PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Slingshot to replace Storm Ice for spares?

steven408
12-26-2012, 07:38 PM
So i currently use a taboo jet black for stikes and storm ice for spares... i wanted to pick up a slingshot for dry lanes due to the recommendations of everyone here, would i be able to easily replace my storm ice to shoot spares with slingshot?

billf
12-26-2012, 07:44 PM
The Slingshot has a little more hook potential but not a bunch. It should be an easy swap. Why not use the Ice for dry lanes? Afterall, it is what it was made for.

Zothen
12-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Slingshot is a great ball for dry and is a good ball for spares due to low hook.

Zothen

75lockwood
12-26-2012, 11:17 PM
the best ball for spares is a plastic ball, its simple as that. the slingshot isn't all that weak, its a low performance ball, but its still meant to hook. use the ice as your spare ball, and slingshot for med to dry lanes. using a spare ball on dry lanes works but isn't the best because they don't hit all that hard

Brother_jd
12-27-2012, 12:39 AM
the best ball for spares is a plastic ball, its simple as that. the slingshot isn't all that weak, its a low performance ball, but its still meant to hook. use the ice as your spare ball, and slingshot for med to dry lanes. using a spare ball on dry lanes works but isn't the best because they don't hit all that hard

Bill posted a video of him using the Ice and i would say it hit fairly hard.

75lockwood
12-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Bill posted a video of him using the Ice and i would say it hit fairly hard.

I'm not saying you can't do amazing with plastic, but look at the facts, back before reactive resin there were what? 5000 sanctioned 300's a year, now there are 30,000+ its simple the new bowling technology is designed to hit harder, can a pro bowler still throw a great game? of course! but when you have the choice, go with resin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCQNqrfOqBc

kev3inp
12-29-2012, 05:18 PM
My slingshot hooks too much for me to use it as a spare ball. I have a nice sparkly blue white dot to miss them with. ;)