PDA

View Full Version : Best Movie Ever???

The KingPin
12-01-2008, 08:50 PM
So let's talk movies.

I have not seen a lot of movies, as I am a comedy and chick flick watcher. I watch chick flicks as they tell a story unlike so many action movies.

But that being said, I like

KingPin
40 year old virgin
Gone in 60 Seconds

What about you?

ArtVandelay
12-01-2008, 10:54 PM
I couldn't give you a favorite if I tried....

Blazing Saddles is up there
Caddyshack
Worlds Fastest Indian (try it. I've never meet anyone who didn't like it)
Cinderella Man
The Usual Suspects
The Godfather trilogy
The Departed

I don't know. Too many.

PSBA10
12-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Funny you should mention KingPin. I missed being in that movie by 10 minutes. Numerous segments were filmed in Butler County. Our Association Manager (then Secretary) was contacted and asked if he could deliver some extras for the movie. When he called me, I was already gone about 10 minutes and didn't get his call. He and several friends were in the movie however. The gentelman presenting the Odor Eaters check to Munsen in the first segment where Munsen beat Big Ern, was our secretary. Several others standing around in that shot were local board members.

I don't know if anyone is aware of this or not, but Brian Voss was Munsen's bowling double. I ended up on the set for a while. During some down time Brian put on a trick shot show. Brian was phenominal. He asked some of us watching to give him pin combinations to shoot for spares. He made everything that was set up. The only time he used 2 balls was for the 7-10.

That movie brings back lots of good memories. Not only watching it being made, but of now departed friends.

onefrombills
12-02-2008, 01:14 AM
Kingpin
SPACEBALLS
Ride, Blood Runner

mozilla
12-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Few of the movies in my Best Movie list are:

Gladiator, Sixth Sense, The Dark Knight, The Day After Tomorrow, Mission Impossible, American Pie and few more.

Cerberus
12-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Well this is really a hard one. I could go on for hours about movies that I love. Though if I have to pick my most favorite of all time; Shawshank Redemption. It is hard to believe that the master of weird, Stephen King, wrote that one. But it is a remarkable take on life. And one of the best movies anyone will ever see. If you have not seen it, I suggest you rent it today. You can not beat it.

NoTapNorm
12-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Best Movie.....

Stripes
The Transporter Series
Will Smith movies (especially MIB)

SCGeckos
12-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Like most people I can't pick though Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Carribean are my fave series...

ArtVandelay
12-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Well this is really a hard one. I could go on for hours about movies that I love. Though if I have to pick my most favorite of all time; Shawshank Redemption. It is hard to believe that the master of weird, Stephen King, wrote that one. But it is a remarkable take on life. And one of the best movies anyone will ever see. If you have not seen it, I suggest you rent it today. You can not beat it.

That IS a great one. One of my favorite sports writers (Bill Simmons) references it all the time. Greatness.

Baroncad
12-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Best Movie?
Like previously stated I couldn't pick one if I tried.

My favorites:
1. John Wayne (Rio Lobo, Quiet Man, Sons of Katie Elder, Chisum, The Shootist, Green Berets,The Searchers and many others)
2. So I married an axe murderer
3. A walk in the clouds
4. Then Thin Man series (1930's-'40's William Powell and Myrna Loy)
5. The Cure
6. Enter the Dragon
7. Reign over me
8. King Arthur (Clive Owen and Keira Knightley)
9. Duck Soup (Marx Brothers)
10. The Patriot (Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger)
11. A Knight's Tale

The KingPin
12-18-2008, 01:34 AM
Funny you should mention KingPin. I missed being in that movie by 10 minutes. Numerous segments were filmed in Butler County. Our Association Manager (then Secretary) was contacted and asked if he could deliver some extras for the movie. When he called me, I was already gone about 10 minutes and didn't get his call. He and several friends were in the movie however. The gentelman presenting the Odor Eaters check to Munsen in the first segment where Munsen beat Big Ern, was our secretary. Several others standing around in that shot were local board members.

I don't know if anyone is aware of this or not, but Brian Voss was Munsen's bowling double. I ended up on the set for a while. During some down time Brian put on a trick shot show. Brian was phenominal. He asked some of us watching to give him pin combinations to shoot for spares. He made everything that was set up. The only time he used 2 balls was for the 7-10.

That movie brings back lots of good memories. Not only watching it being made, but of now departed friends.

WOW great story. That is just great to hear.

Alexander
12-23-2008, 01:12 AM
I am a big fan of Babel - the theater version without the subtitles. Next up: Office Space! The dry humor in this movie is just hilarious, especially when I compare it to my life.

WALL E is also a good movie to watch with your girlfriend :)

Joachim
01-07-2009, 05:38 AM
The dark knight recently became my favorite movie, i was blown away by it and watched it 3 times at the cinema, before that it was fight club

comfortably numb
07-28-2011, 02:55 PM
2 1/2 years since anyone posted to this thread...by the way, The KingPin must have forgot he had already started the exact same thread 7 months earlier LOL...........anyway, since movies are so popular, why not revive this one and list my favorites, which change all the time!!

Favorite movies should be those that, every time they come on TV, you find yourself watching them all over again, for the 13th time, and you never get tired of them. Such as: The Eiger Sanction, The Seven-Ups, Three Days of the Condor, Bullitt, the first two Godfathers, Blazing Saddles, Caddy Shack, Slap Shot, King Pin, Unforgiven, Death Wish, 12 Angry Men, The Dirty Dozen, Titanic, and Weekend at Bernie's!!!

The Mayor
07-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Well the greatest movie ever is The Shawshank Redemption. It is a perfect movie with no flaws. It wins best picture in any other year from 1970 to present day (with the exception of Schindler's List maybe), but Forrest Gump was also an amazing movie. Amazing that Pulp Fiction was also released in '94. Another movie that would've won in many years.

Some other of my favorites: Lost In Translation, The Wizard of Oz, Se7en, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Driving Miss Daisy, Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby, The Jacket, Dummy, The Pianist, 25th Hour, American History X.. and many more..

comfortably numb
07-28-2011, 04:27 PM
The Shawshank Redemption....thanks, Mayor. I was negligent in adding this great movie to my list.

The Mayor
07-28-2011, 04:59 PM
My pleasure!

Trex
07-29-2011, 10:50 PM
The best movie ever Shawshank Redemption...yeah that's it :)

comfortably numb
08-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Trex, with all that free (retirement) time on your hands, you can be the producer; we can get it financed by the Mayor, who is very wealthy, and I volunteer to be "chief cook and bottle washer"!!

Trex
08-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Wouldn't that be cool!! :)