PDA

View Full Version : Wrecker Ball Review by Mike Johnston

mikelj1a
12-27-2012, 06:49 PM
I tested my Wrecker on my 39-foot house shot. The 1500 polished Hybrid reactive finish worked well for this condition. I pushed the ball to the dry area to gain some friction.

My Wrecker is drilled with the pin above the fingers with the CG in the palm. I wanted to have a ball that would compliment my Shooting Star and have a nice skid flip reaction. This ball produced about 3-5 inches of flare. The ball skidded nicely through the heads as I played just inside the oil line skidding out to the dryer boards. Once the ball encountered some friction, it revved up nicely and made a pronounced move to the pocket. 
As with all Roto Grip balls, it drove through the pin deck.

The Wrecker has a very predictable reaction, and with the 2.55 RG and .042 differential makes it a great addition for the lower rev medium speed league player who needs the extra length from the polished cover when the lanes begin to breakdown.

What I enjoyed the most about this ball is the late breaking skid flip reaction. It produced a nice dramatic hook to the pocket and devastated the pins. What a fun ball to throw.

The Wrecker is a nice go to ball for the league bowler and is good compliment to the Shatter or the Shooting Star. This ball will make a nice addition to anyone’s arsenal.

Mike Johnston
Roto Grip Staff