PDA

View Full Version : Better Scores in WINTER or SUMMER!

MICHAEL
12-31-2012, 03:57 PM
Just curious, do you bowl better on league in the Winter, or Summer? I seem to feel better in the summer with all the sunshine and warm weather, but My average is only somewhat better in the summer! In other words about the same! How about all of you???? Winter,,,, or Summer!!

Greenday
12-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Probably the summer. Why? Because I'm wearing shorts and shorts = +20 to scores

americantrotter
12-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Winter, though I am more comfortable in the Summer due to shorts. But the conditions at my alley are so unpredictable in the Summer due to weather, poor upkeep, poor use of the AC, etc........ that I find it too frustrating to change so much every week.

MisterSinister
12-31-2012, 06:21 PM
Winter, though I am more comfortable in the Summer due to shorts.

I wear shorts in the winter too, even in the snow.

BrandonKR
12-31-2012, 06:26 PM
I don't feel any difference. Maybe because I live in Melbourne where the weather is up and down all year.

MICHAEL
12-31-2012, 07:15 PM
Some very good points I didn’t even think of!! I can’t wear shorts, last time I did that at the AMF, all the women came running up to the lanes where I was bowling, many using their cell phones to take pictures!! I have great legs, if you don’t mind a little bow in the right leg!! LOL…. Your right, lanes do have different properties when temperature, and humidity change!! So Its not just a physical comfort thing, and wearing less clothing in the summer/spring! Many wear shorts all winter long,,, we have guys that do it here, in Kansas City, and its 24 degrees at this moment!!

Zothen
12-31-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm equal in terms of bowling,though i'd say winter has slight edge,cause of the length of bowling(35 weeks as oppose to 25 weeks summer).

Zothen

EboniteKid299
12-31-2012, 08:09 PM
Usually I bowl better in the summer for some reason, but it's not because of shorts since I wear shorts year round too, lol

billf
12-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Summer. With my arthritis I get stiffer in the winter.

MisterSinister
12-31-2012, 09:34 PM
I can’t wear shorts, last time I did that at the AMF, all the women came running up to the lanes where I was bowling, many using their cell phones to take pictures!!

I have the same problem, I just welcome it. Come on ladies, take pics, post them on Facebook. However Mrs. Sinister doesn't think it's so nice.

striker12
12-31-2012, 09:52 PM
summer because i wear shorts when i bowl but in the winter i have to wear track pants and when i bowl with track pants on sometimes my pant leg will get in the way of my swing and mess me up but if i wear jeans i will run out of money because i ripo my jeans down the leg every time i wear then so if i ever go to a turnny i alwasy take lots of pants with me.

got_a_300
12-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Usually there is only a pin or two difference between
my summer and fall/winter averages the only thing is
I'm like billf my arthritis/osteoarthritis doesn't bother
me as much in the summer time during bowling as it
does in the fall/winter time.

75lockwood
01-01-2013, 01:31 PM
I Love bowling in the summer, although i don't have any summer leagues (yet) I love riding my bike to the ally for practice

billf
01-01-2013, 02:05 PM
I Love bowling in the summer, although i don't have any summer leagues (yet) I love riding my bike to the ally for practice

I bet that's difficult with a 6 ball roller

75lockwood
01-01-2013, 02:07 PM
I bet that's difficult with a 6 ball roller

Lol, I have a locker that holds 3 balls, and technically i only have 1 ball right now...

i bet i could rig up trailer system... lol

swingset
01-02-2013, 08:18 PM
I bowl better in the summer. Humidity tends to burn the lanes up faster, and I'm better on burnt lanes.

crimsoneyes
01-02-2013, 08:55 PM
I bowled better in the summer. It was a "just for fun" league. My team actually won and i posted high scratch game with a 276 with an average of 179. In the prior winter league (which was my first year bowling) I only averaged 137. This winter I am at 165. The main difference in the summer for me was that it was an entirely different team for me. My brother and my friend made it a lot easier to just have a good time. my winter league team gets too serious which is rediculous since we finished second to last last year and are in last this year. Our team is even called "Off Constantly" since we are always "off" for one and also since we lose everyone beats off constantly.