PDA

View Full Version : Short Video of me Bowling

Rdmonster
01-01-2013, 12:19 AM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/rdmonster/th_IMG_0170_zps2914c9f6.jpg (http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/rdmonster/IMG_0170_zps2914c9f6.mp4)

Hope this works lol.....my backswing looks low to me.....

75lockwood
01-01-2013, 12:22 AM
nope that link is broken lol if its a youtube video just press the icon that looks like a ladder in the reply menu. if not just paste the link

Rdmonster
01-01-2013, 12:27 AM
I'll keep working on it

75lockwood
01-01-2013, 12:29 AM
if its on photobucket copy the direct link

Rdmonster
01-01-2013, 12:31 AM
I'm trying to post from my photobucket account.... I pasted in both links but neither work.....any suggestions

75lockwood
01-01-2013, 12:32 AM
ok i think i got it, i found your photobucket account but its telling me its a private library and i need a password, if you give me the password i think i can get it to work for you

Edit: you got it!

Rdmonster
01-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Looks like it works now....stumbling in the dark for a few...ok....let the advice flow!!

75lockwood
01-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Couple things i noticed right off the bat:

keep your right foot down
your taking a very straight path to the pins, move right, your not getting an optimal entry angle, thus the 7 pin(what ball is that?)
Timing looks alright, perhaps a bit late.
Backswing is low, but not that big of a deal not all of us can be mike fagen lol

ssclary
01-01-2013, 12:47 AM
I can't see the video...Nevermind, found it.

I am not really in a position to evaluate, I don't have that much time under my belt.

It appears your backswing is shallow like mine, I am able to make mine work at that low height.

I will check back and see that the others have to say. Take care

Rdmonster
01-01-2013, 02:27 AM
The ball is a DV8 Marauder.... My timing is probably a little late. earlier I was going over towards the gutter some and had a better entry angle.That game I had a 208.... Series for the day was a touch over 500.

I'll try to keep my foot down....when I put a stopwatch on that it looks like about 17 mph....a little slower might give me more break on the ball.

billf
01-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Speed is fine. That backswing (can that even be called a swing?) is all forced, full of tension. That's the main reason it's so short and throwing off your timing. The elbow bend is also shortening the swing.
The double pump with the ball in the stance seems to be a way you came up with to start at the right time yet delay the pushaway/hinge resulting in more timing issues albeit the backswing makes up for most of the delay.
The first thing you need to work on is freeing up your swing. Stand tall, hold the ball in your hand and just let it swing back and forth. During this drill you will notice the backswing isn't a lot, that's normal. Most of the backswing height comes from the angle the upper body is at during the approach (forward spine tilt and lateral tilt). Stop a video of Fagan or any other pro, tilt the screen until their upper body is straight and then see where their arm is..not as high as it seems.
Once you get the proper height on your swing and release the tension, the ball motion will greatly increase then we can add more (such as DYDS, targeting zones, etc.) but this will take some time to correct. Just keep having a good time.
I know you have had some serious injuries so just disregard anything I say that you just can't physically do and we can work around them.

Rdmonster
01-01-2013, 10:36 AM
I see the double pump you are talking about...I was able to see the elbow myself.....Gonna watch some video and see what a better approach looks like.

My goals are a better camera...... Getting better at posting videos.... Then getting some more advice....

When should you begin the arm swing

billf
01-01-2013, 02:29 PM
On a 4 or 5 step approach, as your right foot goes forward the pushaway also goes at the same time and distance. If using the hinge method, hinge just as the right foot makes contact on the step.
I would be willing to bet you didn't know about the double pump before seeing it and didn't realize how much you bend the elbow. It always amazes me how we look bowling compared to how it feels when we are doing it.

got_a_300
01-01-2013, 03:20 PM
I can not see the video every time I click on the
picture in the first post I just get a gray screen
with a play arrow and when I click on the play
arrow it just wants to do a update. When I click
on allow it just says there is no update available.

Ok never mind I used Firefox and was able to
watch the video must be something with IE 8
that isn't working right.

Yes the back swing does look real short and muscled
all the way through.

swingset
01-02-2013, 08:20 PM
You're using 100% arm. You should be using 10% arm. Do some free-swing drills....do lots and lots of them.

remix
01-11-2013, 02:42 AM
Definitely need to work on your ball swing. A good push out and then let the ball do the work. A nice steady even walk on the approach will help as well. Norm Duke's video goes through all the basics and helped me a lot.