someone in between throw the same ball is very helpful.
What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? Instructive ones about technique and form. I am more of a visual learner, so reading text about technique doesn't work the best for me, but it is still helpful
What do you struggle with most in your game? Consistency. I Just got back into the game about two months ago after about a 10 year break. Have never took formal lessons. So I am sure I am practicing lots of bad habits.
How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? I would think maybe $50 for an hour session would be fair.

Greenday
12-26-2012, 10:50 AM
What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? Having different bowlers with different styles throw the same ball. It's impressive to see a cranker really rev one up and go coast to coast, but that doesn't help me. Would like to see someone who's more my style throw the ball the way I do. So having a cranker, a stroker and someone in between throw the same ball is very helpful.

I gotta say, this irks me a lot. I feel like the majority of the time I watch videos, it's just some guy throwing fast who cranks it. That's great and all and I don't mind sitting there, watching people throw edited shots of strike after strike, but I bowl ~15mph and I'm a tweener. It doesn't help me to see what a guy throwing a 18mph cranked ball does.

scottymoney
12-26-2012, 02:29 PM
What is your bowling average? 160

What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? I like to see them compared to other balls as well as how they perform for "joe bowler". I don't want to see a pro roll it, or a company rep roll it. I want a normal league bowler to show me what it does. I like to see multiple lines played.

What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? Different lines played.

What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? I like human interest and teaching articles.

What do you struggle with most in your game? Consistency

How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? $50 an hour

UBowling
12-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Thank you for all of the feedback so far, it is great to get these opinions from such a variety of bowlers!

UBowling
12-28-2012, 09:17 PM
How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? Depends on the coach. I would come up with a way to pay for a lesson with Hank Boomershine or Del Ballard. I would need at least two hours though as the first hour I would be too nervous to bowl correctly. I paid $100 for my seminar/clinic with Ron Hatfield and Andy Parker.

Hey Bill I work with Hank a couple times every month. Would you like me to ask him if he will be in your area anytime soon? Or maybe details on getting a video analysis done if you send him a video?

UBowling
12-28-2012, 09:22 PM
I am especially glad to hear the feedback about the bowling videos. We are trying to find better ways to make better videos. Currently the best thing I have come up with is throwing on multiple lane patterns and having multiple people throw the ball. We have some videos coming up where two people throw the same exact ball and because of switch grips it makes it easier to get a comfortable fit for each person.

billf
12-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Hey Bill I work with Hank a couple times every month. Would you like me to ask him if he will be in your area anytime soon? Or maybe details on getting a video analysis done if you send him a video?

That would be awesome. I have the utmost respect for the man and would definitely go if he was anywhere near me in 2013.

billf
12-28-2012, 10:52 PM
I am especially glad to hear the feedback about the bowling videos. We are trying to find better ways to make better videos. Currently the best thing I have come up with is throwing on multiple lane patterns and having multiple people throw the ball. We have some videos coming up where two people throw the same exact ball and because of switch grips it makes it easier to get a comfortable fit for each person.

This can be a bit costly so not an all the time thing BUT how about the same bowler, same pattern, same line but with different layouts? Something like this might really help a lot of bowlers understand how layouts can affect their game and maybe what type of layout would best suit them. Most have no clue where to even start or how to describe what reaction they really want to their driller.

e-tank
12-28-2012, 11:05 PM
What is your bowling average? 151
What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? how they perform on THS
What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? They show diff bowlers with different styles
What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? Articles that put things in laymans terms instead of throwing a bunch of numbers at me
What do you struggle with most in your game? Consistency
How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? idk what typical pay is but prob 10$ a lesson

75lockwood
12-29-2012, 12:33 AM
This can be a bit costly so not an all the time thing BUT how about the same bowler, same pattern, same line but with different layouts? Something like this might really help a lot of bowlers understand how layouts can affect their game and maybe what type of layout would best suit them. Most have no clue where to even start or how to describe what reaction they really want to their driller.

just throwing this out there, why not one bowler, all styles? find some super ninja bowler that can vary revs, speed, etc to the extreme!

billf
12-29-2012, 08:28 AM
How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? idk what typical pay is but prob 10$ a lesson

You are only willing to pay a professional that has spent time and money honing their craft $10 an hour? Plus you're in the most expensive state in the lower 48. There's an old saying that comes to mind: you get what you pay for. The average in your area is $70. I'm the lowest I know of at $25 for 90 minutes but I'm also in an area that has 18% unemployment and the average hourly wage is $12/hour.

Hammer
12-29-2012, 10:23 AM
I would like to get some feedback from all of you bowlers out there. I have a theory that the majority of bowlers who search for information online are bowlers who average between 150-180. I would like to know what the majority of bowlers find important so I can try to make sure that UBowling.com (http://www.ubowling.com) is as appealing as it can be.

So if you could answer the questions below I would appreciate it.

What is your bowling average? 165

What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? How they work on THS pattern and my style of bowling.

What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? See how they work for a stroker, tweener and a cranker.

What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? Anything that goes from the approach to the release. Any little thing that I can find in those types of articles
that can help me out.

What do you struggle with most in your game? Adjusting to oil breakdown. Sometimes I just can't find the pocket once I lose it no matter how I adjust on a THS pattern.

How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? $35.00 for an hour

Rdmonster
12-29-2012, 02:29 PM
What is your bowling average? My league average is 150....when I bowl for fun it's maybe 10 or 15 pins higher

What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? The color schemes...really....a ball from most manufacturers for a bowler of my level are probably similar if they are designed for similar conditions and I always do better (golf,disc golf,bowling etc.) with equipment I'm digging.

What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? How the ball works with different bowling styles and different drilling patterns.

What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? Articles on technique that are not full of bowling lingo.(Example...aimed over 30 board for this breakpoint)...I know what it means it just doesnt read well to me and I wouldnt aim like those guys anyway probably)

What do you struggle with most in your game? Consitant release and adjusting to the proper mark...of all those the release hurts my scores the most.

How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? I'm so broke I couldnt get out of sight if it took a quarter to go around the world.....but I's probably throw 50 bucks at a coach if they could give me 20 pins on my average!!!

MisterSinister
12-31-2012, 01:20 PM
What is your bowling average? 182 (on the way down :()
What do you like to know most about new bowling balls? Conditions the ball works best on. I don't want to see every single reaction video of the ball being thrown on a house pattern.
What do you like best about the bowling ball review videos you have watched? Watching breakpoints, recovery, how it goes through the pins.
What kind of bowling articles are most entertaining for you? Ones that encourage bowlers to be who they are, rather than change thier whole game, but there aren't a lot of those out there.
What do you struggle with most in your game? Consistancy. One night I'm lights out, other night it's like someone turned the lights out, and I'm bowling blind.
How much would you be willing to pay for lessons to improve your game? If I had to pay, $35-$40 for an hour. Can't get that around here though, it's $50 for an hour everywhere I look. Thankfully I have a buddy who is very good and gives me lessons for free.

e-tank
12-31-2012, 01:27 PM
You are only willing to pay a professional that has spent time and money honing their craft $10 an hour? Plus you're in the most expensive state in the lower 48. There's an old saying that comes to mind: you get what you pay for. The average in your area is $70. I'm the lowest I know of at $25 for 90 minutes but I'm also in an area that has 18% unemployment and the average hourly wage is $12/hour.

It was just a number i threw out there with no ability of being accurate as i know nothing about the rates.

billf
12-31-2012, 09:21 PM
It was just a number i threw out there with no ability of being accurate as i know nothing about the rates.

No problem. I understand. It would be like me thinking I could get a personal trainer for $8 an hour. Wishful thinking that ain't happening lol

e-tank
12-31-2012, 10:03 PM
No problem. I understand. It would be like me thinking I could get a personal trainer for $8 an hour. Wishful thinking that ain't happening lol

haha thats the pay for them at chain gyms. But i see your point i really just didnt take the question that serious

billf
12-31-2012, 11:59 PM
Chain gyms don't have real personal trainers. They have adult baby sitters while the yuppies struggle with 5 lbs weights

e-tank
01-01-2013, 01:31 AM
when why theyre paid min wage :)